Digital Delivery Lead
250 Oak Ridge Road Oak Ridge, NJ 07438
The Digital Delivery Lead is accountable for the successful execution of digital transformation projects and works within the Digital SWAT Team, reporting to the Digital Director The Delivery Lead will be responsible for working with Vendors and internal resources to define and successfully execute on the overall project approach, timelines, deliverables and objectives. The Digital Delivery Lead will serve as a primary point of contact on key digital projects, will provide overall project leadership, communication and reporting, and serve as the team’ s subject matter expert in project delivery.
- Formulates, communicates and drives the delivery approach for assigned digital transformation projects, in partnership with the Digital Director, SWAT Team and Vendors.
- Serves as the primary point of contact for Vendors in the day to day management and decisions of assigned projects.
- Defines and manages project/product backlogs, deliverables, timelines, budgets, KPIs and reporting.
- Provides day to day leadership and orchestration in the execution of assigned digital projects.
- Serves as SWAT Team Lead for project management and tracking.
- Partners with Leadership and Vendors to refine and manage scope, deliverables, timing, budget, resources, risks and issues for digital transformation projects.
- Contributes to vendor selection, management and contracting for digital solutions.
- Facilitates alignment of internal and external project team members, ensuring resources are moving forward in common purpose and direction.
- Creates and manages the detailed roadmap for project delivery, based on prioritization, resourcing, budget, interdependencies and other key considerations.
- Partners with business and IT resource managers to staff the program and projects appropriately – including internal and external resources.
- Ensures project management and governance practices are effectively carried out.
- Actively manages, communicates and reports on the overall portfolio of digital projects (active & pipeline).
- Ensures team collaboration, motivation and achievement.
- Works with the Digital Director to drive alignment across various stakeholders for items related to the Digital Portfolio and business needs.
- Supports the identification and mitigations of risks across the digital portfolio.
- Supports the identification and management of interdependencies across the portfolio of projects.
- Creates and manages the budget for digital projects – tracking plan vs. actual vs. forecast.
- Analyzes variances and trends in costs, schedule, quality and risks by comparing actual and forecast to planned values in order to identify corrective actions or opportunities.
- Serves as escalation point for team members for internal and vendor related issues.
- Holds resources accountable for timelines, budgets, deliverables and outcomes.
- Leads team in the successful execution of projects.
- Bachelor’ s degree in such fields as Computer Science, Information Systems, Business Administration or other related field
- 7 years IT and business/industry work experience
- 7 years managing large complex projects through the full project life cycle.
- 5 years experience managing customer facing, digital solutions.
- 5 years matrixed management of resources
- 5 years experience with vendor selection, management, contracting
- 3 years Agile Delivery Skills experience
- Excellent, effective written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent attention to detail
- Excellent problem solving skills
- Professional demeanor, strong interpersonal skills and ability to work well with all levels throughout the organization
- Excellent time management, multi-tasking and prioritization skills
- Masters degree in such fields as Computer Science, Information Systems, Business Administration or other related field
- 10 years IT and business/industry work experience
- Certified Project Management Professional (PMP) / Scrum Master
- Prior Change Management experience
- Knowledge of Banking & Financial Services industry and platforms
- Experience managing business intelligence and CRM projects
Meet Your Recruiter
Managing Director, Digital & eCommerce Recruiting
Patti started working with The Connors Group in 2007. Her outgoing personality, energy, and positive attitude helped quickly develop a broad and loyal base of candidates and clients. Patti believes an ideal client relationship is a true “partner” with the shared goal of quickly and successfully recruiting the right talent... relationships that are built on trust, communication, and attention to all the right details. She believes that investing time to understand the big picture… the business and goals… are imperative when taking on a new search. Equally important to the “job order” is identifying the fit, and her goal is to add value and become that trusted, go-to resource companies seek to get their positions filled!
Candidates want to establish relationships with recruiters who understand the industry, skills, career goals, and personalities of the people they recruit. Listening to what is important to the individual- besides the skills match- to better align qualities with opportunities is the goal. Communication as well. Honest and open communication are paramount. As a recruiter working with both passive and active candidates; Patti strives to understand “who they are,” “what are their career goals,” “what do they think is their most valuable trait.” Listening, establishing rapport, and keeping the line of communication open… providing career guidance, suggestions, and honest feedback is what she believes differentiates our team from other recruiters!
Helping to build the digital practice for The Connors Group, even riding the waves of an up and down economy, and witnessing early stages of the digital, eCommerce era... is something Patti is tremendously proud of. To be part of successful and consistent growth… understanding the trends / translatable skills, cultivating relationships with early pioneers who were just starting out… and seeing their progression- it is very rewarding to be part of that change! Similarly, earlier in her technical sales career, witnessing the transition from Mainframe, Data Center technology… to Personal Computing, Microcomputing, and ultimately partnering with an innovative group to target small- to medium- sized businesses to offer affordable, powerful computer solutions- it was incredible to see that trend explode and have a part in it!
She would have to say… over the course of a 30-year career in technology, that Patti has found it satisfying to have contributed to both sides; from the evolution of computing and putting technology in the hands of the people… to now putting people with the right hands on the technology! Her goal is to continue to build a reputation as a Subject Matter Expert in the digital talent space, working with new companies and staying abreast of emergent technologies so that she may continue to service new and existing clients; and be positioned as a trustworthy and valuable partner. Outside of work, she loves to travel... mostly off the beaten path, has a knack for party hosting and loves to dance!