New York, NY 10019
The Executive Assistant also serves as a liaison to the CEO and senior management teams; organizes and coordinates executive outreach and external relations efforts; and oversees special projects. The Executive Assistant must be creative and enjoy working within a large, entrepreneurial environment that is mission-driven, results-driven and community oriented.
This person should be a team and relationship builder. The ideal individual will have the ability to exercise good judgment in a variety of situations, have strong self-awareness and know how to read situations. Additionally, the individual must have strong written and verbal communication, administrative, and organizational skills, and the ability to maintain a realistic balance among multiple priorities.
The Executive Assistant will have the ability to work independently on projects, from conception to completion, and must be able to work under pressure at times to handle a wide variety of activities and confidential matters with discretion. This individual should be someone who is continuously looking to learn and make improvements from those learnings. They should be forward thinking and optimistic and hold themselves and the job they do to the highest standards.
Roles and Responsibilities
• Completes a broad variety of administrative tasks for the President including: managing an extremely active calendar of appointments; completing expense reports; staying on top of President’ s emails; reading and responding where necessary as well as flagging any correspondence that needs to happen; composing and preparing correspondence that is sometimes confidential
• Arranges complex and detailed travel plans, itineraries, and agendas; compiles documents for travel-related meetings.
• Plans, coordinates and ensures the President’ s schedule is followed and respected; provides " gatekeeper" and " gateway" role, creating win-win situations for direct access to the President' s time and office.
• Communicates directly, and on behalf of the President.
• Researches, prioritizes, and follows up on incoming issues and concerns addressed to the President, including those of a sensitive or confidential nature; determines appropriate course of action, referral, or response.
• Provides a bridge for smooth communication between the President' s office and internal departments; demonstrates leadership to maintain credibility, trust and support with senior management staff
• Works closely and effectively with the President to keep him/her well informed of upcoming commitments and responsibilities and follows up appropriately; acts as a " barometer," having a sense for the issues taking place in the environment and keeping the President updated.
• Provides leadership to build relationships crucial to the success of the organization, and manages a variety of special projects for the President, some of which may have organizational impact.
• Successfully completes critical aspects of deliverables with a hands-on approach, including drafting acknowledgement letters, personal correspondence, and other tasks that facilitate the President' s ability to effectively lead the company.
• Works closely, hand-in-hand with the CEO’ s assistant.
• Prioritizes conflicting needs; handles matters expeditiously, proactively, and follows-through on projects to successful completion, often with deadline pressures.
• Supports the President in his participation on other Company Boards.
• Provides personal support in regards to calendar and family engagements, reservations, etc. Board Support and Liaison
• Serves as the President' s administrative liaison to board of directors.
• Maintains discretion and confidentiality in relationships with all board members.
• Adheres to compliance with applicable rules and regulations set in bylaws regarding board and board committee matters, including advance distribution of materials before meetings in electronic/paper format. Senior Management Liaison
• Participates as an adjunct member of the Executive Team including assisting in scheduling meetings. Communications, Partnerships, and Outreach
• Ensures that the President' s bio is kept updated and responds to requests for materials regarding the President and the organization in general, as well as working closely with the Communications team on all aspects of the President’ s inward and outward facing messaging. Strategic Initiatives
• Works with the Strategic Initiatives team (CR, Foundation and Communications) in coordinating the President' s outreach activities.
• Follows up on contacts made by the President and supports the cultivation of ongoing relationships.
• Strong organizational skills that reflect ability to perform and prioritize multiple tasks seamlessly with excellent attention to detail
• Very strong interpersonal skills and the ability to build relationships with stakeholders, including staff, board members, and external partners.
• Expert level written and verbal communication skills.
• Demonstrated proactive approaches to problem-solving with strong decision-making capability.
• Emotional maturity.
• Highly resourceful team-player, with the ability to also be extremely effective independently.
• Proven ability to handle confidential information with discretion and be adaptable to various competing demands.
• Demonstrated ability to achieve high performance goals and meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
• Forward-looking thinker, who actively seeks opportunities and proposes solutions.
Education and Experience Requirements
• Bachelor' s degree required.
• Strong work tenure: 10+ years of experience supporting C-Level Executives within a large, global organization
• Experience and interest in internal and external communications.
• Proficient in Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, and Power Point), and Adobe Acrobat.
Meet Your Recruiter
Managing Director, Digital & eCommerce Recruiting
Patti started working with The Connors Group in 2007. Her outgoing personality, energy, and positive attitude helped quickly develop a broad and loyal base of candidates and clients. Patti believes an ideal client relationship is a true “partner” with the shared goal of quickly and successfully recruiting the right talent... relationships that are built on trust, communication, and attention to all the right details. She believes that investing time to understand the big picture… the business and goals… are imperative when taking on a new search. Equally important to the “job order” is identifying the fit, and her goal is to add value and become that trusted, go-to resource companies seek to get their positions filled!
Candidates want to establish relationships with recruiters who understand the industry, skills, career goals, and personalities of the people they recruit. Listening to what is important to the individual- besides the skills match- to better align qualities with opportunities is the goal. Communication as well. Honest and open communication are paramount. As a recruiter working with both passive and active candidates; Patti strives to understand “who they are,” “what are their career goals,” “what do they think is their most valuable trait.” Listening, establishing rapport, and keeping the line of communication open… providing career guidance, suggestions, and honest feedback is what she believes differentiates our team from other recruiters!
Helping to build the digital practice for The Connors Group, even riding the waves of an up and down economy, and witnessing early stages of the digital, eCommerce era... is something Patti is tremendously proud of. To be part of successful and consistent growth… understanding the trends / translatable skills, cultivating relationships with early pioneers who were just starting out… and seeing their progression- it is very rewarding to be part of that change! Similarly, earlier in her technical sales career, witnessing the transition from Mainframe, Data Center technology… to Personal Computing, Microcomputing, and ultimately partnering with an innovative group to target small- to medium- sized businesses to offer affordable, powerful computer solutions- it was incredible to see that trend explode and have a part in it!
She would have to say… over the course of a 30-year career in technology, that Patti has found it satisfying to have contributed to both sides; from the evolution of computing and putting technology in the hands of the people… to now putting people with the right hands on the technology! Her goal is to continue to build a reputation as a Subject Matter Expert in the digital talent space, working with new companies and staying abreast of emergent technologies so that she may continue to service new and existing clients; and be positioned as a trustworthy and valuable partner. Outside of work, she loves to travel... mostly off the beaten path, has a knack for party hosting and loves to dance!