Director, Digital Marketing
485 Lexington Avenue New York, NY 10017
- Develop and lead global brand and direct response media strategy, planning, and execution
- Develop and lead global email strategy, including automated and ad hoc campaigns. Collaborate with Marketing Communications and Loyalty teams on goals and deliverables.
- Optimize media strategy to deliver maximum return on advertising spend through all relevant channels
- Develop and manage global cross-channel media budget, including revenue and ROAS forecasting
- Identify opportunities and develop strategies in support of loyalty program acquisition and retention goals
- Develop strategy to support and execute customer lifecycle campaign management via off site push/pull media and communication opportunities to both travelers and hotelier customers.
- Lead the Salesforce Marketing Cloud and Digital Marketing Center of Excellence empowering both global and regional marketing teams to execute key communications.
- Evolve use of Salesforce Marketing Cloud to support all relevant B-to-B and B-to-C goals supporting our travelers, intermediaries, and hoteliers
- Collaborate with all internal teams including Digital Product Development, Marketing Communications, Loyalty, Customer Insights, Sales, Hotel Membership and IT to drive customer acquisition, engagement, retention, and revenue generation in alignment with broader strategy
- Own the Salesforce Marketing Cloud Product Road Map, enhancements, training and empowerment of all internal stakeholders
- Collaborate with the customer strategy to define and execute prioritized global omnichannel campaigns, triggered communications, and journeys for highest value segments
- Manage and optimize performance of all digital channels including display advertising, remarketing, meta-search, SEM, Social Advertising, Email, and push/pull messaging
- Provide subject matter expertise and recommendations for the applicability of emerging trends and capabilities including attribution, programmatic media buying, digital media platforms, etc
- Manage global agency relationships ensuring proper allocation of media budget and optimization of campaigns
- Support regional agency relationships and media strategies. Provide recommendations for revenue and ROAS optimization
- Identify and A/B test new digital marketing initiatives across media and e-mail channels. Adapt best performing strategies to BAU digital marketing execution
- Work in partnership with Product Development team to ensure consistency of external and on- site marketing execution and customer experience
- In partnerships with Product Development team, develop roadmap and execute strategy for organic search (SEO) optimization and growth
- Collaborate with internal stakeholders regarding online and offline marketing efforts and communicating with hotels to provide strategic marketing guidance
- Align with regional teams to create a fully integrated, global media strategy to maximize revenue and optimize investment
- Supervise one direct report and multiple shared resources executing within relevant channels
- Provide subject matter expertise to at least one Marketing Agile Team
Requirements & Experiences
- Bachelor’ s Degree in Marketing/Business
- 7+ years of E-Commerce and Online Marketing experience required
- Skilled in Paid Search, SEO, Display and Programmatic Media; offline media planning/buying
- E-mail marketing experience, including demonstrated capacity to execute campaigns that generate revenue and drive customer retention
- Meta-search marketing experience preferred
- Experience building, managing and optimizing communications across multiple channels including search, display advertising, web site and email
- Experience building and managing data driven campaigns leveraging dynamic content and creative
- Budget planning & management, revenue forecasting experience
- Demonstrated experience of executing digital strategies that generate revenue and ROI growth
- Experience managing cross-channel marketing automation and campaign management tools such as Salesforce Marketing Cloud, Marketo, Infor, Adobe Cloud, etc
- Advanced knowledge of online analytics programs, i.e. Google Analytics required
- Highly skilled in Microsoft Office, (MS Word, MS Excel, MS Power point),
- Hospitality, travel, luxury, international experience preferred
- Project management experience. Agile/scrum methodology experience preferred
- Experience managing multiple agency and vendor relationships
- Experience building and managing teams of multiple direct reports
- E-commerce experience preferred
- Agency experience preferred
- Fluent in English
Skills & Abilities
- Able to lead direct reports across multiple time zones in meeting deadlines and producing quality work in a fast-paced, high pressure environment
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong understanding of digital KPIs
- Understanding of CPC fundamentals and bidding optimization strategies
- Executive presence
- Effectively learns and trains others on new concepts and reporting tools
- Able to influence and build trust
Meet Your Recruiter
Managing Director, Digital & eCommerce Recruiting
Patti started working with The Connors Group in 2007. Her outgoing personality, energy, and positive attitude helped quickly develop a broad and loyal base of candidates and clients. Patti believes an ideal client relationship is a true “partner” with the shared goal of quickly and successfully recruiting the right talent... relationships that are built on trust, communication, and attention to all the right details. She believes that investing time to understand the big picture… the business and goals… are imperative when taking on a new search. Equally important to the “job order” is identifying the fit, and her goal is to add value and become that trusted, go-to resource companies seek to get their positions filled!
Candidates want to establish relationships with recruiters who understand the industry, skills, career goals, and personalities of the people they recruit. Listening to what is important to the individual- besides the skills match- to better align qualities with opportunities is the goal. Communication as well. Honest and open communication are paramount. As a recruiter working with both passive and active candidates; Patti strives to understand “who they are,” “what are their career goals,” “what do they think is their most valuable trait.” Listening, establishing rapport, and keeping the line of communication open… providing career guidance, suggestions, and honest feedback is what she believes differentiates our team from other recruiters!
Helping to build the digital practice for The Connors Group, even riding the waves of an up and down economy, and witnessing early stages of the digital, eCommerce era... is something Patti is tremendously proud of. To be part of successful and consistent growth… understanding the trends / translatable skills, cultivating relationships with early pioneers who were just starting out… and seeing their progression- it is very rewarding to be part of that change! Similarly, earlier in her technical sales career, witnessing the transition from Mainframe, Data Center technology… to Personal Computing, Microcomputing, and ultimately partnering with an innovative group to target small- to medium- sized businesses to offer affordable, powerful computer solutions- it was incredible to see that trend explode and have a part in it!
She would have to say… over the course of a 30-year career in technology, that Patti has found it satisfying to have contributed to both sides; from the evolution of computing and putting technology in the hands of the people… to now putting people with the right hands on the technology! Her goal is to continue to build a reputation as a Subject Matter Expert in the digital talent space, working with new companies and staying abreast of emergent technologies so that she may continue to service new and existing clients; and be positioned as a trustworthy and valuable partner. Outside of work, she loves to travel... mostly off the beaten path, has a knack for party hosting and loves to dance!