Director eCommerce, Digital Marketing
285 Madison Ave, Suite 1200 New York, NY 10017
Director, eCommerce and Digital Marketing
The Company is looking for a passionate, bright and energetic candidate to join the Ecommerce team, to manage and deliver e-Commerce sales objectives and on-going strategic development for The Company.com.
The role requires the ability to strategize and execute digital programs and marketing strategies to meet The Company objectives. Candidate must be self-motivated, action-oriented, and analytical; have excellent writing and communication skills; and be able to manage multiple projects in a fast-paced environment. Works in strong partnership with all internal cross functional teams to ensure alignment with sales, creative and brand marketing; manages relationships with external agencies and developers.
Primary responsibilities will include the following:
- Responsible for online sales, planning, marketing, promotion, user experience, product development and site operations for THe Company.com. Manage budget to drive key programs across all digital marketing tactics to maximize opportunities and ROI.
- Support key retailer dotcom businesses/sales where THe Company is sold online including Amazon, omni-channel retailer accounts and online pure-play dotcoms. Develop associated strategy/marketing programs associated with driving these dotcom businesses.
- Partner with International Team providing guidance, support and eCommerce best practices to grow DTC properties globally and expand global footprint based on market opportunity.
- Strategize, lead and manage all DTC/Digital marketing efforts including SEO, SEM, Paid Social, Affiliate, Email, Promotion, Direct Mail, Sampling and key partnerships/collaborations to grow all DTC businesses.
- Develop disruptive creative ideas, concepts and programs to acquire new customers and grow loyal customer base.
- Build customer acquisition and retention goals, strategies and tactics to deliver on 3-year business objectives.
- Manage email marketing and CRM campaign calendars. Includes new launch, promotional, and content campaigns to improve email engagement and maximize email revenue.
- Develop content & messaging for all ongoing behavior- and transactional-triggered email communications (i.e. cart abandon, order confirmation, ship confirmation, etc.)
- Enhance and integrate THe Company loyalty program into customer lifecycle management
- Manage and measure customer lifecycle migration, focusing on maximizing lifetime value
- Grow replenishment / subscription program participation through digital marketing efforts and email campaigns.
- Collaborate with brand marketing team to create and manage email and site content calendar to support new launch and brand campaigns.
- Responsible for tracking, analyzing and reporting on business and campaign performance.
- Responsible for competitive monitoring and tracking.
- Develop weekly and monthly business performance reporting.
- Oversee team of 2 direct reports specializing in eCommerce and Digital Marketing.
Key Elements for Success
- BA/BS degree required
- 7-10 yrs of eCommerce and Digital marketing experience required
- Experience with Shopify, Google Analytics, third-party eCommerce technologies and Amazon required
- Business- and results-driven mindset
- Ability to derive and articulate insights into action, and develop new programs from data
- Strong understanding of CRM principles
- Experience managing external partners, budgets and timelines
- Ability to move projects forward effectively and efficiently
Managing Director, Digital & eCommerce Recruiting
Patti started working with The Connors Group in 2007. Her outgoing personality, energy, and positive attitude helped quickly develop a broad and loyal base of candidates and clients. Patti believes an ideal client relationship is a true “partner” with the shared goal of quickly and successfully recruiting the right talent... relationships that are built on trust, communication, and attention to all the right details. She believes that investing time to understand the big picture… the business and goals… are imperative when taking on a new search. Equally important to the “job order” is identifying the fit, and her goal is to add value and become that trusted, go-to resource companies seek to get their positions filled!
Candidates want to establish relationships with recruiters who understand the industry, skills, career goals, and personalities of the people they recruit. Listening to what is important to the individual- besides the skills match- to better align qualities with opportunities is the goal. Communication as well. Honest and open communication are paramount. As a recruiter working with both passive and active candidates; Patti strives to understand “who they are,” “what are their career goals,” “what do they think is their most valuable trait.” Listening, establishing rapport, and keeping the line of communication open… providing career guidance, suggestions, and honest feedback is what she believes differentiates our team from other recruiters!
Helping to build the digital practice for The Connors Group, even riding the waves of an up and down economy, and witnessing early stages of the digital, eCommerce era... is something Patti is tremendously proud of. To be part of successful and consistent growth… understanding the trends / translatable skills, cultivating relationships with early pioneers who were just starting out… and seeing their progression- it is very rewarding to be part of that change! Similarly, earlier in her technical sales career, witnessing the transition from Mainframe, Data Center technology… to Personal Computing, Microcomputing, and ultimately partnering with an innovative group to target small- to medium- sized businesses to offer affordable, powerful computer solutions- it was incredible to see that trend explode and have a part in it!
She would have to say… over the course of a 30-year career in technology, that Patti has found it satisfying to have contributed to both sides; from the evolution of computing and putting technology in the hands of the people… to now putting people with the right hands on the technology! Her goal is to continue to build a reputation as a Subject Matter Expert in the digital talent space, working with new companies and staying abreast of emergent technologies so that she may continue to service new and existing clients; and be positioned as a trustworthy and valuable partner. Outside of work, she loves to travel... mostly off the beaten path, has a knack for party hosting and loves to dance!