Backend JAVA Developer
New York, NY 10001
- Reports to: Director, Systems Integrations
- Location: New York City
The company was founded in 1998 in New York City. The company is an e-commerce retailer which designs, procures, and distributes home furnishings products sold throughout North America and Europe. The company is recognized as a leader in the area category and currently operates from its warehouse facilities in Cranbury, NJ and Stockton, CA, and a corporate office based in Manhattan. The secular tailwinds from the growth in home furnishing and the shift to e-commerce, combined with The company’ s unique merchandising and fulfillment capabilities has resulted in tremendous growth.
The company is the largest pure-play e-commerce retailer (“ B2C”) and one of the larger B2B suppliers of in their home furnishing category.
The development team delivers mission critical technology and business solutions to our technical and warehouse teams, using cutting-edge technologies.
Our technical team contributes to the success of our organization by driving the business to new heights and building on the collaborative spirit that sets the company apart and keeps our colleagues impassioned, driven, and fulfilled.
We currently have a career opportunity for a Backend Java Developer in our New York office.
In this role, you will be responsible for:
· Developing innovative solutions for our technical backend operations
· Working on applications for Warehousing that includes orders, shipments, inventory, and invoices
· Implementing /Enhancing/Optimizing existing and new UI/UX designs on ecommerce platform
· Business critical operations, such as inventory health, order exceptions, system health checks
· Collaborating with other developers on the team for knowledge transfer, learning new technology, debugging issues, and maintaining different systems in parallel
· Developing custom features and functionality for ease of warehouse operations
· Automating manual tasks for different teams
· Building and maintaining new features on our dot com platform
· Collaborating with different products to enhance customer experience on our website
Experience and Qualifications
- Bachelor’ s degree in computer science, or similar field.
- 4+ years of experience in Java (frontend and backend)
- 3+ years of experience in MYSQL, or ORACLE or SQL Server or any database
- Hands on experience with API, EDI, FTP, SFTP
- MongoDB experience is an added advantage
- Familiarity with Agile Framework
- Good interpersonal skills
Meet Your Recruiter
Managing Director, Digital & eCommerce Recruiting
Patti started working with The Connors Group in 2007. Her outgoing personality, energy, and positive attitude helped quickly develop a broad and loyal base of candidates and clients. Patti believes an ideal client relationship is a true “partner” with the shared goal of quickly and successfully recruiting the right talent... relationships that are built on trust, communication, and attention to all the right details. She believes that investing time to understand the big picture… the business and goals… are imperative when taking on a new search. Equally important to the “job order” is identifying the fit, and her goal is to add value and become that trusted, go-to resource companies seek to get their positions filled!
Candidates want to establish relationships with recruiters who understand the industry, skills, career goals, and personalities of the people they recruit. Listening to what is important to the individual- besides the skills match- to better align qualities with opportunities is the goal. Communication as well. Honest and open communication are paramount. As a recruiter working with both passive and active candidates; Patti strives to understand “who they are,” “what are their career goals,” “what do they think is their most valuable trait.” Listening, establishing rapport, and keeping the line of communication open… providing career guidance, suggestions, and honest feedback is what she believes differentiates our team from other recruiters!
Helping to build the digital practice for The Connors Group, even riding the waves of an up and down economy, and witnessing early stages of the digital, eCommerce era... is something Patti is tremendously proud of. To be part of successful and consistent growth… understanding the trends / translatable skills, cultivating relationships with early pioneers who were just starting out… and seeing their progression- it is very rewarding to be part of that change! Similarly, earlier in her technical sales career, witnessing the transition from Mainframe, Data Center technology… to Personal Computing, Microcomputing, and ultimately partnering with an innovative group to target small- to medium- sized businesses to offer affordable, powerful computer solutions- it was incredible to see that trend explode and have a part in it!
She would have to say… over the course of a 30-year career in technology, that Patti has found it satisfying to have contributed to both sides; from the evolution of computing and putting technology in the hands of the people… to now putting people with the right hands on the technology! Her goal is to continue to build a reputation as a Subject Matter Expert in the digital talent space, working with new companies and staying abreast of emergent technologies so that she may continue to service new and existing clients; and be positioned as a trustworthy and valuable partner. Outside of work, she loves to travel... mostly off the beaten path, has a knack for party hosting and loves to dance!