Digital Customer Experience Manager
155 Spring Street New York, NY 10012 | Direct Hire
The manager is responsible for leading the planning and execution of the digital customer experience, focusing on digital innovation; display, brand marketing, SMS, and omni-channel strategies to drive traffic, revenue and new customers with a strong focus on integrating new emerging technology and innovation. The candidate will aid in the management of agencies and third party vendors, budgets, execution and reporting of their designated digital channels.
With emphasis on Personalization strategies, to drive both online and instore experiences.
Help drive the appropriate digital technologies to support the long term strategy for Customer Experience.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
• Focus on driving digital first strategy; help to ideate, adopt, and integrate strategically aligned emerging technology throughout the company and becoming a champion of digital innovation throughout multiple touch points for our consumer.
• Drive an integrated omni-channel approach in creating marketing programs to drive upper funnel awareness
• Lead our growing display programs, optimizing programmatic display buys, identifying new segments, managing concurrent campaigns, managing creative asset delivery, timely launches, effective delivery, media buying and post-campaign reporting.
• Build out and maintain a full SMS strategy working with multiple departments to get buy-in; ultimately grow the database with customer information and provide a great experience for our consumers
• Manage a digital marketing budget and continuously improve effectiveness of those investments
• Strong cross-functional communicator able to build relationships with multiple departments within the company including digital marketing/ecommerce/social media/traditional marketing/PR/IT
• Manage multiple agencies and 3rd party resources to accelerate the Company’ s digital first strategy
• This position requires limited travel; 0-25%
• Bachelor’ s degree in Marketing, Advertising or related field
• 4-6 years of equivalent work experience
• A deep knowledge of display optimization with hands-on experience building out campaigns and a good understanding of customer funnels and attribution methods (multi-touch, first-touch, last-click, linear, data-driven, etc.)
• Deep experience within a B2C/Retail environment covering digital marketing programs preferred
• High-energy, highly motivated, self-starter and will be attracted by the opportunity to have significant and measurable impact on an organization and be part of a team that will significantly impact a business
• Tech-savvy and resourceful in a growing company
• Be highly accountable, possess a “ can-do” attitude and a strong results orientation
• Be comfortable in a collaborative environment; team player who is flexible and open to ideas coming from all areas and levels of the organization, but also confident and decisive.
Managing Director, Digital & eCommerce Recruiting
Patti started working with The Connors Group in 2007. Her outgoing personality, energy, and positive attitude helped quickly develop a broad and loyal base of candidates and clients. Patti believes an ideal client relationship is a true “partner” with the shared goal of quickly and successfully recruiting the right talent... relationships that are built on trust, communication, and attention to all the right details. She believes that investing time to understand the big picture… the business and goals… are imperative when taking on a new search. Equally important to the “job order” is identifying the fit, and her goal is to add value and become that trusted, go-to resource companies seek to get their positions filled!
Candidates want to establish relationships with recruiters who understand the industry, skills, career goals, and personalities of the people they recruit. Listening to what is important to the individual- besides the skills match- to better align qualities with opportunities is the goal. Communication as well. Honest and open communication are paramount. As a recruiter working with both passive and active candidates; Patti strives to understand “who they are,” “what are their career goals,” “what do they think is their most valuable trait.” Listening, establishing rapport, and keeping the line of communication open… providing career guidance, suggestions, and honest feedback is what she believes differentiates our team from other recruiters!
Helping to build the digital practice for The Connors Group, even riding the waves of an up and down economy, and witnessing early stages of the digital, eCommerce era... is something Patti is tremendously proud of. To be part of successful and consistent growth… understanding the trends / translatable skills, cultivating relationships with early pioneers who were just starting out… and seeing their progression- it is very rewarding to be part of that change! Similarly, earlier in her technical sales career, witnessing the transition from Mainframe, Data Center technology… to Personal Computing, Microcomputing, and ultimately partnering with an innovative group to target small- to medium- sized businesses to offer affordable, powerful computer solutions- it was incredible to see that trend explode and have a part in it!
She would have to say… over the course of a 30-year career in technology, that Patti has found it satisfying to have contributed to both sides; from the evolution of computing and putting technology in the hands of the people… to now putting people with the right hands on the technology! Her goal is to continue to build a reputation as a Subject Matter Expert in the digital talent space, working with new companies and staying abreast of emergent technologies so that she may continue to service new and existing clients; and be positioned as a trustworthy and valuable partner. Outside of work, she loves to travel... mostly off the beaten path, has a knack for party hosting and loves to dance!