Group Sales Manager
New York, NY 10017
Seeking a SALES MANAGER with Group Sales and Hospitality experience to support a luxury hospitality group, supporting their US market.
The keys to the role are:
- To generate group revenues through confirmed contracts for The Company' s Hotels
- To attract, maintain and retain quality clients
- Influences change by challenging the status quo, proposing ideas, and creating solutions to advance the company forward
- Understands the what and why for balancing long-term success with driving strong short-term results for the company
- Sets ambitious goals
- Tolerates complexity, chaos, ambiguity, and lack of structure
- Asks questions to understand issues more fully including considering how they connect with other issues, functions, processes, the big picture, and the future
- Connects to purpose to originate and innovate
- Studies how people behave to influence, inspire and motivate them
- Empowers people by building trust
- Takes ownership of outcomes - asks self what can I do to bring about the result I am seeking
- Studies the markets and the business (complexities, obstacles, issues and opportunities)
- Sees what’ s working and what’ s not, recommends alternatives to enable better execution
- Explores, reframes, creates, and solves to produce better results
- Strives to be in sync with the team and the rest of the organization -- achieves alignment
- Drives for extraordinary results -- aims high and has a plan behind it.
- Engages and explores – applies new discoveries and information to produce better results Anticipates, doesn’ t wait to be told
- Act as the single point of contact for group clients in the US Market and to drive revenues to all 3 of The Company' s Hotels
- Meet quotas by lead follow up with hotels, proposal follow up with clients and ability to close the business
- Focus sales activities, top accounts and bookings to drive revenue to The Company' s Hotels
- Manage own travel and successfully set up and expedite Direct Sales Calls
- Coordinate Event Planning for member hotels including but not limited to Group Sales Missions
- Develop a sales pipeline and report on sales activities to the Director of Sales & Marketing
Requirements, Experience and Qualifications
- At least 5 years of sales related experience
- Hospitality, travel, luxury, international experience essential, specifically Europe
- Bachelor’ s degree or equivalent
Skills and Abilities
- Act autonomously and proactively in the pursuit of group business
- Multi-task and work in a fluid and ever-changing work environment
- Strong fundamental sales skills
- Effective organizational and planning skills
- Work and communicate with clients and hotels from varied and diverse backgrounds
- Manage budgets and meet budget guidelines.
- Prepare written and verbal presentations
- Develop effective and creative sales efforts that will realize a ROI for The Company' s Hotels
- Represent/demonstrate The Company' s Hotels and our core values
- Executive polish and presence
- Ability to influence and build trust
- Travel (30%) and promote The Company' s Hotels within assigned territory
Managing Director, Digital & eCommerce Recruiting
Patti started working with The Connors Group in 2007. Her outgoing personality, energy, and positive attitude helped quickly develop a broad and loyal base of candidates and clients. Patti believes an ideal client relationship is a true “partner” with the shared goal of quickly and successfully recruiting the right talent... relationships that are built on trust, communication, and attention to all the right details. She believes that investing time to understand the big picture… the business and goals… are imperative when taking on a new search. Equally important to the “job order” is identifying the fit, and her goal is to add value and become that trusted, go-to resource companies seek to get their positions filled!
Candidates want to establish relationships with recruiters who understand the industry, skills, career goals, and personalities of the people they recruit. Listening to what is important to the individual- besides the skills match- to better align qualities with opportunities is the goal. Communication as well. Honest and open communication are paramount. As a recruiter working with both passive and active candidates; Patti strives to understand “who they are,” “what are their career goals,” “what do they think is their most valuable trait.” Listening, establishing rapport, and keeping the line of communication open… providing career guidance, suggestions, and honest feedback is what she believes differentiates our team from other recruiters!
Helping to build the digital practice for The Connors Group, even riding the waves of an up and down economy, and witnessing early stages of the digital, eCommerce era... is something Patti is tremendously proud of. To be part of successful and consistent growth… understanding the trends / translatable skills, cultivating relationships with early pioneers who were just starting out… and seeing their progression- it is very rewarding to be part of that change! Similarly, earlier in her technical sales career, witnessing the transition from Mainframe, Data Center technology… to Personal Computing, Microcomputing, and ultimately partnering with an innovative group to target small- to medium- sized businesses to offer affordable, powerful computer solutions- it was incredible to see that trend explode and have a part in it!
She would have to say… over the course of a 30-year career in technology, that Patti has found it satisfying to have contributed to both sides; from the evolution of computing and putting technology in the hands of the people… to now putting people with the right hands on the technology! Her goal is to continue to build a reputation as a Subject Matter Expert in the digital talent space, working with new companies and staying abreast of emergent technologies so that she may continue to service new and existing clients; and be positioned as a trustworthy and valuable partner. Outside of work, she loves to travel... mostly off the beaten path, has a knack for party hosting and loves to dance!