Director Human Resources
134 W 29th New York, NY 10001
The Director of Human Resources will be responsible for developing and carrying out policies relating to all phases of human resources activity. He/she will provide support for all employees to ensure compliance with applicable government regulations/laws, company policies, labor contracts, administration of employee benefits and safety plans. He/she will implement rigorous processes while constantly searching for value in areas aligned with the company’ s strategic objective.
The key areas of responsibilities include:
- Implement hiring practices in compliance with laws, regulations, to ensure adequate staffing at all levels within the organization.
- Recruits, interviews and selects employees to fill vacant positions.
- Design programs to help retain employees and track the rate of turn over.
- Coordinates annual wage-benefit survey for production employees. Directs the performance management program for salaried employees.
- Administer and advise on all company benefit questions. Provides employees with up-to-date benefit information.
- Assesses employee-training needs and develops and delivers training programs for all employees. Provides specific Corporate sponsored training programs, as required. Responsible for development of Human Resources staff, as well as working with other managers in the development of their staff.
- Counsels employees/supervisors to resolve personal or company related problems, which affect their performance.
- Develops safety policies and procedures to assure legal compliance for OSHA, records and training requirements. Responsible for workers’ compensation case management, which includes coordinating treatment and return to work for injured employees.
- Consults legal counsel to ensure that policies comply with federal and state law. Oversees EEOC/Affirmative Action compliance.
- Prepares annual budget for human resources department.
Experience and Qualifications
- Bachelor’ s degree in business with an emphasis in human resources is required. Master’ s degree in business or human resources is preferred.
- 7-10 years human resources experience is required.
- Personnel laws and affirmative action/EEOC requirements, including recruitment and selection.
- Compensation and benefits administration, including preparing and maintaining budgets.
- Training and development techniques and evaluation.
- Safety practices and workers’ compensation administration.
- Leadership (setting pace, decisiveness, change management, team development, ability to influence, organizational awareness).
- People development (assessment of others, feedback/coaching, delegation, motivating others, performance management, communicating expectations).
- Interpersonal skills (relationship building, teamwork, interpersonal insight, conflict resolution, customer orientation).
- Communication (verbal communication, persuasive impact, listening, written communication).
- Judgment and thinking (strategic thinking, original thinking, judgment and decision making, problem solving, awareness).
- Performance skills (accuracy with detail, planning and organizing, efficiency, business acumen).
- Personal characteristics (motivation/commitment, flexibility, assertiveness, results orientation resilience, quality orientation).
Managing Director, Digital & eCommerce Recruiting
Patti started working with The Connors Group in 2007. Her outgoing personality, energy, and positive attitude helped quickly develop a broad and loyal base of candidates and clients. Patti believes an ideal client relationship is a true “partner” with the shared goal of quickly and successfully recruiting the right talent... relationships that are built on trust, communication, and attention to all the right details. She believes that investing time to understand the big picture… the business and goals… are imperative when taking on a new search. Equally important to the “job order” is identifying the fit, and her goal is to add value and become that trusted, go-to resource companies seek to get their positions filled!
Candidates want to establish relationships with recruiters who understand the industry, skills, career goals, and personalities of the people they recruit. Listening to what is important to the individual- besides the skills match- to better align qualities with opportunities is the goal. Communication as well. Honest and open communication are paramount. As a recruiter working with both passive and active candidates; Patti strives to understand “who they are,” “what are their career goals,” “what do they think is their most valuable trait.” Listening, establishing rapport, and keeping the line of communication open… providing career guidance, suggestions, and honest feedback is what she believes differentiates our team from other recruiters!
Helping to build the digital practice for The Connors Group, even riding the waves of an up and down economy, and witnessing early stages of the digital, eCommerce era... is something Patti is tremendously proud of. To be part of successful and consistent growth… understanding the trends / translatable skills, cultivating relationships with early pioneers who were just starting out… and seeing their progression- it is very rewarding to be part of that change! Similarly, earlier in her technical sales career, witnessing the transition from Mainframe, Data Center technology… to Personal Computing, Microcomputing, and ultimately partnering with an innovative group to target small- to medium- sized businesses to offer affordable, powerful computer solutions- it was incredible to see that trend explode and have a part in it!
She would have to say… over the course of a 30-year career in technology, that Patti has found it satisfying to have contributed to both sides; from the evolution of computing and putting technology in the hands of the people… to now putting people with the right hands on the technology! Her goal is to continue to build a reputation as a Subject Matter Expert in the digital talent space, working with new companies and staying abreast of emergent technologies so that she may continue to service new and existing clients; and be positioned as a trustworthy and valuable partner. Outside of work, she loves to travel... mostly off the beaten path, has a knack for party hosting and loves to dance!