Director, Data Analytics & Insights
Cranbury, NJ 08512
About the Role:
The company is looking for a digitally focused, business savvy, analytics leader to provide strategic direction for our data and digital analytics function. This role will be a key point of contact and collaborator with leadership to provide data driven insights, clear storytelling, and recommendations for optimization across marketing, ecommerce, logistics, finance, and other areas of our business.
This role will act as a strategic consultant across multiple areas of the business, requires strong business acumen, communication skills, and the ability to prioritize tasks with a high level of autonomy. The ideal candidate should hold in-depth knowledge of web analytics and SQL, as well as experience with business intelligence, financial modeling, and the ability to lead a team of analytics associates.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Serve as a team expert and lead in digital analytics spanning web analytics, marketing, CRM, ecommerce, logistics, and finance
- Develop measurement frameworks to deliver on demand insights
- Champion a data first approach to customer experience and find meaningful ways to engage with our customers
- Establish a roadmap for how advanced analytics and data science will strategically change the economics of our business
- Identify gaps in existing data infrastructure required for analytics
- Distill models and analysis into compelling insights for stakeholders and executives
- Serve as a product owner for BI – refining, validating, and prioritizing backlog
- Build in-depth knowledge of the business success drivers (incl. determining the KPIs that will help meet our forecasts)
Education and Experience Requirements
- 8+ years of experience in digital analytics, data analytics, data science/modeling, business intelligence, data platform architecture, or engineering
- 4+ years of experience managing technically capable, high performing analytics teams
- Deep experience with digital analytics suites such as Google Analytics or Adobe Analytics, including QA’ ing events & tracking
- Experience with A/B Testing
- Advanced Excel skills (pivot tables, macros, etc.)
- Exceptional problem-solving skills and ability to understand complex business challenges, develop measurement frameworks, and develop data-based solutions
- Advanced SQL skills
- Experience with cloud-based data platforms such as Azure, Databricks, AWS, Google Cloud, Snowflake, or similar.
- Experience with Python, R, or other statistical programming languages
Meet Your Recruiter
Managing Director, Digital & eCommerce Recruiting
Patti started working with The Connors Group in 2007. Her outgoing personality, energy, and positive attitude helped quickly develop a broad and loyal base of candidates and clients. Patti believes an ideal client relationship is a true “partner” with the shared goal of quickly and successfully recruiting the right talent... relationships that are built on trust, communication, and attention to all the right details. She believes that investing time to understand the big picture… the business and goals… are imperative when taking on a new search. Equally important to the “job order” is identifying the fit, and her goal is to add value and become that trusted, go-to resource companies seek to get their positions filled!
Candidates want to establish relationships with recruiters who understand the industry, skills, career goals, and personalities of the people they recruit. Listening to what is important to the individual- besides the skills match- to better align qualities with opportunities is the goal. Communication as well. Honest and open communication are paramount. As a recruiter working with both passive and active candidates; Patti strives to understand “who they are,” “what are their career goals,” “what do they think is their most valuable trait.” Listening, establishing rapport, and keeping the line of communication open… providing career guidance, suggestions, and honest feedback is what she believes differentiates our team from other recruiters!
Helping to build the digital practice for The Connors Group, even riding the waves of an up and down economy, and witnessing early stages of the digital, eCommerce era... is something Patti is tremendously proud of. To be part of successful and consistent growth… understanding the trends / translatable skills, cultivating relationships with early pioneers who were just starting out… and seeing their progression- it is very rewarding to be part of that change! Similarly, earlier in her technical sales career, witnessing the transition from Mainframe, Data Center technology… to Personal Computing, Microcomputing, and ultimately partnering with an innovative group to target small- to medium- sized businesses to offer affordable, powerful computer solutions- it was incredible to see that trend explode and have a part in it!
She would have to say… over the course of a 30-year career in technology, that Patti has found it satisfying to have contributed to both sides; from the evolution of computing and putting technology in the hands of the people… to now putting people with the right hands on the technology! Her goal is to continue to build a reputation as a Subject Matter Expert in the digital talent space, working with new companies and staying abreast of emergent technologies so that she may continue to service new and existing clients; and be positioned as a trustworthy and valuable partner. Outside of work, she loves to travel... mostly off the beaten path, has a knack for party hosting and loves to dance!