Full Stack Engineer (2)
127 W 24TH ST, 5TH FLOOR, New York, NY 10011
New York, NY
We are seeking Full Stack Software Engineers to be part of an amazing SaaS Engineering Technology company, with an office in NYC offering an innovative and well needed B2B product for the hospitality industry!
ABOUT THE ROLE
Our client is a SaaS Engineering company seeking smart and highly productive engineers to support the company’ s rapid growth.
Working with a stellar group of Product Manager, Engineers, Designers working on the core company product, including mobile and cloud technology stack, in an agile software development process.
You will be implementing real features that ship directly to the customers. We believe in using the right tools for the job and maintaining simplicity in the design.
WHAT YOU' LL DO
- Design, develop, test, deploy, maintain and improve software with a strong focus on customer-facing features
- Be the technical owner of features, from design to implementation to ongoing support
- Manage individual project priorities, deadlines, code quality and deliverables
- Participate in occasional on-call duties to keep software systems up and running
- BS degree in Computer Science, similar technical field of study or equivalent practical experience
- Experience with algorithms, data structures, complexity analysis and software design.
- 5+ years of relevant work experience
- Software development experience in one or more general purpose programming languages
- Experience working with two or more from the following: web application development, Unix/Linux environments, mobile application development, distributed and parallel systems, machine learning, information retrieval
- Working proficiency and communication skills in verbal and written English
- 5-7+ years of relevant work experience in software development
- Prior success and work experience in a self-starting startup, tech and/or SaaS environment
- Experience using Google Cloud and/or App Engine
- Interest and ability to learn other coding languages as needed
Managing Director, Digital & eCommerce Recruiting
Patti started working with The Connors Group in 2007. Her outgoing personality, energy, and positive attitude helped quickly develop a broad and loyal base of candidates and clients. Patti believes an ideal client relationship is a true “partner” with the shared goal of quickly and successfully recruiting the right talent... relationships that are built on trust, communication, and attention to all the right details. She believes that investing time to understand the big picture… the business and goals… are imperative when taking on a new search. Equally important to the “job order” is identifying the fit, and her goal is to add value and become that trusted, go-to resource companies seek to get their positions filled!
Candidates want to establish relationships with recruiters who understand the industry, skills, career goals, and personalities of the people they recruit. Listening to what is important to the individual- besides the skills match- to better align qualities with opportunities is the goal. Communication as well. Honest and open communication are paramount. As a recruiter working with both passive and active candidates; Patti strives to understand “who they are,” “what are their career goals,” “what do they think is their most valuable trait.” Listening, establishing rapport, and keeping the line of communication open… providing career guidance, suggestions, and honest feedback is what she believes differentiates our team from other recruiters!
Helping to build the digital practice for The Connors Group, even riding the waves of an up and down economy, and witnessing early stages of the digital, eCommerce era... is something Patti is tremendously proud of. To be part of successful and consistent growth… understanding the trends / translatable skills, cultivating relationships with early pioneers who were just starting out… and seeing their progression- it is very rewarding to be part of that change! Similarly, earlier in her technical sales career, witnessing the transition from Mainframe, Data Center technology… to Personal Computing, Microcomputing, and ultimately partnering with an innovative group to target small- to medium- sized businesses to offer affordable, powerful computer solutions- it was incredible to see that trend explode and have a part in it!
She would have to say… over the course of a 30-year career in technology, that Patti has found it satisfying to have contributed to both sides; from the evolution of computing and putting technology in the hands of the people… to now putting people with the right hands on the technology! Her goal is to continue to build a reputation as a Subject Matter Expert in the digital talent space, working with new companies and staying abreast of emergent technologies so that she may continue to service new and existing clients; and be positioned as a trustworthy and valuable partner. Outside of work, she loves to travel... mostly off the beaten path, has a knack for party hosting and loves to dance!