333 Meadowlands Parkway, Suite 100 Union, NJ 07083
Exchange Administrator will be responsible with planning, designing, installing, configuring, maintaining, supporting, and optimizing all on-premise exchange related hardware/software, exchange online tenant administration and email migration from on premise Lotus Notes to O365. The resource will work in a team environment where teamwork and cross team collaboration with effective communications and accountability is of the highest importance.
This team is responsible for migrating all systems from Lotus Notes to O365 and is looking for a candidate who can perform under pressure and meet strict deadlines. Candidate will be accountable for their assigned tasks as well as be part of a team environment and provide support where needed. Candidate must collaborate effectively with team and provide consistent updates to team and management alike. We are looking for local candidates only.
Responsibilities will Includes:
• Exchange server builds, maintenance, administration, patching, and optimization of the exchange on prem environment
• Support the administration of the current corporate email and application environment which comprises Lotus Notes on premise and O365 services.
• Assist/Coordinate with messaging projects, software upgrades, architecture changes and implementation of new components within the environment.
• Create and maintain the Exchange Architectural/technical documentation including server build documentation and related network diagram
• Develop and document processes and procedures for Office 365 and associated Office Systems
• Assist with technical training and guides and mentors less experienced staff.
• Assist with the Office 365 and associated Office Systems roadmap
• Migrate on premise corporate and store emails from Lotus Notes to exchange on prem to O365 without business disruption.
• Developing customer PowerShell scripts for automation, redundant task, reporting, monitoring, etc.
• Troubleshoot Messaging issues, working in collaboration with other relevant IT areas and vendor support towards a quick and effective resolution.
• Resolve complex routing problems in a heterogeneous messaging environment.
• Resolve Tier-2 and Tier-3 tickets related to messaging and collaboration systems.
• Maintain the development, test and production environments.
• Builds an understanding of current technical Office System architecture and all aspects of the architecture life cycle.
• Maintains familiarity with general infrastructure, cloud platforms, and application hosting options with a detailed understanding of their service area within the Office Systems domain.
• Understands information systems requirements and incorporates these requirements into Office 365 and related Office solutions
• Supports tests on new technologies that have potential impact of Office 365 and potential for use in Office Systems environment.
• Work directly with users, developers, engineers, and vendors in the design and configuration of Office 365 and associated Office Systems
Required Skills and Experience:
Bachelor of Science in Computer Science or related field.
Deep technical and architectural knowledge of the following technologies:
• Exchange (Online/2016/2013)
• Lotus Notes
• Email migrations
• Good understanding of Office 365 features
• Windows Server Active Directory (GPO, Forest, Design, Scripting, ACL)
• Active Directory Federation Services or other federation services
• Azure Active Directory Connect or MIM Sync Services
A minimum of 10 years’ experience in Information Technology with 5-8+ years’ experience as an Exchange/O365 Engineer and/or Administrator in a corporate environment with emphasis on high-availability and uninterrupted 24/7 messaging services.
Experience with Office 365 and migrations from on premise to the Cloud.
Strong technical abilities with thorough understanding of system-level issues associated with messaging and office systems
Knowledge of how to setup SSO
Excellent at PowerShell scripting for administration, automation of processes, and issue resolution.
Demonstrated expertise of Active Directory & GPOs
Experienced with perimeter SMTP appliances such as Cisco IronPort SMTP routing appliances.
Experienced with Email Archiving / E-discovery solutions, such as CommVault, or Enterprise Vault Understanding of Electronic Records Management and document lifecycle.
Familiar with diagnosing issues related to Networking components (e.g., firewalls, load balancers, web browsers, TCP/IP, SSL, HTTP, LDAP, etc. Must be able to provide after-hours support on an as-needed and/or rotating basis.
Familiarity with SOX regulations and best practices implementing Internal controls to comply with Regulations.
Effective analytical, planning, organizational, problem determination and resolution process skills. Knowledge of peripheral systems and protocols, such as Email Gateways, ADFS, AZURE AD, Email Archiving solutions.
Attention to detail and commitment to high quality deliverables and the ability to learn quickly. Excellent oral and written communication with customer service skills.
Able to adapt and prioritize tasks/projects in order to meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment. Must be highly motivated and able to research and learn new technologies.
Always eager to find ways to improve current processes.
Excellent problem solving, analytical, and troubleshooting skills
Ken Peters co-founded The Connors Group in June, 2001 and has been responsible for building the foundation of this premier IT staffing organization that serves clients in the areas of executive search, staff placements and consulting services. Ken has over 23 years experience in information technology and IT recruiting.
Ken’s IT background gives him a unique prospective to what an employer is looking for in an IT professional, as well as what’s important to a prospective candidate.
Handling the operations side of The Connors Group, Ken is always looking to leverage technology to create a world class infrastructure. Implementing this technology gives Connors a competitive edge, and adds tremendous value to our clients, and candidates.