Director of Sales, eCommerce Channel
100 West 33rd Street New York, NY 10001
Sales Director, Ecommerce Channel
The Sales Director for our online eCommerce channel will have a highly visible leadership role in a fast-growing, quick-moving area of our digital business. Position will drive the team to meet and exceed growth targets, while driving customer satisfaction by growing relationships with clients and their end users
Sales Director, for our online eCommerce channel will fully understand the product and service solutions in the uniform and school space, and bring an exceptional operational approach to recruiting, coaching, and managing the team. Position will be responsible for developing, mentoring and training the sales team to achieve sales goals and operate the online digital business effectively.
This position will lead and develop a strong team of Sales Executives and Sales Reps and ensure that the client service is placed in optimum positions with our schools to drive continued growth in the business. Selling in and selling through are equally important and as the Director it is your responsibility to oversee the evaluation of data and industry trends, ensure collaboration and execution of promotional plans and provide operational oversight on logistics and financial terms to ensure that the relationship is healthy and prosperous for client and their end client
Customer experience and satisfaction is also a key component in the position as there are two “ customers” with which you will interface-with the clients and end users. Feedback from both sets of customers is essential to ensure our online product stays relevant and successful in the marketplace. Position will provide updates to Executive teams on a regular basis which influence product development, service capabilities and overall strategy.
Build relationships with decision makers
- Manage a team of Field Sales Executives and Sales Managers to meet quarterly and annual business growth goals for the region by working with clients nationwide.
- Recruit exceptional talent and coach the team with a focus on providing actionable, honest feedback.
- Create and drive innovative programs focused on achieving growth at scale. Work through and directly manage details in the business as required.
- Collaborate with planning, merchandising, marketing and finance teams to evaluate sales trends, pricing and promotional trends to drive successful outcomes that achieve monthly sell in and sell through targets and in an ever-changing marketplace
- Evaluate client profitability through collaboration with finance, operations, and Regional teams utilizing available systems and tools.
- Provide industry, market direction/trends and how are we positioned with the accounts relative to our competition
- Accountable for targets new client/ engagement within the account revenue and gross margin).
- Collaborate with merchandising, supply chain and operations to ensure forecasting of product is optimal for sell through attainment
- Establish and communicate direction for sales motions that deliver successful outcomes against revenue and gross margin targets.
- Create, maintain and continually enhance a motivating environment that drives team best.
- Strategic thinking- identifies high impact programs and focuses on execution with excellence.
- Strong management skill with an ability to coach a diverse population
- Demonstrated creativity and ingenuity in developing successful strategies for business growth.
- Strong organizational skills with attention to detail and the ability to handle multiple demands with efficiency.
- Deals well with ambiguity and is self-managed. Resourceful and works well under pressure.
- Exceptional presentation skills to senior level executives and large groups
- Strong Selling and negotiation skills
- Proven ability to develop and lead a team, including coaching to sell. Knows how to motivate instead of managing. Brings out the best in people.
- Strong budget and Retail Math knowledge
- Willing to take initiative and exercise strong problem solving skills
- Ability to work well in a collaborative environment
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills
- Strong project planning skills and project management skills
- Open, honest and direct style. Conviction to always do the right thing
- Has a bias towards action. Communicates and hits deadlines.
- Goal oriented with a focus on setting and achieving aggressive sales goals. Helps the team drive for measurable results.
- Creative problem solver. Can create effective programs from scratch.
- Knows how to have fun and create fun!
- 40-50% travel domestically required by air and overnight
- BA/BS College Degree and/or equivalent combination of education and experience. 10 years plus selling experience in the field
- Management of large business in excess of $20M
- Experience developing sales budgets, targets and forecasts and managing sales performance through programs and incentives
- Proven leadership and team management
- Field Consumer and retail marketing knowledge and experience
- Understanding of digital marketing, e-tail, accounting, supply chain and operations.
Success is measured by:
- Revenue and Gross Margin achievement that meets or exceeds plan and quotas.
- Building and maintaining relationships with clients and their end users
- Accurate and predictable forecasts.
- Effective strategic growth decisions as a result of business intelligence developed by sales excellence.
- Well-executed sales optimization and productivity strategies.
- Well-developed sales initiatives and strategic programs that drive overall growth
Meet Your Recruiter
Managing Director, Digital & eCommerce Recruiting
Patti started working with The Connors Group in 2007. Her outgoing personality, energy, and positive attitude helped quickly develop a broad and loyal base of candidates and clients. Patti believes an ideal client relationship is a true “partner” with the shared goal of quickly and successfully recruiting the right talent... relationships that are built on trust, communication, and attention to all the right details. She believes that investing time to understand the big picture… the business and goals… are imperative when taking on a new search. Equally important to the “job order” is identifying the fit, and her goal is to add value and become that trusted, go-to resource companies seek to get their positions filled!
Candidates want to establish relationships with recruiters who understand the industry, skills, career goals, and personalities of the people they recruit. Listening to what is important to the individual- besides the skills match- to better align qualities with opportunities is the goal. Communication as well. Honest and open communication are paramount. As a recruiter working with both passive and active candidates; Patti strives to understand “who they are,” “what are their career goals,” “what do they think is their most valuable trait.” Listening, establishing rapport, and keeping the line of communication open… providing career guidance, suggestions, and honest feedback is what she believes differentiates our team from other recruiters!
Helping to build the digital practice for The Connors Group, even riding the waves of an up and down economy, and witnessing early stages of the digital, eCommerce era... is something Patti is tremendously proud of. To be part of successful and consistent growth… understanding the trends / translatable skills, cultivating relationships with early pioneers who were just starting out… and seeing their progression- it is very rewarding to be part of that change! Similarly, earlier in her technical sales career, witnessing the transition from Mainframe, Data Center technology… to Personal Computing, Microcomputing, and ultimately partnering with an innovative group to target small- to medium- sized businesses to offer affordable, powerful computer solutions- it was incredible to see that trend explode and have a part in it!
She would have to say… over the course of a 30-year career in technology, that Patti has found it satisfying to have contributed to both sides; from the evolution of computing and putting technology in the hands of the people… to now putting people with the right hands on the technology! Her goal is to continue to build a reputation as a Subject Matter Expert in the digital talent space, working with new companies and staying abreast of emergent technologies so that she may continue to service new and existing clients; and be positioned as a trustworthy and valuable partner. Outside of work, she loves to travel... mostly off the beaten path, has a knack for party hosting and loves to dance!