Engineering Manager (hands-on), Mobile/Desktop
Garnerville, NY 10923
Our client is a leading B2B SaaS provider for warehouse management software and offers fulfillment as a service. Their software platform is entrusted by hundreds of companies, large and small to manage their eCommerce operations. They are driven to help customers grow their businesses by providing a platform that solves complex problems and is engineered to be reliable and fast. The company is obsessed with building great products that are simple and intuitive to use. The remote-only culture reflects their ethos and belief that by bringing passionate, talented, and great people together amazing things can be accomplished. Our client is looking for people who are also passionate about technology and helping customers solve problems.
Our client is looking for an Engineering Manager to join the Engineering team and lead the team in charge of their Mobile and Desktop apps. Given the team size and the goals, they expect the role would be around a 70/30 split between development work and people management work.
- You understand that great things are accomplished when teams work together.
- You’ ve made a lot of mistakes, and most importantly, have learned from them.
- You can code review other team members work and provide assistance and appreciate feedback.
- You’ ve learned from building systems and solutions the reasons to avoid technical debt, and how to approach and implement tests and CI practices.
- You love working with people and building teams, and you have no problem rolling up your sleeves and jumping in to code.
- You are proficient in JS or TypeScript.
- You understand the inner workings of React Native and/or Electron and are experienced in building production ready apps with either or both of them.
- You have gotten knee deep into platform specific documentation. We currently support iOS, Windows, and macOS.
- You are comfortable and even enjoy mentoring others in different skill-sets
- Work on a cross-functional team including Backend, UX, and Product to build solutions our customers need.
- Review features and requirements, design and implement solutions.
- Manage a team of 2 developers.
- Understand business requirements and think through solutions in terms of not just the coding implementation but also how the solution fits into the solution and how it solves a customer need.
- Ability to estimate effort and ship on agreed schedule.
- Perform regular code reviews, with the goal of code quality, good design and approach along with pushing engineers to improve and evolve.
- Optimize existing tech stack and solutions, determine path to next step in the evolution.
- Learn, and push those around you to do the same - this is a craft that you’ re constantly improving upon.
- Implement solutions that are pragmatic to get the platform built.
- Have the confidence to work with experienced and talented people to just build great things, you’ re not a “ rock star”.
- $2.500 so you can buy any equipment you need to be happy at your job
- 20 days paid vacation + new year & Christmas
- Conference days don' t count against your vacation days, we want you to stay up-to-date
- We will pay for courses & conferences, if you learn we all learn