ECommerce Product/Project Manager
New York, NY 10001
Ecommerce Product / Project Manager
The Company has a unique opportunity for a Product / Project Manager of eCommerce who will be responsible for developing (in close collaboration with Business, Marketing, Engineering, and Product leadership) a holistic eCommerce product portfolio roadmap. The Product Manager will also be the eCommerce product expert and thought leader.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Enabling sales growth by developing features / functionality that improve the end-to-end eCommerce customer experience and supporting business systems integrations
- Work across departments and develop strong relationships with colleagues in Product, UX, Engineering, Operations, Finance, Business Systems, Sales & Marketing, and Customer Experience
- Work closely with the eCommerce business leader on strategy, product development, production support, triage, and feature development helping to facilitate The Company’ s digital culture through discovery, development, and delivery, analysis, and support
- Develop and maintain a product roadmap aligned to business objectives and customer needs
- Serve as voice of the customer and report on ROI, risk analysis and product effectiveness
- Solve problems, make decisions, complete trade off analysis to stay on track towards business deliverable commitments
- Demo product functionality for customers and senior leadership
- Develop a deep understanding of the end-to-end customer experience
- E-Commerce, SQL, A/B Testing, Google Analytics, Microsoft Excel, Optimizely
- Document, define, and communicate objectives, requirements and constraints for e-commerce initiatives and releases
- 4+ years’ experience defining, building, and implementing a Direct to Consumer eCommerce platform
- 4+ years’ experience designing and building new products and enhancing existing products
- 4+ years product management or business analyst experience
- 4+ years as project management experience
- Demonstrated ability to exert influence and deliver on capabilities without having direct control over all participating resources
- Superior collaboration skills with the ability to listen, communicate, and motivate teams to achieve results
Managing Director, Digital & eCommerce Recruiting
Patti started working with The Connors Group in 2007. Her outgoing personality, energy, and positive attitude helped quickly develop a broad and loyal base of candidates and clients. Patti believes an ideal client relationship is a true “partner” with the shared goal of quickly and successfully recruiting the right talent... relationships that are built on trust, communication, and attention to all the right details. She believes that investing time to understand the big picture… the business and goals… are imperative when taking on a new search. Equally important to the “job order” is identifying the fit, and her goal is to add value and become that trusted, go-to resource companies seek to get their positions filled!
Candidates want to establish relationships with recruiters who understand the industry, skills, career goals, and personalities of the people they recruit. Listening to what is important to the individual- besides the skills match- to better align qualities with opportunities is the goal. Communication as well. Honest and open communication are paramount. As a recruiter working with both passive and active candidates; Patti strives to understand “who they are,” “what are their career goals,” “what do they think is their most valuable trait.” Listening, establishing rapport, and keeping the line of communication open… providing career guidance, suggestions, and honest feedback is what she believes differentiates our team from other recruiters!
Helping to build the digital practice for The Connors Group, even riding the waves of an up and down economy, and witnessing early stages of the digital, eCommerce era... is something Patti is tremendously proud of. To be part of successful and consistent growth… understanding the trends / translatable skills, cultivating relationships with early pioneers who were just starting out… and seeing their progression- it is very rewarding to be part of that change! Similarly, earlier in her technical sales career, witnessing the transition from Mainframe, Data Center technology… to Personal Computing, Microcomputing, and ultimately partnering with an innovative group to target small- to medium- sized businesses to offer affordable, powerful computer solutions- it was incredible to see that trend explode and have a part in it!
She would have to say… over the course of a 30-year career in technology, that Patti has found it satisfying to have contributed to both sides; from the evolution of computing and putting technology in the hands of the people… to now putting people with the right hands on the technology! Her goal is to continue to build a reputation as a Subject Matter Expert in the digital talent space, working with new companies and staying abreast of emergent technologies so that she may continue to service new and existing clients; and be positioned as a trustworthy and valuable partner. Outside of work, she loves to travel... mostly off the beaten path, has a knack for party hosting and loves to dance!