Director, Consumer Insights and Analytics
485 Lexington Avenue New York, NY 10017
Director, Consumer Insights and Analytics
Key Goals & Objectives:
The Director of Consumer Insights and Analytics will serve as a trusted strategic advisor to company-wide business teams and their leaders, leading the ever-evolving creation of the Insights & Analytics team and function to answer business hypotheses and deliver actionable recommendations.
The Director will partner closely with our Loyalty Marketing, Digital Marketing, Digital Product Development & Content, and other marketing teams to build and strengthen customer reporting and insights, inform customer strategy, refine loyalty design and customer journeys, and support the evolution and implementation of our customer segmentation.
The Director will lead the team to serve as a global center of expertise for understanding for of our customers (curious traveler, hotelier, and intermediaries) and inform global / regional teams about these customers.
The Director will also lead, motivate, and leverage a small but diverse team of data, insights, and reporting professionals to provide unique customer insights to fuel data-driven decision making, develop and enable reporting self-service, and develop the data infrastructure to enable and drive achievement of business objectives across the company.
• Serve as a consultative thought leader to refine and answer key business questions of senior leadership and stakeholders.
• Provide actionable recommendations based on original analytics, research, customer experience measurement, and industry knowledge for various aspects of customer strategy, including customer lifecycle, best customer strategy, customer experience management, segmentation, personalization, messaging, promotions, merchandising, servicing, and product development.
• Ensure team delivery of regular reporting and analytics support for hotelier as well as internal cross-functional partners.
• Evaluate existing reporting and analysis tools, processes, and data sources to identify opportunities for enhancement, future investment, and new tools based on industry best practices.
• Advocate for cross-functional business needs, reporting efficiency, and data integrity in the rollout of data warehouse enhancements, integrations, and new systems.
• Ensure team support and training for ongoing rollout of company-wide self-service analytics through Tableau.
• Serve as the leader of a global center of expertise for our global and regional teams regarding our customers (curious traveler, hotelier, and intermediaries).
• Lead, empower, and develop others.
• Set the standard and enhance business and technical analytics skills within the team and company, as appropriate.
Consumer Insights & Marketing Analysis Responsibilities:
• Create and oversee analyses to identify trends and predictive forecasts in support of strategic initiatives and evaluation of new marketing programs; e.g., cohort analysis, behavioral modeling, and lookalike modeling
• Partner with loyalty team to uncover key customer trends and behaviors that can be used to refine loyalty design, identify opportunities and threats, and measure effectiveness of program construct and marketing plans.
• Ensure measurement, reporting, and analysis of all key performance indicators across LHWs marketing initiatives and channels including web site, online campaigns, CRM, social, voice and other key channels to support marketing strategies
• Provide strategic and administrative oversight of the VOC/Guest Satisfaction Survey program provided to hoteliers, supporting the VOC Manager and cross-functional staff as needed to ensure hotelier requests and needs are met while enhancing the long-term support and functionality of the platform
• Assist in the development and operationalization of a newly commissioned customer segmentation exercise
Requirements & Experiences
• Bachelors degree required, MBA is a plus. Advanced degree in research, marketing, media, statistics or equivalent level of experience is highly desirable.
• 5-7+ years progressive work experience in a marketing analytics, business intelligence, and/or consumer insights role
• 3+ years management experience
• Strong proficiency in MS Excel, Outlook, Tableau, PowerPoint, and Word
Skills & Abilities
• Strategic business acumen and problem-solving skills
• Proficiency in analyzing web and marketing metrics for performance and forecasting purposes
• Mastery of web analytics tools (i.e. Google Analytics, Omniture Site Catalyst, etc.) and/or data mining/statistics software (SAS a plus)
• Experience with complex marketing analyses, e.g., media mix modeling, cohort analysis, customer lifetime value
• Experience analyzing marketing campaign performance and developing predictive models across channels
• Experience implementing customer segmentation/personas
• Demonstrated experience in working with executives & technologists, and influencing across all levels of the org
• Ability to drive multiple large initiatives concurrently across cross-functional teams
• Get-it-done mindset with a strong bias towards action
• Proven statistical data modeling and analysis experience
• Knowledge of data science concepts such as regression, classification, clustering, etc.
• Strong understanding of data management tools and best practices
• Experience with Tableau or equivalent visualization tools
• Gracious customer service-oriented attitude and desire to identify and meet needs of clients/customers
• Excellent verbal and written communication, teamwork and relationship building skills
• Excellent time-management skills and the ability to perform efficiently within a fast-paced team environment
Meet Your Recruiter
Recruiting Director, Executive Search
Christine joined The Connors Group in 2006 and is based in Charlotte, North Carolina. With her roots in the NY area, she uses her local knowledge and experience to serve NYC area clients and candidates in multiple industries.
Christine knows that clients value honesty, attention to details and sound judgment in identifying and presenting highly qualified, well targeted candidates. Using her vetting techniques, she confidently presents only candidates who have the depth of background and breadth of experience that meet the specific requirements of the position. She also has an eye toward the future to ensure her candidates will become highly valuable to her clients and be able to progress.
Candidates appreciate recruiters who listen to their aspirations and objectives. Christine understands that candidates need accurate information about positions, the culture and career potential. She uses her in-depth understanding of the individual client hiring process and her ability to guide candidates through each step to remove the uncertainty associated with seeking a new position.
Christine provides highly responsive service with continuous follow-up to her clients and candidates alike.
Christine is a key contributor to the Connors Group team of recruiting professionals. She works closely with the team to ensure that, when a position is not in her specific area of expertise, her clients’ skill requirements are routed to the team member who can meet the requirements. Christine’s primary objective is to build long-term relationships with clients and candidates by providing the highest level of satisfaction possible.
Outside of her professional life, Christine enjoys the challenge of learning to play the piano, traveling the globe and walking all the great cities of the world with her husband, jet skiing and fast cars!