Union, NJ 07083
Deployment Technician position will be part of a team that provides technical support for both pre and post-delivery of new devices during an enterprise-wide reset. Tasks will include device staging, installation, delivery and setup of systems, in addition to diagnostics of basic hardware and software problems encountered by the end-users within our Union NJ corporate office.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
• Work as part of a team responsible for staging devices for distribution; tasks include equipment set up on bench, imaging process, inventory management, and customizing devices based on user requirements
• Provide level 2 desk-side support for all end-user issues related to the deployment project
• Partake in classroom-based training sessions as a technical resource to help ensure successful delivery of new devices and corresponding user profile configurations
• Document support processes and troubleshooting procedures for hardware and software issues
• Thorough understanding of the escalation process; initiate escalations for all unresolved issues when necessary
• Collect old equipment from end-users, track for inventory and store items in an organized fashion
• Ability to prioritize assigned tasks and support issues
• Shift may vary depending on need to accommodate the deployments.
QUALIFYING EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
• Bachelor’ s degree and 2-4 years’ experience in a desk-side or engineering support role
• Extensive experience with Windows 7/10 and Office365
• Strong experience with supporting Surface/Laptop devices in a corporate environment
• Strong understanding of firewall, networking concepts and Active Directory
• Experience with Device Management software (SCCM/BCM), Jabber and VPN/Citrix client
• Experience with ticketing systems such as Remedy and Service Now
• Working knowledge of Lotus Notes, Outlook and Jabber softphone software
• Strong customer service skills are an absolute must
• Strong oral and written communication skills a must
• Works well in a team environment, also has ability to work independently
• Able to adapt and to be assertive in a fast paced, constantly changing environment
• Detail oriented, focused and organized
Ken Peters co-founded The Connors Group in June, 2001 and has been responsible for building the foundation of this premier IT staffing organization that serves clients in the areas of executive search, staff placements and consulting services. Ken has over 23 years experience in information technology and IT recruiting.
Ken’s IT background gives him a unique prospective to what an employer is looking for in an IT professional, as well as what’s important to a prospective candidate.
Handling the operations side of The Connors Group, Ken is always looking to leverage technology to create a world class infrastructure. Implementing this technology gives Connors a competitive edge, and adds tremendous value to our clients, and candidates.