Functional Analyst, Product Creation
1001 Frontier Rd. Bridgewater, NJ 08807
Contribute as a core team member to multiple IT project teams in full-cycle application development activities including design, integration, system analysis, enhancement, maintenance, and support.
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES/ACCOUNTABILITIES OF THE JOB:
- Support the full-life cycle system development for each modification, including analysis, design, documentation, development, and testing.
- Develop or modify software systems using disciplined software development processes and make suggestions on business process improvements.
- Diagnose issues and provide solutions when unit testing and applications fail to meet specifications. Administer application support issues across multiple areas.
- Perform hands-on solution design, prototyping, proof-of-concepts, and analytical and development tasks as required in support of current and new projects.
- Identify appropriate sources of data feeds and interfaces with data managers to ensure feasibility.
- Provide support in evaluation and selection process of application packages.
- Translate knowledge of software into software development/maintenance guidelines and standards. Promote adherence to compliance and documenting changes.
- Conduct extensive testing and verification of test results during integration testing with other systems; troubleshoot system errors and escalate complex system errors to senior team members.
- Analyze business requests and recommend solutions that meet both system capabilities and business need.
- Work within Centric software to assist with configuration, security, and view setup.
- Adapt to a highly dynamic business environment, proactively seeking ways to deliver IT value to the organization and exceed expectations.
- Perform hands-on solution design, prototyping, proof-of-concepts, and development tasks as required in support of current and new projects.
- Work seamlessly in a cross-team, matrixed environment.
- Work well in a global business environment, communicating effectively with business associates across cultures, time zones and languages.
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE:
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in process & functional analysis.
- Minimum of 2 years of experience in SSRS or other query language.
- Experience in report development and deployment, including ad-hoc reports, drill down and drill through reports, and cross tab reports.
- Experience in all phases of Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC).
- Bachelor’ s degree in a technology related field, Computer Science, Math, and/or Engineering).
- Microsoft Office, Microsoft Project /Project Management.
- Current development expertise, which could include SSRS or other query language.
- Demonstrate proficient knowledge of information systems and architecture standards with expertise in multiple programming languages, applications, systems designs, and project management methodologies.
- Demonstrate proficient knowledge in business concepts, processes, and functional IT strategy.
- Ability to interact effectively at all levels of the organization.
- Strong customer service, quality, and results orientation.
- Ability to articulate complex ideas, comprehend written and verbal communications, and possess excellent presentation skills, both written and verbal.
Meet Your Recruiter
Recruiting Director, Executive Search
Christine joined The Connors Group in 2006 and is based in Charlotte, North Carolina. With her roots in the NY area, she uses her local knowledge and experience to serve NYC area clients and candidates in multiple industries.
Christine knows that clients value honesty, attention to details and sound judgment in identifying and presenting highly qualified, well targeted candidates. Using her vetting techniques, she confidently presents only candidates who have the depth of background and breadth of experience that meet the specific requirements of the position. She also has an eye toward the future to ensure her candidates will become highly valuable to her clients and be able to progress.
Candidates appreciate recruiters who listen to their aspirations and objectives. Christine understands that candidates need accurate information about positions, the culture and career potential. She uses her in-depth understanding of the individual client hiring process and her ability to guide candidates through each step to remove the uncertainty associated with seeking a new position.
Christine provides highly responsive service with continuous follow-up to her clients and candidates alike.
Christine is a key contributor to the Connors Group team of recruiting professionals. She works closely with the team to ensure that, when a position is not in her specific area of expertise, her clients’ skill requirements are routed to the team member who can meet the requirements. Christine’s primary objective is to build long-term relationships with clients and candidates by providing the highest level of satisfaction possible.
Outside of her professional life, Christine enjoys the challenge of learning to play the piano, traveling the globe and walking all the great cities of the world with her husband, jet skiing and fast cars!