Director ECommerce, Merchandising
New York, NY 10019 | Direct Hire
We are seeking a Director of E-Commerce Merchandising for our omni channel retail client located in NYC.
The ideal candidate will have expertise in DTC retail, ECommerce merchandising and site operations.
The Director of E-Commerce Merchandising will be responsible for developing and driving the e-commerce channel. This is a highly collaborative role which requires partnership with Digital, IT, Marketing, Creative, Operations, Planning, Merchandising and Operations teams to maintain a high volume online store and deliver a cohesive website experience that drive sales. Responsible for the full channel P&L.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
• Oversee and manage the E-Commerce store:
- Develop and execute site content/product/promotion strategies and manage inventory levels and product presentation.
- Oversee content integration on website and visual experience execution.
- Monitor and address shipping, promotion, fulfillment and customer experience issues.
• Lead website merchandising efforts:
- Develop and execute site merchandising strategies based on digital product / collection buy to drive revenue.
- Manage product pricing, promotion and markdown cadence.
- Monitor online inventory levels and sell through.
- Interpret and react to site KPIs to define opportunities in:
Navigation and sequencing
Product placement and SKU productivity
Top and poor performing categories and landing pages
• Manage financial forecasts, measurement and optimization, with channel P&L accountability.
• Serve as primary liaison to external vendors involved in E-Commerce activities.
• Work with other channels (B2B, B2B2C, Retail, International) to drive their respective businesses.
• Inspire, motivate, mentor and educate a dedicate team of E-Commerce professionals.
• Attend major conferences to stay abreast of trends and technologies, as well as provide thought leadership on the E-Commerce landscape.
Qualifications and Requirements
• Bachelors Degree in related field; Masters a plus
• 7-10 years of E-Commerce experience at a multi-channel retailer within in a similar category (fashion apparel, accessories, beauty, etc.) with P&L responsibility
• Business planning and E-Commerce strategy design, development and execution
• Experience with enterprise-level E-Commerce platforms (e.g., Magento Enterprise, Hybris, Demandware, ATG) along with enterprise-level CMS and analytics and BI vendors across all hosting models (On premise, SaaS/On-demand, etc.)
• Omnichannel experience including mobile and online-to-offline track record is a plus
• Results focused – sales and performance driven
• Ability to organize, prioritize, and thrive in an extremely fast-paced, entrepreneurial, and ever-changing environment that requires flexibility and nimbleness.
• Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to develop strong relationships with internal and external teams.
Managing Director, Digital & eCommerce Recruiting
Patti started working with The Connors Group in 2007. Her outgoing personality, energy, and positive attitude helped quickly develop a broad and loyal base of candidates and clients. Patti believes an ideal client relationship is a true “partner” with the shared goal of quickly and successfully recruiting the right talent... relationships that are built on trust, communication, and attention to all the right details. She believes that investing time to understand the big picture… the business and goals… are imperative when taking on a new search. Equally important to the “job order” is identifying the fit, and her goal is to add value and become that trusted, go-to resource companies seek to get their positions filled!
Candidates want to establish relationships with recruiters who understand the industry, skills, career goals, and personalities of the people they recruit. Listening to what is important to the individual- besides the skills match- to better align qualities with opportunities is the goal. Communication as well. Honest and open communication are paramount. As a recruiter working with both passive and active candidates; Patti strives to understand “who they are,” “what are their career goals,” “what do they think is their most valuable trait.” Listening, establishing rapport, and keeping the line of communication open… providing career guidance, suggestions, and honest feedback is what she believes differentiates our team from other recruiters!
Helping to build the digital practice for The Connors Group, even riding the waves of an up and down economy, and witnessing early stages of the digital, eCommerce era... is something Patti is tremendously proud of. To be part of successful and consistent growth… understanding the trends / translatable skills, cultivating relationships with early pioneers who were just starting out… and seeing their progression- it is very rewarding to be part of that change! Similarly, earlier in her technical sales career, witnessing the transition from Mainframe, Data Center technology… to Personal Computing, Microcomputing, and ultimately partnering with an innovative group to target small- to medium- sized businesses to offer affordable, powerful computer solutions- it was incredible to see that trend explode and have a part in it!
She would have to say… over the course of a 30-year career in technology, that Patti has found it satisfying to have contributed to both sides; from the evolution of computing and putting technology in the hands of the people… to now putting people with the right hands on the technology! Her goal is to continue to build a reputation as a Subject Matter Expert in the digital talent space, working with new companies and staying abreast of emergent technologies so that she may continue to service new and existing clients; and be positioned as a trustworthy and valuable partner. Outside of work, she loves to travel... mostly off the beaten path, has a knack for party hosting and loves to dance!