Director M&A Strategy & Business Development/
200 Madison Ave New York, NY 10016
The Director/Sr Manager, M&A Strategy & Business Development working closely with Treasury & Investor Relationships will assist the GVP, Strategy & Business Development in the research, evaluation, due diligence and integration of acquisitions, partnerships, investments and other business ventures on a global basis, across multiple business groups.
A MUST HAVE SKILL - The Director will have HANDS-ON experience in all the necessary steps for new acquisitions and mergers; the candidate will help monitor M&A market activity and competitive landscape, including accurate and timely information flow regarding specific acquisition prospects and transactions.
Additionally, the Sr Manager will assist in all facets of corporate strategy formulation and planning, special strategic projects and business development activities.
You will manage the M&A transaction process from identification of potential targets to close, leveraging prior M&A knowledge and experience, this includes
- Applying sound business judgment in leading discussions and problem solving as well as making recommendations on significant transaction terms
- Preparing presentations to board of directors, senior management, and other internal teams, on various topics including strategic direction, long term plans, opportunities and updates on transactions
- Utilizing in-depth knowledge of the industry and market trends, competitive intelligence, and consumers
- Synthesize extensive amounts of detailed data to see the big picture, analyze and summarize vast amounts of information as well as understand all of the detail supporting the analysis
- Coordinates across the organization to develop the long term operating and valuation models
- Develops, analyzes, and prioritizes business cases for high potential opportunities
- You will bring an analytical foundation to all work; partner across the organization to create initiative-specific and ongoing analytics; embed initiatives/business propositions across the organization; define initiative scope, success metrics, and high-level milestones
- Also Provide ad hoc analytics and other projects and duties as assigned
- 4-6+ years of corporate finance, strategy and analytics or investment banking experience
- M&A transactions experience, preferably in retail and / or consumer space
- Project management, leadership and solid ability to problem-solve creatively
- Experience driving broad, cross-functional, cross-market strategic initiatives from definition to execution in a complex, matrixed organization, marrying both quantitative and qualitative analysis
- You will have a deep and nuanced understanding of the apparel/fashion/CPG industies including bricks-and-mortar, ecommerce, and preferably wholesale channels
- Exposure to relevant retail and/or manufacturing operations activities within a business of significant scale
- Experience operating in international markets; an understanding of non-US business operations and comfort traveling to and communicating with international stakeholders
- Deep understanding of operational, accounting, tax, legal, financing and human resource implications of a potential transaction
- Solid organizational skills, analytical ability to work with processes, numbers and statistics
- Exceptional financial acumen; global financial experience required
- Effective presentation and written and verbal communication skills – the ability to influence and work successfully with varied audiences and executives
- Ability to set priorities and manage multiple initiatives independently while leveraging cross-functional resources
- Strong influencing skills; the ability to build relationships and credibility internally and externally and drive action without direct reporting authority
- Strong analytical and reporting skill sets; ability to serve in a support capacity with regard to strategic financial and business analysis
Education: Bachelor’ s degree in Business, MBA or CPA preferred
Recruiting Director, Project / Program Management & Business
Sue started working with The Connors Group in 2010, enthusiastically bringing expertise to an organization that shares her values of professional integrity and quality relationships. Sue focuses on recruiting Project / Program Management professionals for Business Transformation initiatives. She believes that clients value a good reputation, transparency in the process of working with candidates, and depth of insight to provide expedient solutions. On the talent side, Sue knows that candidates value access to opportunity, knowledge in review of their background, and the time we take to build rapport.
Sue strives to continue as thought leader/adviser for companies who want to grow their team with project managers; and be perceived as as a source for industry trends and market intelligence. She enjoys networking in the field and working with different professional groups within the Project Management domain. As a sociology major, she has always enjoyed the “people side of IT;” connecting the companies we work with and the people we network with. She also enjoys game shows, board games, volunteering, and travel – ask her about her time on $1,000 Pyramid!