Full Stack Engineer/Architect
750 Lexington Avenue New York, NY 10017
We are seeking a talented and experienced Ruby on Rails Sr. Engineer, who is can work 50% onsite in either Miami Florida or NYC.
This is a PERM role to be the Sr. Technical resource, developer and Architect for a well funded, well established Real Estate/hospitality company that is thriving!
You are a smart and engaging person who cares about solving business problems and can help our team keep a robust and sustainable pace. You take pride in your work, but don’ t attach your ego to it. You like working closely with others and thrive in a team setting. You have the confidence to express your opinions, but the humility to learn from your experience and listen to others. Be opinionated and help guide decisions around technology, team processes and creative practices. You have a DevOps mentality, understanding the teamwork and collaboration required to achieve objectives including Agile and Continuous Delivery methodologies
Be the most experienced technologist at the company, in both breadth and depth. Be ultimately responsible for the execution of the company’ s software technology roadmap. Build the engineering organization from scratch and new employees and contractors to create the team with which you can best succeed at delivering on our business goals.
- Act as sole developer
- Design and maintain of the overall architecture of the web applications and platforms with a proficient knowledge of back-end programming languages such as PHP, Python, Ruby, Java, JavaScipt, etc
- Build, manage and lead a small team of developers
- Hands-on Manage development of product roadmap
- Hands-on Manage and implemented third party integrations
- Hands on Ruby gems to streamline repetitive tasks across projects
- Hands on Ruby, HTML, JS, and CSS daily
- Hands-on Setup load balancers, distributed server environments using AWS
- Hands-on Implemented app monitoring and alerting
- Hands-on Write JS libraries for reusable elements
- Implementation of a robust set of services and APIs to power the web application using various techniques including RESTful and SOAP, web services, etc.
- Write clean, reusable, componentized, and scalable software that empowers fellow engineers to do more
- Review code from our agency teammates for correctness, quality, and readability.
- Have your code reviewed by our agency teammates for correctness, quality, and readability.
- Attend a retrospective and brainstormed solutions to problems in our development process and then worked with the team to implement them.
- Optimization of the application for maximum speed and scalability using Content Management Systems such as WordPress
- Ensure code quality, testing coverage, documentation of site so that it is maintainable, cross-browser compatible, accessible, and highly performant.
- Translate UI/UX wireframes to visual elements using HTML5/CSS3 and image authoring tools such as Photoshop.
- Integrate front-end and back-end aspects of the web application and content delivery systems.
- Integrate marketing stack platforms (web, email, sms) to deliver seamless experiences across digital channels.
- 7+ Years of experience building sites using WordPress and headless WP
- 7+ years of experience using Ruby on Rails.
- 7+ Years of experience AWS; EC2, RDS, S3.
- 7+ years working with third-party APIs
- Experience with back-end architecture (PostgreSQL, ElasticSearch, GraphQL, DynamoDB, etc)
- Experience stepping into and working with existing Rails projects
- Excellent experience with modern front-end web technologies (e.g. React, Angular) and HTML, JS, CSS
- Experience in designing and building systems to operate at scale
- Experience with Agile / Scrum
- Experience writing complex single page apps, and serverless functions
- Experience using web crawlers and web page scraping
Meet Your Recruiter
Managing Director, Digital & eCommerce Recruiting
Patti started working with The Connors Group in 2007. Her outgoing personality, energy, and positive attitude helped quickly develop a broad and loyal base of candidates and clients. Patti believes an ideal client relationship is a true “partner” with the shared goal of quickly and successfully recruiting the right talent... relationships that are built on trust, communication, and attention to all the right details. She believes that investing time to understand the big picture… the business and goals… are imperative when taking on a new search. Equally important to the “job order” is identifying the fit, and her goal is to add value and become that trusted, go-to resource companies seek to get their positions filled!
Candidates want to establish relationships with recruiters who understand the industry, skills, career goals, and personalities of the people they recruit. Listening to what is important to the individual- besides the skills match- to better align qualities with opportunities is the goal. Communication as well. Honest and open communication are paramount. As a recruiter working with both passive and active candidates; Patti strives to understand “who they are,” “what are their career goals,” “what do they think is their most valuable trait.” Listening, establishing rapport, and keeping the line of communication open… providing career guidance, suggestions, and honest feedback is what she believes differentiates our team from other recruiters!
Helping to build the digital practice for The Connors Group, even riding the waves of an up and down economy, and witnessing early stages of the digital, eCommerce era... is something Patti is tremendously proud of. To be part of successful and consistent growth… understanding the trends / translatable skills, cultivating relationships with early pioneers who were just starting out… and seeing their progression- it is very rewarding to be part of that change! Similarly, earlier in her technical sales career, witnessing the transition from Mainframe, Data Center technology… to Personal Computing, Microcomputing, and ultimately partnering with an innovative group to target small- to medium- sized businesses to offer affordable, powerful computer solutions- it was incredible to see that trend explode and have a part in it!
She would have to say… over the course of a 30-year career in technology, that Patti has found it satisfying to have contributed to both sides; from the evolution of computing and putting technology in the hands of the people… to now putting people with the right hands on the technology! Her goal is to continue to build a reputation as a Subject Matter Expert in the digital talent space, working with new companies and staying abreast of emergent technologies so that she may continue to service new and existing clients; and be positioned as a trustworthy and valuable partner. Outside of work, she loves to travel... mostly off the beaten path, has a knack for party hosting and loves to dance!