Director Training - Global Supply Chain
200 Madison Ave (between 35th & 36th), 8th floor New York, NY 10018 | Direct Hire
This role will be accountable for the design and management of a GSC Academy (under the Client University umbrella), including the creation and successful delivery of process-based training courses, using blended learning solutions for global associates to support training requirements driven by organizational or application changes with the global supply chain.
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES/ACCOUNTABILITIES OF THE JOB:
- Design overall training strategy (GSC Academy) for GSC associates, at all levels, using best practice learning methodologies that meet the needs of an evolving business
- Benchmark against best practices and programs; identify opportunities to implement new and innovative programs and strategies to support overall people strategy and GSC strategies and goals
- Develop/create job descriptions that describe the necessary capabilities to effectively perform current & future roles/responsibilities
- Design, develop, and deliver process-based training to a diverse group of users.
- Develop & Coordinate end-user documentation, job aids, etc.
- Create communication plans (training plan)
- Partner with the business, HR, and TM&OE to ensure alignment of initiatives
- Analyze department-specific training and development needs by consulting with divisions and departments as well as individual managers
- Conduct classroom seminars including pilot programs, train-the-trainer, management and non-supervisory seminars, custom application training programs and other class programs
- Consult with internal stakeholders to foster partnerships and ensure seamless communication / execution of project and ongoing tasks
- In support of succession planning and career development, work with GSC HR lead to align training with GSC People Strategy and Client established training and development initiatives
- Participate in organizational effectiveness initiatives, communications and other HR initiatives
- Participate in drafting of presentations on GSC OE initiatives for senior executives
- As appropriate, participate in talent meetings, support talent management
- Partner with HR & TM&OE on assessments and development planning and coaching
- Provide instruction, support and guidance to all levels of management on how to conduct and implement development planning to support the development of talent
- Contribute Change management impact; Evaluate user readiness; Identify, analyze, prepare risk mitigation
INTERNAL & EXTERNAL CONTACTS:
Internal: Extensive contact with Senior Management as well as division and department heads to determine development needs and create related strategies to develop the workforce. Work in partnership with the senior HR leadership team, all HR groups within Client, the TM&OE team and leaders within the Strategic Initiative office (SIO) to implement talent practices and process. Regular contact with associates at all levels throughout the GSC organization in the design and delivery of training and OE programs.
External: Ongoing contact with external talent management consultants, coaches, and instructors.
Indirect: Act as leader of task forces and committees for designing organizational development strategies and programs.
DECISION MAKING: In consultation with TM&OE, direct supervisor, GSC senior management and SIO, identify and implement learning and OE strategies for the organization. Use knowledge of OE practices to create strategies and programs. Assist senior managers and HR in staffing and talent management decisions.
RESOURCEFULNESS/CREATIVITY: Design, develop, and write effective classroom presentations, trainer’ s guides, participant guides, and other classroom materials. Stay current on best practices and trends in OE and talent management as well as industry-specific practices.
ENVIRONMENT: Some travel required to Client offices in South New Jersey and some travel to other Client locations or offsite events.
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE:
Experience: 6 to 10 years of training management experience along with strong skills in instructional design, seminar delivery, needs analysis and evaluation methods, including computer training and soft skills training delivery experience; 6 to 10 years of experience in organizational development with background in change management, leadership development, and related.
Education: Advanced degree in Industrial/Organizational Psychology or Organizational Development or related field. Certifications in various talent programs and assessment tools such as DDI training, 360-degree assessments, coaching certification, personality assessments, and others related.
Skills: Strategic thinker and planner. Strong internal consulting skills. Strong management and organizational skills. Strong teamwork and collaboration skills. Experienced in coaching and assessing leaders. Proven training program design and implementation skills. Excellent platform delivery skills. Strong written communication skills. Strong PC skills including knowledge of talent systems.
Ken Peters co-founded The Connors Group in June, 2001 and has been responsible for building the foundation of this premier IT staffing organization that serves clients in the areas of executive search, staff placements and consulting services. Ken has over 23 years experience in information technology and IT recruiting.
Ken’s IT background gives him a unique prospective to what an employer is looking for in an IT professional, as well as what’s important to a prospective candidate.
Handling the operations side of The Connors Group, Ken is always looking to leverage technology to create a world class infrastructure. Implementing this technology gives Connors a competitive edge, and adds tremendous value to our clients, and candidates.