Executive Director, Marketing
One Park Ave New York, NY 10016 | Direct Hire
Exciting opportunity for an Executive Director of Marketing This position will manage the accelerated growth and development of 2 brands in the US Market. This dynamic position offers the opportunity to think differently about how to grow these brands, by breaking boundaries and causing some disruption to the US fragrance industry. The position reports to the Vice President, Marketing for and is based in our New York City office.
Role Mission: Lead the creation and execution of marketing visions for 2 Brands in the US. Be the voice of the future – set the strategies to win in both the digital and physical space.
- Lead development of 360 degree marketing strategies for – New Introductions, Non- Promotional offerings and In-store Events.
- Create Digitally Focused Marketing plans that allow for greater brand awareness and engagement.
- Develop multi-media advertising plan and social media priorities with Communication Teams.
- Analyze competitive marketplace, trends, etc. and provide recommendations for new opportunities for the brands to Global development teams.
- Prepare Seasonal Marketing presentations and present to various retailers and Sales Teams.
- Provide clear vision for all Creative and Merchandising directions.
- Foster the entrepreneur spirit and be willing to take risks to the benefit of the business.
- Collaborate with all support teams – Paris Integrators and Global Marketing teams, US Marketing, Creative, Sales, Education, Finance and Fulfillment teams - to ensure deliverables are achieved and actions for improvements are implemented.
- Develop and maintain effective relationships with Senior Management to report goal achievements and identify areas for opportunities and improvement.
- Work closely with Supply Chain/Forecast and Sales teams to ensure accuracy in forecast and deliver on all KPIs.
- Forecast Accountability
- Budget / P&L Ownership
- 4 Direct Reports
- 10 + years Marketing experience, preferably in the beauty/fragrance industry
- Minimum Bachelor’ s degree, MBA preferred
- Capacity to effectively develop and deliver strategic programs from concept to market
- Ability to solve problems in fast? paced environment
- Strong Presentation, Communication, Analytical and Organizational Skills
- Must be digitally minded, self-starter, passionate and positive/can-do attitude
- Knowledge of French a plus
- Proficiency: Microsoft Office/Outlook
- Experience: Social Sites – Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, Snapchat, Twitter
Recruiting Dir., Retail, Apparel, Beauty & Luxury Industry
Tara joined the Connors Group team in 2018 as Recruiting Director, Retail, Apparel, Beauty & Luxury Industry Specialist. She believes clients value a recruiter who is curious, fast, efficient, honest and a brand ambassador. They want to ensure that the candidate they are getting is the right fit for their brand or business. Because Tara has been in retail in many different roles for 26 years, she offers the ability to anticipate the questions a candidate may ask, so that she can interview like a subject matter expert. As the candidate's very first interaction with the company, it is critical to represent the brand and company in the best way possible. Tara knows candidates value a recruiter who is friendly, honest, has exceptional follow-up skills and gives sound career advise. She understands the ins and outs on how to run a business from both a sales perspective and operational perspective. Knowledge of the roles she recruits for allows her to quickly assess if someone is right and ready for the role. And because she has also been the "candidate," Tara appreciates the importance of follow-up. There is nothing worse than experiencing radio silence after you've gone through the interview process. Good news or bad news, she won't leave you guessing.
Tara is most proud of her legacy of talent, possessing the ability to identify, select and retain top professionals. She has developed and coached individuals on a consistent basis, and nothing gives her greater satisfaction than watching teams succeed and move on to bigger and better things! She is also proud of the fact that she opened 17 stores with e.l.f. Cosmetics in a year and half. In her over two years with e.l.f. she helped create and structure how the stores run today, from both a service and staffing perspective, to the operational way in which they function. Really having to become a jack of all trades; she is very proud of what was accomplished there.
A career goal is to be seen as an HR expert in the recruiting field. Tara wants to leverage her experience in running stores, HR and Learning & Development to reach a broader scope of candidates. Her desire is to build trust with the hiring managers and HR so that they think of our company first before going to any other recruiting firm. In speaking to some fun facts, when not at work, she likes to spend as much time outdoors as possible; and loves to run, bike, hike and ski. A Long Island resident, Tara is a lacrosse mom and can be found on the field every weekend cheering on her 3 kids. Her husband is a Battalion Chief for the FDNY in the Bronx. Tara also loves sitting on the beach while reading a good book!