Development/Engineering - Computing Engineer
Union, NJ 07083 | Contract
Engineer will be responsible with planning, designing, installing, configuring, maintaining, supporting, and optimizing all O365 hardware/software, o365 tenant administration and email migration from on premise Lotus Notes to O365. The resource will work in a team environment where teamwork and cross team collaboration with effective communications and accountability is of the highest importance.
• Resolve complex routing problems in a heterogeneous messaging environment.
• Migrate on premise corporate and store emails to o365 without business disruption.
• Maintain and support the administration of corporate email and Exchange application’ s environment, which comprises Lotus Notes on premise and O365 services.
• Developing customer PowerShell scripts for automation, redundant task, reporting, monitoring, etc.
• Assist/Coordinate with messaging projects, software upgrades, architecture changes and implementation of new components within the environment.
• Troubleshoot Messaging issues, working in collaboration with other relevant IT areas and vendor support towards a quick and effective resolution.
• Create and maintain daily/weekly/monthly operational checklists and operational reports.
• Resolve Tier-2 and Tier-3 tickets related to messaging and collaboration systems.
• Maintain the development, test and production environments.
• Create and maintain technical documentation as well as assist with training and related materials as needed.
• Builds an understanding of current technical Office System architecture and all aspects of the architecture life cycle.
• Maintains familiarity with general infrastructure, cloud platforms, and application hosting options with a detailed understanding of their service area within the Office Systems domain.
• Understands information systems requirements and incorporates these requirements into Office 365 and related Office solutions
• Supports tests on new technologies that have potential impact of Office 365 and potential for use in Office Systems environment.
• Develop and document processes and procedures for Office 365 and associated Office Systems
• Works directly with users, developers, other Engineers, and vendors in the design and configuration of Office 365 and associated Office Systems
• Guides and mentors less experienced staff.
• Assist with the Office 365 and associated Office Systems roadmap.
Required Skills and Experience
• Bachelor of Science in Computer Science or related field.
• Deep technical and architectural knowledge of the following technologies:
o Exchange (Online/2016/2013/2010)
o Email migrations
o Skype for Business Online and Teams
o SharePoint Online
o OneDrive for Business
o Good understanding of Office 365 licensing plans and features
o Windows Server Active Directory (GPO, Forest, Design, Scripting, ACL)
o Active Directory Federation Services or other federation services
o Azure Active Directory Connect or MIM Sync Services
• A minimum of 10 years’ experience in Information Technology, with 5+ year experience with Office 365,, with experience in migrations from on premise to the Cloud.
• Strong technical abilities with thorough understanding of system-level issues associated with messaging and office systems
• Knowledge of how to setup SSO
• 5-8+ years’ experience as an Exchange/O365 Engineer and/or Administrator in a corporate environment with emphasis on high-availability and uninterrupted 24/7 messaging services.
• Excellent at PowerShell scripting for administration, automation of processes, and issue resolution.
• Demonstrated expertise of Active Directory & GPOs
• Experienced with perimeter SMTP appliances such as Cisco IronPort SMTP routing appliances.
• Experienced with Email Archiving / E-discovery solutions, such as CommVault, or Enterprise Vault
• Understanding of Electronic Records Management and document lifecycle.
• Familiar with diagnosing issues related to Networking components (e.g., firewalls, load balancers, web browsers, TCP/IP, SSL, HTTP, LDAP, etc.).
• Must be able to provide after-hours support on an as-needed and/or rotating basis.
• Familiarity with SOX regulations and best practices implementing Internal controls to comply with Regulations.
• Effective analytical, planning, organizational, problem determination and resolution process skills.
• Knowledge of peripheral systems and protocols, such as Email Gateways, ADFS, AZURE AD, Email Archiving solutions.
• Attention to detail and commitment to high quality deliverables and the ability to learn quickly.
• Excellent oral and written communication with customer service skills.
• Able to adapt and prioritize tasks/projects in order to meet deadlines in a fast paced environment.
• Must be highly motivated and able to research and learn new technologies.
• Always eager to find ways to improve current processes.
• Excellent problem solving, analytical, and troubleshooting skills.
Recruiting Director, Cyber Security, Mobile & Infrastructure
Caroline joined the Connors Group in 2004 and is focused on recruiting for Cyber Security, Mobile & Infrastructure job opportunities. A confident communicator who is strongly motivated to succeed, Caroline relates warmly with others; easily establishing relationships with everyone she interacts with.
She believes that clients value consistency in delivering a certain caliber of talent and results in filling their critical vacancies. Paying close attention to their needs and delivering solutions that match their talent expectations is how she embodies quality service for the businesses that she works with! Candidates value relationships committed to truth, understanding of their needs, knowledge of the hiring landscape, and results. She delivers that by motivating the potential in others; connecting proficiency with possibilities!
Caroline is proud that - with her help… many of her candidates land their dream job and the companies she worked with land their dream candidate! She loves her job because of the positive influence imparted onto others. The impact of a recruiter is twofold: first, you can literally change the life of an individual by placing them in their dream job, and second, you can effectively change the direction and the success of a corporation with a single great hire in a key job (i.e. recruiting a young Derek Jeter to your baseball team.)
Continue to relate easily to others, communicate with candor, and find and place “top notch” candidates; are all long-term career goals. In addition, Caroline aims to be positioned in the market as a recruiter specialized in infrastructure and security placements. Caroline is bilingual in English and Spanish. She loves running, Pilates, nutrition, The New York Yankees and spending time with her family outside of the office.