Director, Customer & Operations
801 Main Street, Suite 4500 Chicago, IL 60007
Director, eCommerce Strategy & Operations
We are currently seeking a Director in Customer & Operations for our Digital Commerce Consulting practice.
This is a remote role with domestic travel which could be up to 50%-70% (in future)
- Organize and lead teams providing consulting services supporting one or more of the following services: Digital Commerce Strategy & Roadmap development, Target Operating Model assessment and definition, Platform evaluation and selection and Digital Commerce Platform Implementation Services.
- Organize and lead teams, working with clients to help understand their business model, go to market approaches, their functional and process related requirements for enabling Digital Commerce experiences.
- Organize and lead teams working across multiple client functions including marketing, sales, digital business operations, digital IT operations and supply chain teams to identify current-state challenges and to define strategies to improve business and technology operations and platforms.
- Provide oversight of highly skilled client and WITH THE COMPANY work teams throughout the project lifecycle and help ensure timely execution of project deliverables.
- Provide management and oversight of project metrics in terms of budget, timeline, invoicing, project deliverables, project set-up and close-out activities.
- Lead proposal development and other new business development activities.
- A minimum of ten years of hands-on experience delivering B2B, B2C and/or Marketplace digital commerce solutions with a minimum of seven years’ experience in consulting with a professional services firm or agency.
- Experience from an end-to-end perspective; helping clients with their digital strategy, development of their digital commerce roadmap through a full lifecycle implementation program. Emphasis for this role is the overall strategy development and the operational model to support the digital commerce channel.
- Exposure to one or more industry leading platforms such as SAP Commerce Cloud, Salesforce Commerce Cloud, Oracle CX Commerce Cloud, HCL (IBM WebSphere Commerce) Commerce, Adobe Commerce Cloud, or Marketplace solutions
- Strong critical thinking, presentation, written and verbal communication skills. Strong ability to review, edit and create business development and project related artifacts
- Bachelor' s degree in Business, Computer Science, Technology, Engineering, Industrial Engineering/Operations or a related field from an accredited college/university; MBA from an accredited college/university is preferred but not required
- Travel as needed
Meet Your Recruiter
Managing Director, Digital & eCommerce Recruiting
Patti started working with The Connors Group in 2007. Her outgoing personality, energy, and positive attitude helped quickly develop a broad and loyal base of candidates and clients. Patti believes an ideal client relationship is a true “partner” with the shared goal of quickly and successfully recruiting the right talent... relationships that are built on trust, communication, and attention to all the right details. She believes that investing time to understand the big picture… the business and goals… are imperative when taking on a new search. Equally important to the “job order” is identifying the fit, and her goal is to add value and become that trusted, go-to resource companies seek to get their positions filled!
Candidates want to establish relationships with recruiters who understand the industry, skills, career goals, and personalities of the people they recruit. Listening to what is important to the individual- besides the skills match- to better align qualities with opportunities is the goal. Communication as well. Honest and open communication are paramount. As a recruiter working with both passive and active candidates; Patti strives to understand “who they are,” “what are their career goals,” “what do they think is their most valuable trait.” Listening, establishing rapport, and keeping the line of communication open… providing career guidance, suggestions, and honest feedback is what she believes differentiates our team from other recruiters!
Helping to build the digital practice for The Connors Group, even riding the waves of an up and down economy, and witnessing early stages of the digital, eCommerce era... is something Patti is tremendously proud of. To be part of successful and consistent growth… understanding the trends / translatable skills, cultivating relationships with early pioneers who were just starting out… and seeing their progression- it is very rewarding to be part of that change! Similarly, earlier in her technical sales career, witnessing the transition from Mainframe, Data Center technology… to Personal Computing, Microcomputing, and ultimately partnering with an innovative group to target small- to medium- sized businesses to offer affordable, powerful computer solutions- it was incredible to see that trend explode and have a part in it!
She would have to say… over the course of a 30-year career in technology, that Patti has found it satisfying to have contributed to both sides; from the evolution of computing and putting technology in the hands of the people… to now putting people with the right hands on the technology! Her goal is to continue to build a reputation as a Subject Matter Expert in the digital talent space, working with new companies and staying abreast of emergent technologies so that she may continue to service new and existing clients; and be positioned as a trustworthy and valuable partner. Outside of work, she loves to travel... mostly off the beaten path, has a knack for party hosting and loves to dance!