Engineering Team Lead
79 Madison Ave 7th FL NY, NY 10016 | Direct Hire
You will be one of the first 30 employees of a growing company that has originated over $100M of loans. As an equity partner in the Company, you’ ll have the opportunity to flex your entrepreneurial muscles and strategically plan and implement new technology that improves the Company’ s ability to deliver value at scale. This includes being part of the senior leadership team that plans and implements the Company’ s strategic software roadmap.
What you will do:
You will work closely with the CEO and founding team. You will work with stakeholders and help guide our growing team of engineers toward solving problems that are critical to our growth. This will include customer-facing, operational, and technical infrastructure solutions. As a key leader on our team, you’ ll play a crucial role in maintaining and evolving our engineering culture and coaching individuals to achieve their very best.
In this role, you will:
- Be an active member of the team writing and pushing code.
- Help define project scope, and provide project estimates and updates.
- Lead continuous improvement on processes and communication.
- Review code and help maintain our codebase.
- Iterate with the team endlessly and provide regular feedback to teammates.
- Lead team meetings, documenting outcomes and affecting implementation of next-steps.
What we are looking for:
- Ability to establish credibility with engineers quickly.
- 5+ years of hands on experience building web applications, preferably in the payments/Fintech space.
- Proven experience managing technical teams and delivering on ambitious goals.
- Deep knowledge of engineering processes, their underlying principles and tradeoffs.
- Recent hands on experience with both consumer facing / enterprise software, dev ops, horizontal scaling, concurrency, security, design and optimization of software and databases.
While this is a leadership position, you will be expected to be an active member of the team, writing code and maintaining a deep connection to the technical direction and decisions of your team.
We value transparency, hard work and results. We support personal and professional growth by creating an entrepreneurial culture that rewards those who push the bar higher for themselves and our company.
Jackie Connors co-founded The Connors Group in June, 2001 and has been pivotal in building this premier IT staffing organization that serves clients in the areas of executive search, staff placements and consulting services. Jackie has over 20 years experience placing IT professionals, with the past seven years focused on information technology and eCommerce executives within the retail and apparel markets.
Jackie believes that building solid relationships with clients and candidates is the key to success. She always takes the time to listen, because she is truly interested in the needs of her clients and candidates. That's also how she has built her in-depth market knowledge and extensive network of contacts.
Prior to founding The Connors Group, Jackie was a Managing Partner at Jesse Garon Associates, where she became an expert in developing high-production recruitment strategies. Her methods utilize strategic sourcing as well as extensive networking to qualify and assess information technology and upper level management candidates. She is creative in her approach, which yields her clients the results they are looking for.