350 5th Ave 6th Floor New York, NY 10118
Position Overview: As the Director of HRIS you will be responsible for taking our people related processes to the next level. You will create short and long-term goals and objectives for system builds, operations, processes, data flows, security, reporting and analytics. You will drive, influence and collaborate with HR partners and IT to best use systems in place and implement improvements in functionality and training where necessary. You will be responsible for leading a team of HR specialists and for supporting a workforce of approximately 4, 000 Corporate and Retail employees in our offices located in New York City, Los Angeles, Greensboro, Montreal and in stores throughout North America. This role combines your process excellence, leadership, ADP system and relationship knowledge to ensure delivery of an exceptional end user experience in support of our business objectives.
- Lead a team of HR specialists who are responsible for HR operations data flow, analytics, and reporting utilizing tools such as ADP and iCIMS.
- Responsible for overseeing and ensuring the day to day success of HRIS system file feeds.
- Work with the SVP of Human Resources to further develop a strategy to optimize HRIS systems to meet workforce requirements and help drive accuracy. Identify opportunities for automation and reduction of manual processes. Perform regular business process reviews and make ongoing suggestions and create an action plan.
- Lead the projects and teams; obtain key partner buy in, develop requirements, build/test, prepare for change management, go live and conduct post-mortem feedback improvements.
- Collaborate with stakeholders across all functions (HR, Finance, IT, Retail, Operations) to maintain and develop processes that will create a best in class HR operations platform.
- Ensure data integrity, testing of system changes, report writing and analyzing data flows for process improvement opportunities.
- Develop and sustain appropriate controls to maintain and report on information.
- In partnership with SVP, lead the due diligence on M&A deals. Work directly with the HR Team, Deal Team and Vendor Partners to identify issues and implement solutions. Responsible for successful HRIS integration of newly acquired businesses.
- Monitor and enhance service delivery standards to ensure agreed upon standards are consistently met or exceeded.
- Establish and strengthen relationships with key vendors such as ADP, iCIMS, Fidelity.
- Lead compliance efforts through SOX, Corporate Audits and external audits.
- Improve overall employee experience by strengthening the HR operations platform.
- Ability to report and organize data in a manner that will help both HR and the business make strategic decisions.
- Build a high performing team and culture of accountability that ensures delivery of timely, quality services and meets Service Level Agreements.
- Attend relevant industry events and seminars and incorporate key learnings into strategic plan.
- Lead various projects as directed by the SVP of Human Resources.
- Bachelor’ s Degree in Information Technology, Human Resource, Business or related field
- Certification a plus (HRIP, APA, Project Management Professional, Six Sigma).
- 10+ years within HRIS with at least 5 years leading a team and developing strategy.
- ADP system and relationship experience required. EV5 experience is strongly preferred. Other systems experience such as human capital management (HCM) or enterprise resource planning (ERP) is required.
- Demonstrated leadership capabilities, both as a leader of teams and as a leader of projects.
- Demonstrate sound judgment when working through complex issues.
- Ability to analyze, problem solve and clearly communicate observations and recommendations.
Meet Your Recruiter
Jackie Connors co-founded The Connors Group in June, 2001 and has been pivotal in building this premier IT staffing organization that serves clients in the areas of executive search, staff placements and consulting services. Jackie has over 20 years experience placing IT professionals, with the past seven years focused on information technology and eCommerce executives within the retail and apparel markets.
Jackie believes that building solid relationships with clients and candidates is the key to success. She always takes the time to listen, because she is truly interested in the needs of her clients and candidates. That's also how she has built her in-depth market knowledge and extensive network of contacts.
Prior to founding The Connors Group, Jackie was a Managing Partner at Jesse Garon Associates, where she became an expert in developing high-production recruitment strategies. Her methods utilize strategic sourcing as well as extensive networking to qualify and assess information technology and upper level management candidates. She is creative in her approach, which yields her clients the results they are looking for.