Director, Sales Administration
One Park Ave New York, NY 10016
fast growing leading beauty company, family owned, top 5 worldwide company in skincare category, number 1 skincare company in Europe, accelerating in North America, fast growing in Asia, is looking for a Director of Sales Administration, based in New York.
The role: You will oversee and lead the administration and operations area of Sales Administration for the group’ s fragrance division and our business partner.
What you’ ll do:
You and your team will embrace the role of central information source for the field and collaborator with key internal departments, key account and field management on strategy execution.
• Collaborate on all seasonal planning discussions and activities, including, administration and oversight of all advertising, visual week, and special event opportunities and support allocations.
• Act as primary liaison and source of information/data sharing between retailers, Customer Service, Marketing, Supply Chain, Key Account Management, and Field Sales.
• Oversee detailing of promotions management and administration, utilizing digital platform.
• Manage special event planning and results collection, in conjunction with Key Account Management and field personnel.
• Lead preparation of business review analytics and market tour sheets.
• Customer-focused, results-oriented and brand addicted.
• Multi-tasker used to working under tight deadlines.
• Strong leader, who understands team dynamics and embraces collaboration. You have:
• 7+ years of experience in Sales Administration/Sales Promotion or related field
• Bachelor’ s degree
• Excellent verbal and written communication, organization and planning skills, with the ability to interface with all levels of management
• Strong analytical abilities and attention to detail
• Highly proficient in Microsoft Office Suite, particularly with an advanced Excel skill set
• Self-motivated and resourceful, with excellent follow-thru skills
• Standout brands
• Distinctive, high-quality products and services
• A longstanding commitment to social, economic and ecological initiatives • Growth opportunities
• Learning and development
• An attractive compensation and benefits package
Recruiting Dir., Retail, Apparel, Beauty & Luxury Industry
Tara joined the Connors Group team in 2018 as Recruiting Director, Retail, Apparel, Beauty & Luxury Industry Specialist. She believes clients value a recruiter who is curious, fast, efficient, honest and a brand ambassador. They want to ensure that the candidate they are getting is the right fit for their brand or business. Because Tara has been in retail in many different roles for 26 years, she offers the ability to anticipate the questions a candidate may ask, so that she can interview like a subject matter expert. As the candidate's very first interaction with the company, it is critical to represent the brand and company in the best way possible. Tara knows candidates value a recruiter who is friendly, honest, has exceptional follow-up skills and gives sound career advise. She understands the ins and outs on how to run a business from both a sales perspective and operational perspective. Knowledge of the roles she recruits for allows her to quickly assess if someone is right and ready for the role. And because she has also been the "candidate," Tara appreciates the importance of follow-up. There is nothing worse than experiencing radio silence after you've gone through the interview process. Good news or bad news, she won't leave you guessing.
Tara is most proud of her legacy of talent, possessing the ability to identify, select and retain top professionals. She has developed and coached individuals on a consistent basis, and nothing gives her greater satisfaction than watching teams succeed and move on to bigger and better things! She is also proud of the fact that she opened 17 stores with e.l.f. Cosmetics in a year and half. In her over two years with e.l.f. she helped create and structure how the stores run today, from both a service and staffing perspective, to the operational way in which they function. Really having to become a jack of all trades; she is very proud of what was accomplished there.
A career goal is to be seen as an HR expert in the recruiting field. Tara wants to leverage her experience in running stores, HR and Learning & Development to reach a broader scope of candidates. Her desire is to build trust with the hiring managers and HR so that they think of our company first before going to any other recruiting firm. In speaking to some fun facts, when not at work, she likes to spend as much time outdoors as possible; and loves to run, bike, hike and ski. A Long Island resident, Tara is a lacrosse mom and can be found on the field every weekend cheering on her 3 kids. Her husband is a Battalion Chief for the FDNY in the Bronx. Tara also loves sitting on the beach while reading a good book!