Director, Business Development, SaaS Sales
2200 Northern Blvd East Hills, NY 11548
Director of Business Development, for Software as a Service Sales
Location East or West Coast
We' re looking for a talented Director, Business Development who will be responsible for prospecting new business opportunities to sell The Company’ s retail technology SaaS product offerings (Point of Sale, Merchandising, and E-Commerce Platform). You’ ll identify, nurture and close opportunities with new partners, driving the full sales cycle from first contact through contract negotiation. You’ ll work collaboratively with internal departments to identify opportunities, drive seamless implementation, and ensure long-term client satisfaction. This role is ultimately responsible for growing The Company’ s presence with west coast retail prospects and clients, both traditional retailers and online retailers, by strategically selling The Company’ s suite of solutions. This position can be located on the East Coast or West Coast.
This will be an individual contributor role, with no direct reports
About the Job
- Achieve and exceed sales quota through identification, qualification, and closure of new business
- Provide competitive intelligence and monitor market conditions
- Maintain sales activity records, internal records, and update Hubspot accordingly
- Identify clients’ key decision-makers, and develop and cultivate relationships in order to maximize revenue for the Company
- Understand clients’ needs, and effectively communicate the features and benefits of The Company’ s product, and demonstrate their impact and value/ROI
- Plan and execute marketing activities, and represent The Company at outside events (i.e. trade shows, conferences, association meetings)
- Collaborate with internal teams (Implementation, Development, Customer Success) in developing specific account strategy
- Understand inner working of the products and present this knowledge to customers
- Develop partner engagement initiatives, forecast strategic changes, and establish a repeatable process of defining success and growth metrics
- You’ re self-motivated, proactive and detail oriented
- You thrive working under pressure and always get the job done quickly and effectively with customer satisfaction being the ultimate measure of success
- You take initiative, meet deadlines, and always maintain a positive attitude
- Exceptional face-out presentation, oral/written communication skills for addressing both technical and non-technical audiences
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Oriented toward providing consistently exceptional responsiveness and overall service to customers
- Proficiency in MS Office applications, including Excel, Word, Power Point, and Outlook
- Ability to provide dynamic product demonstration and learn technical aspects of the products
- Ability to work independently within defined policies and procedures
- Capable of building and perpetuating profitable business partnerships, which promote long-term success
- Strong consultative selling and listening skills
- You have a BS degree, and 5-7 years experience in software sales, or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Experience working with retailers and /or experience selling SaaS products strongly preferred
Managing Director, Digital & eCommerce Recruiting
Patti started working with The Connors Group in 2007. Her outgoing personality, energy, and positive attitude helped quickly develop a broad and loyal base of candidates and clients. Patti believes an ideal client relationship is a true “partner” with the shared goal of quickly and successfully recruiting the right talent... relationships that are built on trust, communication, and attention to all the right details. She believes that investing time to understand the big picture… the business and goals… are imperative when taking on a new search. Equally important to the “job order” is identifying the fit, and her goal is to add value and become that trusted, go-to resource companies seek to get their positions filled!
Candidates want to establish relationships with recruiters who understand the industry, skills, career goals, and personalities of the people they recruit. Listening to what is important to the individual- besides the skills match- to better align qualities with opportunities is the goal. Communication as well. Honest and open communication are paramount. As a recruiter working with both passive and active candidates; Patti strives to understand “who they are,” “what are their career goals,” “what do they think is their most valuable trait.” Listening, establishing rapport, and keeping the line of communication open… providing career guidance, suggestions, and honest feedback is what she believes differentiates our team from other recruiters!
Helping to build the digital practice for The Connors Group, even riding the waves of an up and down economy, and witnessing early stages of the digital, eCommerce era... is something Patti is tremendously proud of. To be part of successful and consistent growth… understanding the trends / translatable skills, cultivating relationships with early pioneers who were just starting out… and seeing their progression- it is very rewarding to be part of that change! Similarly, earlier in her technical sales career, witnessing the transition from Mainframe, Data Center technology… to Personal Computing, Microcomputing, and ultimately partnering with an innovative group to target small- to medium- sized businesses to offer affordable, powerful computer solutions- it was incredible to see that trend explode and have a part in it!
She would have to say… over the course of a 30-year career in technology, that Patti has found it satisfying to have contributed to both sides; from the evolution of computing and putting technology in the hands of the people… to now putting people with the right hands on the technology! Her goal is to continue to build a reputation as a Subject Matter Expert in the digital talent space, working with new companies and staying abreast of emergent technologies so that she may continue to service new and existing clients; and be positioned as a trustworthy and valuable partner. Outside of work, she loves to travel... mostly off the beaten path, has a knack for party hosting and loves to dance!