Director, Digital Marketing
485 Lexington Avenue New York, NY 10017
Title: Director, Digital Marketing
Key Goals & Objectives
- Develop and lead global brand and direct response media strategy, planning, and execution.
Manage global cross-channel media budget. Responsible for revenue and ROAS forecasting and optimization
- Develop and lead global email strategy, including automated and ad hoc campaigns with focus on hotel revenue, customer acquisition, engagement and retention
- Responsible for all aspects of omni-channel marketing platform (Salesforce Marketing Cloud) including hotel revenue generation; customer lifecycle management; hotelier enablement and community building
- Collaborate with all internal teams including Digital Product Development, Marketing Communications, Loyalty, Customer Insights, and IT to drive customer acquisition, engagement, retention, and revenue generation in alignment with broader strategy
- Deliver Direct Response media and digital channel strategy to maximize bookings and revenue for member hotels, delivering YOY growth
- Develop strategy to support and execute customer lifecycle campaign management via off site push/pull media and communication opportunities to both travelers and hotelier customers.
- Identify opportunities and develop strategies in support of Loyalty Program acquisition and retention goal
- Manage all aspects of our Omni-channel Marketing Automation platform, Salesforce Marketing Cloud and Advertising Studio including the management of global B2C communications; execution of local communications by regional teams as well as communications to hotel customer
- Collaborate with the Customer Strategy team to define and execute prioritized global omnichannel campaigns, triggered communications, and journeys for highest value segments
- Ensure seamless execution of all service oriented email programs, both hotelier and customer facing.
- Manage and optimize performance of all digital channels including display advertising, remarketing, meta-search, SEM, Social Advertising, Email, and push/pull messaging
- Provide subject matter expertise and recommendations for the applicability of emerging trends and capabilities including attribution, programmatic media buying, digital media platforms, etc
- Manage global agency relationships ensuring proper allocation of media budget and optimization of campaigns
- Support regional agency relationships and media strategies. Provide recommendations for revenue and ROAS optimization
- Identify and A/B test new digital marketing initiatives across media and e-mail channels. Adapt best performing strategies to BAU digital marketing execution
- Work in partnership with Product Development team to ensure consistency of external and on-site marketing execution and customer experience
- In partnerships with Product Development team, develop roadmap and execute strategy for organic channel optimization and growth
- Collaborate with internal stakeholders regarding online and offline marketing efforts. Communicate with individual hoteliers in order to provide strategic marketing guidance
- Align with regional teams to create a fully integrated, global media strategy to maximize revenue and optimize investment
- Evolve use of Salesforce Marketing Cloud to support goals of hotelier enablement and community building as well as customer on-property experience optimizat
- Supervise a team of 3 New York based resources
Requirements & Experiences
- Bachelor’ s Degree in Marketing/Business
- 7+ years of E-Commerce and Online Marketing experience required
- Skilled in Paid Search, SEO, Display and Programmatic Media; offline media planning/buying
- E-mail marketing experience, including demonstrated capacity to execute campaigns that generate revenue and drive customer retention
- Meta-search marketing experience preferred
- Experience building, managing and optimizing communications across multiple channels including search, display advertising, web site and email
- Experience building and managing data driven campaigns leveraging dynamic content and creative
- Budget planning & management, revenue forecasting experience
- Demonstrated experience of executing digital strategies that generate revenue and ROI growth
- Experience managing cross-channel marketing automation and campaign management tools such as Salesforce Marketing Cloud, Marketo, Infor, Adobe Cloud, etc
- Advanced knowledge of online analytics programs, i.e. Google Analytics required
- Highly skilled in Microsoft Office, (MS Word, MS Excel, MS Power point),
- Hospitality, travel, luxury, international experience preferred
- Project management experience. Agile/scrum methodology experience preferred
- Experience managing multiple agency and vendor relationships
- Experience building and managing teams of multiple direct reports
- E-commerce experience preferred
- Agency experience preferred
- Fluent in English
Skills & Abilities
- Able to lead direct reports across multiple time zones in meeting deadlines and producing quality work in a fast-paced, high pressure environment
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong understanding of digital KPIs
- Understanding of CPC fundamentals and bidding optimization strategies
- Executive presence
- Effectively learns and trains others on new concepts and reporting tools
- Able to influence and build trust
- Represents/demonstrates the core values
- Demonstrated ability to think creatively and strategically
- Excellent vendor and budget management
Recruiting Director, Executive Search
Christine joined The Connors Group in 2006 and is based in Charlotte, North Carolina. With her roots in the NY area, she uses her local knowledge and experience to serve NYC area clients and candidates in multiple industries.
Christine knows that clients value honesty, attention to details and sound judgment in identifying and presenting highly qualified, well targeted candidates. Using her vetting techniques, she confidently presents only candidates who have the depth of background and breadth of experience that meet the specific requirements of the position. She also has an eye toward the future to ensure her candidates will become highly valuable to her clients and be able to progress.
Candidates appreciate recruiters who listen to their aspirations and objectives. Christine understands that candidates need accurate information about positions, the culture and career potential. She uses her in-depth understanding of the individual client hiring process and her ability to guide candidates through each step to remove the uncertainty associated with seeking a new position.
Christine provides highly responsive service with continuous follow-up to her clients and candidates alike.
Christine is a key contributor to the Connors Group team of recruiting professionals. She works closely with the team to ensure that, when a position is not in her specific area of expertise, her clients’ skill requirements are routed to the team member who can meet the requirements. Christine’s primary objective is to build long-term relationships with clients and candidates by providing the highest level of satisfaction possible.
Outside of her professional life, Christine enjoys the challenge of learning to play the piano, traveling the globe and walking all the great cities of the world with her husband, jet skiing and fast cars!