One Park Ave New York, NY 10016
The Demand Manager is the integration point into the sales organization. This position leads the dialogue each month for their respective customers and products with key counterparts in Sales, Marketing, and Finance.
He/She will ensure all appropriate materials, supplies and finished goods are replenished on time with the least amount of cost and on-hand inventory while maintaining high service levels and inventory accuracy.
Last but not least the Demand Manager, is responsible for Demand master data accuracy.
- Catalogue Management – Making sure that Item attribute are correct - (First Ship date, Life Style, Life Cycle, ABCD, Status, SS-RPS040, Pre-pack)
- Monitoring the accuracy of the product demand master data
- Integrate Marketing promotional calendar in DMP
- Provide Sales Analysis
- Sales history cleaning
- Launch analysis
- Completion of Forecast form (Order form) – Demand side
- Review of strategy of usage per Sku per budget owner (Marketing, Ecom…)
- Sku opening in M3
- Sku transfer in DMP
- Forecast entered in DMP
- Monthly Marketing / Sales meeting:
- Top 20% ref with SFA – Sales trend – possible statistical model change
- Budget vs Sales vs Forecast $ Value Actual + Year to go
- Mid-month forecast achievement on top 10 ref – possible next month re-alignment
- Review of next three months of Promo calendar
- Lead Demand Review Process / Provide analysis for S&OP Meeting
- Statistical model review on all Basic sealable ref on a quarterly basis
- Statistical review on Basic ref A and B on a monthly basis.
- KPI production and analysis SFA / BIAS
- Updating Dashboard reports – SFA / BIAS, Stock Coverage, Net Sales Ratio
- Monitor inventory level & support Inventory Manager:
- Discontinuation – EOL
- PIPO (Phase In / Phase Out)
- Slow Mover (Action based Inventory identification)
- Completion of Forecast form (Order form and WCT) – Supply side
- Manual calculation of net needs (Excel) enter all DOP in the unique screen
- Recap of all DOP created
- Manage, delegate, and lead the Demand Planner.
- Conduct the review / performance management process and define annual goals
- Ensure team has the appropriate tools
- Making sure that the SOPs are understood and followed
- Participate in improvement initiatives and assist with projects and team activities in the Supply Chain department.
- Identify, collaborate, and work toward improving inefficiencies in the supply chain in tandem with business unit members and Logistics / Supply Chain colleagues.
- Produce SOP when necessary and roll them out to the organization after validation with upper Management
· Bachelor’ s degree in Business Management, Marketing, or Supply Chain Management
Background including total years of experience.
· A minimum of 5 years demand planning or related experience
· Experience using the Microsoft Office suite (Excel, PowerPoint, Word, Visio, etc.)
· Advanced Levels in Microsoft Excel (PivotTables, program formulas, data analysis tool pack, etc.)
· ERP exposure / Demand planning integrated tools (DMP, M3, SCM….)
Soft and Leadership Skills:
· Excellent soft skills: demonstrating sympathy to technical issues and system challenges.
· Facilitate the Demand Review Process – gathering different team and levels around a demand consensus.
· Solid collaboration and teamwork with all levels of the organization are critical.
· Strong executive presence
· Business acumen - keenness and quickness in understanding and dealing with a " business situation"