Executive Director, Retailer.com
One Park Ave New York, NY 10016
Ready to bring passion into your career?
a fast-growing, leading Beauty Company, committed, family-owned enterprise with a fiercely independent and pioneering spirit. As one of the top skin care companies worldwide, with a strong position in Europe and the Americas and growth accelerating in Asia, we’ re looking for a Executive Director based in New York City.
You will lead one of the most strategic business units for the company. You will drive, build and execute the strategy for retailer.com partners for brands to meet and exceed ambitious sales goals.
What you’ ll do:
You will drive retailer.com strategy to achieve sustainable and profitable growth. You will manage P&L of retailer.com activity and define the sales plan and budget accordingly.
By fulfilling the main mission of this role, you will contribute to all of the 5 pillars of the Group strategy: people-centric, brand-builder, consumer-obsessed, digitally-minded, and committed to responsible beauty.
- Drive negotiations across all touchpoints: develop close and strong relationships with retailer.com partners to negotiate the best brand placement/positioning, marketing programs, digital campaigns, promotions etc.
- Build and execute all etrade calendars to deliver online sales goals within an integrated omni channel consumer experience. Forecast promotions and sampling accordingly.
- Maximize brand visibility on every retailer site, drive brand experience in the respect of brand guidelines: identify needs and opportunities, ensure qualitative representation of the brand experience across all sites, increase traffic on brand pages and PDP, increase conversion rate. Test new initiatives. Support all launches with best possible marketing plans.
- Drive cross-functional alignment between departments: work closely with the teams for B&M and marketing to further integrate strategic objectives, sales objectives and marketing planning to capitalize on potential synergies, eliminate overlap and maximize the potential of each channel as well as omni channel.
- Monitor and deliver weekly reports, analysis of brands/products performance on every site. Identify key areas of opportunities, evaluate programs ROI, apply key learnings to any future campaigns.
- Customer-focused, results-oriented and brand-addicted
- Able to anticipate, respond to and lead change, prioritizing effectively
- Someone who can resolve conflicts and create solutions, as well as an excellent communicator. Analytical and have strong problem-solving skills
- A leader who values teamwork, excellence, authenticity, accountability and integrity
- Genuinely looking forward to new challenges
- A Bachelor’ s degree (preferred)
- Minimum 9-10 years in ecommerce, online marketing.
- Retailer experience in in account management and joint business panning
- Ecommerce expertise: merchandising, analytics, promotions, advertising and social media
- Aptitude for working with Internet tools (i.e. web-based reports, databases and various multimedia technologies).
- Strong strategic thinker and strong collaborator. Results oriented and excellent negotiator, ability to drive results through relationship building with numerous partners
- Excellent attention to detail, multi-tasker and ability to work under tight deadlines and sales pressure
- Strong leader, responsible for growing team, possesses problem-solving skills, decisions maker, strong analytical skills
- Strong organizational skills. Ability to organize and prioritize workload to meet deadlines
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, and team player
- Standout brands
- Distinctive, high-quality products and services
- A longstanding commitment to social, economic and ecological initiatives
- Growth opportunities
- Learning & Development
- An attractive compensation and benefits package
Managing Director, Digital & eCommerce Recruiting
Patti started working with The Connors Group in 2007. Her outgoing personality, energy, and positive attitude helped quickly develop a broad and loyal base of candidates and clients. Patti believes an ideal client relationship is a true “partner” with the shared goal of quickly and successfully recruiting the right talent... relationships that are built on trust, communication, and attention to all the right details. She believes that investing time to understand the big picture… the business and goals… are imperative when taking on a new search. Equally important to the “job order” is identifying the fit, and her goal is to add value and become that trusted, go-to resource companies seek to get their positions filled!
Candidates want to establish relationships with recruiters who understand the industry, skills, career goals, and personalities of the people they recruit. Listening to what is important to the individual- besides the skills match- to better align qualities with opportunities is the goal. Communication as well. Honest and open communication are paramount. As a recruiter working with both passive and active candidates; Patti strives to understand “who they are,” “what are their career goals,” “what do they think is their most valuable trait.” Listening, establishing rapport, and keeping the line of communication open… providing career guidance, suggestions, and honest feedback is what she believes differentiates our team from other recruiters!
Helping to build the digital practice for The Connors Group, even riding the waves of an up and down economy, and witnessing early stages of the digital, eCommerce era... is something Patti is tremendously proud of. To be part of successful and consistent growth… understanding the trends / translatable skills, cultivating relationships with early pioneers who were just starting out… and seeing their progression- it is very rewarding to be part of that change! Similarly, earlier in her technical sales career, witnessing the transition from Mainframe, Data Center technology… to Personal Computing, Microcomputing, and ultimately partnering with an innovative group to target small- to medium- sized businesses to offer affordable, powerful computer solutions- it was incredible to see that trend explode and have a part in it!
She would have to say… over the course of a 30-year career in technology, that Patti has found it satisfying to have contributed to both sides; from the evolution of computing and putting technology in the hands of the people… to now putting people with the right hands on the technology! Her goal is to continue to build a reputation as a Subject Matter Expert in the digital talent space, working with new companies and staying abreast of emergent technologies so that she may continue to service new and existing clients; and be positioned as a trustworthy and valuable partner. Outside of work, she loves to travel... mostly off the beaten path, has a knack for party hosting and loves to dance!