Director Insights & Analytics
500 Mamaroneck Avenue , Suite 510 Harrison, NY 10528
NY AREA Based or WORK REMOTE,
Our growing team is composed of highly experienced scientists, marketers, and eCommerce professionals as well as recent graduates, making the company a dynamic and exciting place to work and learn. Our people are talented, motivated, and aim to get better each day. Every one of us is expected to be a leader, a teammate, and to demonstrate passion in all that we do.
Seeking for a talented and passionate Director of Insights and Analytics to lead our growing analytics team. This role is responsible for evolving our analytics platform to be best in class and capable of supporting our growth to a $100M+ omni-channel brand. The ideal candidate will lead our efforts to evolve our insight gathering, analysis, and reporting across all aspects of our eCommerce platform including multi-channel customer acquisition, customer loyalty and retention, and customer experience. These efforts will be critical in improving customer lifetime value, customer acquisition cost, revenue growth and profitability. The ideal candidate is visionary, attentive, and adaptable; capable of both designing complex systems and collaborating with senior leadership to make data driven decisions. This position requires hands-on experience working with complex databases and BI tools as well as a deep understanding of performance marketing metrics across e-commerce acquisition and retention tactics. This is an incredible opportunity to join a rapidly growing, purpose-driven brand focused on improving women' s health and overall wellness. This role is reporting to the Chief Financial Officer while working very closely with our Chief Marketing Officer and VP of Growth and Digital Performance to chart the strategic direction of our marketing and sales efforts.
- Evolve our digital analytics platforms to be capable of mining complex data sets to provide in-depth analysis and actionable insights to inform optimization of marketing strategies, campaign performance, site enhancements, and customer retention on an on-going basis
- Collaborate across functions such as product marketing, digital and technology teams to consolidate reporting across all digital channels (search, display, email, radio, affiliate, social media) and share performance metrics with team leadership on a weekly and monthly basis
- Lead data collection strategies to support reporting on key performance indicators that directly measure advertising campaigns, website, and conversion funnel performance across all customer segments (i.e., first-time customers, repeat customers, lapsed customers, etc.)
- Own the development of dashboards to monitor retention KPIs and leverage those reports to garner insights on customer behavior to inform actionable next steps towards improving customer lifetime value metrics
- Mine and report on insights from digital analytic platforms, including Google Analytics, Google Tag Manager, multi-touch attribution and customer data management platforms
- Build infrastructure to efficiently respond to ad-hoc data analysis needs
- Bachelor' s degree with an advanced degree preferred in business analytics, statistics, mathematics, or other quantitative discipline
- 5-8+ years of progressive leadership experience in an analytics role at an eCommerce subscription business
- Strong leadership qualities including a successful track record of leading key projects and initiatives
- Hands-on, extensive knowledge and experience working with large databases, data mining and BI tools. SQL and BI tool experience a must
- Mastery of digital analytics, specifically web analytics using Google Analytics or similar tools
- Experience with predictive analytics
- Experience with analytical tools associated with paid search and paid social platforms as well as multi-touch attribution and attribution modelling
- Working knowledge of statistical testing methodologies
- Strong interpersonal and verbal communication skills, as well as the ability to articulate clearly and effectively orally and in writing
- Excellent organizational and project management skills; organized with ability to multi-task, prioritize, work quickly and to tight deadlines
Compensation and Benefits
- Competitive salary based on skills and experience + bonus + attractive equity stake in the company offering significant potential upside earnings
- Relocation package offered if necessary
- Comprehensive insurance and benefits package, including health, vision, and dental
- 401K plan participation + yearly company match
- Paid vacation and sick-leave
- Invaluable learning experience at a high growth, margin-focused CPG/e-commerce company with strong fundamentals, a deep and innovative product pipeline, and a loyal customer base
Meet Your Recruiter
Managing Director, Digital & eCommerce Recruiting
Patti started working with The Connors Group in 2007. Her outgoing personality, energy, and positive attitude helped quickly develop a broad and loyal base of candidates and clients. Patti believes an ideal client relationship is a true “partner” with the shared goal of quickly and successfully recruiting the right talent... relationships that are built on trust, communication, and attention to all the right details. She believes that investing time to understand the big picture… the business and goals… are imperative when taking on a new search. Equally important to the “job order” is identifying the fit, and her goal is to add value and become that trusted, go-to resource companies seek to get their positions filled!
Candidates want to establish relationships with recruiters who understand the industry, skills, career goals, and personalities of the people they recruit. Listening to what is important to the individual- besides the skills match- to better align qualities with opportunities is the goal. Communication as well. Honest and open communication are paramount. As a recruiter working with both passive and active candidates; Patti strives to understand “who they are,” “what are their career goals,” “what do they think is their most valuable trait.” Listening, establishing rapport, and keeping the line of communication open… providing career guidance, suggestions, and honest feedback is what she believes differentiates our team from other recruiters!
Helping to build the digital practice for The Connors Group, even riding the waves of an up and down economy, and witnessing early stages of the digital, eCommerce era... is something Patti is tremendously proud of. To be part of successful and consistent growth… understanding the trends / translatable skills, cultivating relationships with early pioneers who were just starting out… and seeing their progression- it is very rewarding to be part of that change! Similarly, earlier in her technical sales career, witnessing the transition from Mainframe, Data Center technology… to Personal Computing, Microcomputing, and ultimately partnering with an innovative group to target small- to medium- sized businesses to offer affordable, powerful computer solutions- it was incredible to see that trend explode and have a part in it!
She would have to say… over the course of a 30-year career in technology, that Patti has found it satisfying to have contributed to both sides; from the evolution of computing and putting technology in the hands of the people… to now putting people with the right hands on the technology! Her goal is to continue to build a reputation as a Subject Matter Expert in the digital talent space, working with new companies and staying abreast of emergent technologies so that she may continue to service new and existing clients; and be positioned as a trustworthy and valuable partner. Outside of work, she loves to travel... mostly off the beaten path, has a knack for party hosting and loves to dance!