Development/Engineering - Computing Engineer Jr
Union, NJ 07083 | Contract
Lotus Notes Administrator and Office 365 Engineer
The Collaboration Engineering team is looking for a Lotus Notes administrator with MS Office 365 experience. The Lotus Notes Administrator’ s role is to ensure the stable operation of e-mail and business critical systems running on Domino, and their corresponding hardware and software. This person will also analyze and resolve end-user messaging program and connectivity issues in a timely and accurate fashion. Also assist email migration from on premise Lotus Notes to Office 365.
• Resolve complex routing problems in a heterogeneous messaging environment.
• Messaging and user administration support of the Lotus Notes environment;
• Monitor/Troubleshoot all server tasks: Mail routing, Adminp, replication (Hub and Spoke), calendar & scheduling
• Account maintenance to include: Create/Modify/Delete/Certify Disable user accounts, PW resets and ID Vault management.
• Database Maintenance to include: running compact, fixup, updall, resolving ACL and replication issues, restores
• Group Maintenance to include: Create/Modify/Delete and resolve replication/save conflicts
• Move new or existing end-user accounts and administer permissions and access rights
• Install and configure the Lotus Notes Client
• Administer Lotus Notes access and support efforts for remote users.
• Identify and resolve problems affecting messaging systems performance, efficiency, and availability in a timely manner within SLA
• Provide 2nd, 3rd level and on call support
• Migrate on premise corporate and store emails to o365 without business disruption.
• Maintain and support the administration of corporate email and Exchange application’ s environment, which comprises Lotus Notes on premise and O365 services.
• Developing customer PowerShell scripts for automation, redundant task, reporting, monitoring, etc.
• Assist/Coordinate with messaging projects, software upgrades, architecture changes and implementation of new components within the environment.
• Troubleshoot Messaging issues, working in collaboration with other relevant IT areas and vendor support towards a quick and effective resolution.
• Maintains familiarity with general infrastructure, cloud platforms, and application hosting options with a detailed understanding of their service area within the Office Systems domain.
• Understands information systems requirements and incorporates these requirements into Office 365 and related Office solutions
• Supports tests on new technologies that have potential impact of Office 365 and potential for use in Office Systems environment.
• Works directly with users, developers, other Engineers, and vendors in the design and configuration of Office 365 and associated Office Systems
Required Skills and Experience
• Bachelor of Science in Computer Science or related field.
• 2-4 Years Lotus notes Administration, version 8.5/9.01
• 3+ years’ experience as an Exchange/O365 Engineer and/or Administrator in a corporate environment with emphasis on high-availability and uninterrupted 24/7 messaging services.
• Strong Lotus Notes Client and database administration knowledge in an enterprise environment.
• Technical and architectural knowledge of the following technologies:
o Exchange (Online/2016/2013/2010)
o Email migrations
o Skype for Business Online and Teams
o SharePoint Online
o OneDrive for Business
o Good understanding of Office 365 licensing plans and features
o Windows Server Active Directory (GPO, Forest, Design, Scripting, ACL)
o Active Directory Federation Services or other federation services
o Azure Active Directory Connect or MIM Sync Services
• Strong technical abilities with thorough understanding of system-level issues associated with messaging and office systems
• Excellent at PowerShell scripting for administration, automation of processes, and issue resolution.
• Demonstrated expertise of Active Directory & GPOs
• Experienced with Email Archiving / E-discovery solutions, such as CommVault, or Enterprise Vault
• Familiar with diagnosing issues related to Networking components (e.g., firewalls, load balancers, web browsers, TCP/IP, SSL, HTTP, LDAP, etc.).
• Effective analytical, planning, organizational, problem determination and resolution process skills.
• Knowledge of peripheral systems and protocols, such as Email Gateways, ADFS, AZURE AD, Email Archiving solutions.
• Attention to detail and commitment to high quality deliverables and the ability to learn quickly.
• Excellent oral and written communication with customer service skills.
• Able to adapt and prioritize tasks/projects in order to meet deadlines in a fast paced environment.
• Must be highly motivated and able to research and learn new technologies.
• Always eager to find ways to improve current processes.
• Excellent problem solving, analytical, and troubleshooting skills.
Ken Peters co-founded The Connors Group in June, 2001 and has been responsible for building the foundation of this premier IT staffing organization that serves clients in the areas of executive search, staff placements and consulting services. Ken has over 23 years experience in information technology and IT recruiting.
Ken’s IT background gives him a unique prospective to what an employer is looking for in an IT professional, as well as what’s important to a prospective candidate.
Handling the operations side of The Connors Group, Ken is always looking to leverage technology to create a world class infrastructure. Implementing this technology gives Connors a competitive edge, and adds tremendous value to our clients, and candidates.