Director, Digital Commerce (Hybrid)
150 Ocean Rd. Greenland, NH 03840
The Director, Digital Commerce owns the digital experience for the company in the U.S. market and connects consumer experiences with commercial outcomes. The role leads a team of creative, curious digital merchandisers and content managers to ensure brand and assortment storytelling are differentiating, shopable, and focused on consumer needs. The Director of Digital Commerce reports to the Chief Digital Officer and is a core leader of the digital growth ambition.
- Owns the digital consumer experience for in the U.S.
- Directs digital merchandising in order to tell winning assortment and product stories that differentiate the brand and drive commercial results
- Interprets digital commerce revenue, traffic, conversion and purchase composition outcomes and forms go-forward action plans, including key events and promotions, product drops and releases
- Communicates business and consumer results to leadership and cross-functional stakeholder teams
- Partners with analytics and insights team to ensure business intelligence and advanced analytics requirements are achieved, and leverages voice-of-consumer feedback to shape priorities
- Partners with merchandise buying and planning teams to ensure product flow and availability aligns with revenue and margin targets
- Establishes prioritization for eCommerce capability development and leads commerce platform functional design
- Oversees content planning and implementation, and aligns storytelling deployment with consumer segments and their visit behaviors
- Is a UX practitioner and understand how to drive brand identity and eCommerce conversion through usability and device optimization
- Partners with marketing and brand design teams to ensure cross-channel and brand experience alignment
- Understands content targeting and audience segmentation and has fluency in SEO and multivariate experience testing
- Coaches and counsels a high-performance team
- Drive for Results
- Customer Focus
- Collaborate Cross Functionally
- High Integrity
- Manage Ambiguity
· 5+ years experience operating in a brand owned eCommerce and omnichannel direct-to-consumer environment
· Bachelor’ s degree required
· Exceptional relationship management experience Must be extremely detail-oriented and have a hands-on approach
· Demonstrated team leadership skills
· Capable of building strong cross-functional relationships across the company
· Demonstrated success influencing across interdependent functions
· Ability to thrive in a multi-tasked, fast-paced environment with frequently changing priorities
· Highly proficient in Microsoft Office
· Able to function in a highly collaborative, fast-paced, and deadline-driven environment
· Must demonstrate a solid understanding of fashion trends and provide input to design relative to Wholesale channel needs while also maintaining focus on the financial targets of the wholesale and retail financial targets
· Strong communication skills, both written and oral; ability to communicate analytical conclusions with leadership effectively
Meet Your Recruiter
Jackie Connors co-founded The Connors Group in June, 2001 and has been pivotal in building this premier IT staffing organization that serves clients in the areas of executive search, staff placements and consulting services. Jackie has over 20 years experience placing IT professionals, with the past seven years focused on information technology and eCommerce executives within the retail and apparel markets.
Jackie believes that building solid relationships with clients and candidates is the key to success. She always takes the time to listen, because she is truly interested in the needs of her clients and candidates. That's also how she has built her in-depth market knowledge and extensive network of contacts.
Prior to founding The Connors Group, Jackie was a Managing Partner at Jesse Garon Associates, where she became an expert in developing high-production recruitment strategies. Her methods utilize strategic sourcing as well as extensive networking to qualify and assess information technology and upper level management candidates. She is creative in her approach, which yields her clients the results they are looking for.