Flash Programmer /consultant
1 World Trade Center NY, NY 10007 | Contract
You will work alongside artists and backend developers to bring new games to market. Candidates must be passionate about building engaging content while maintaining and expanding a larger shared architecture with clean, reliable code.
You will keep us on the cutting edge of front-end programming techniques, technologies, and development standards.
Candidates must be capable of picking up & running with a pre-existing architecture, as well as extending that architecture with totally new features.
You must be a self-sufficient, independent OOP developer as well as a great team-player who can work with others to create innovative solutions for the issues at hand.
• Work with and enhance our current game architecture to build rich, engaging social games.
• Work with technical artists to seamlessly integrate images, sounds & videos into your games.
• Work with backend developers to design and integrate new and existing features into your games.
• Write clean and efficient code that is well documented.
• Propose and recommend creative solutions as well as communicate them clearly and effectively.
• B.S. in Computer Science or equivalent experience
• 5+ years of experience in: o Flash Develop; o Flex or Flash Builder; o Flash IDE; o Object-Oriented AS3 experience. OOP concepts and design patterns o Flash/interactive design environment.
• Strong experience integrating with server-side web applications.
• 3+ years of experience developing a video game engine or similar technology
• Experience with CPU/memory optimization, cross-browser compatibility
• Experience coding complex event handling systems and advanced transitions/animations in Flash.
• Familiarity with version control software such as Perforce, SVN or Git Highly Desirable:
• Proficiency with Java, C++, HTML5, or PHP a huge plus.
• Experienced with architectural patterns such as MVC.
• Up-to-date knowledge of best practices in web standards, design, and technologies including all forms of social media.
• Experience with Stage3D and Starling
- Working with Flash for mobile, tablets and/or other devices
- Experience with Gradle Scripts, Ant, JSFL and command line building
Recruiting Director, Information Technology
Pattie joined the Connors Group team in 2017. Knowing how it’s important to always try and make the right impression with each interaction; Pattie personally feels that clients look for a Recruiter who demonstrates honesty, integrity, as well as trust. When proactively developing a strategic partnership, clients want to know that they can depend on you to deliver the most qualified candidates for their current openings. As a recruiter, she embodies that value in demonstrating passion in her work; evident as they encounter the level of excitement in describing past achievements or enthusiasm in approach to find the most qualified talent for their team!
Pattie strongly feels that candidates prefer that their career is centered around their quality of life. The chance to express preferences for a new job while feeling secure helps encourage them to do what they do best. Quality candidates like to be presented with long-term opportunities where they can see how their skills align with each company. Alternately, people who just feel comfortable tend to base any opportunity on what they currently need in order to make ends meet. Pattie embodies these values by matching the candidate to a position that provides an opportunity to learn, progress, and contribute to the company. Team work is always very key when it comes to empowering an individual to hone their expertise; allowing them the chance to grow within any organization.
Summoning the courage and strength to start her own business while also starting a family is something Pattie is very proud of. Obtaining that perfect balance is always a key challenge, but you need to totally embrace it in order to overcome it. A Director at her former company referred to her as “fearless” …and while she never thought of herself like that, hearing the complement did make her very proud! Her goal is to continue to have a stimulating career; providing open, supportive collaboration to inspire opportunity in the market. She would like to be positioned as someone who is focused on fostering strength in others! Outside of the office, Pattie loves skiing with her family… typically taking a trip out west every year. Going bike riding and taking family vacations are great. She loves summers at a Long Island beach home, going fishing with her boys and spending time at the pool and at the beach!