Data & Technology Architect - Digital Team
250 Oak Ridge Road Oak Ridge, NJ 07438
Please note, WE ARE NOT ABLE TO SPONSOR CANDIDATES
The Data & Technology Architect will work as part of the Digital SWAT team and is accountable for defining and implementing the overall solutions and data architecture for the The Company’ s digital transformation. Design the data architecture and governance to facilitate the flow of data across the enterprise.
- Define and communicate the overall solutions/data architecture strategy, standards, processes and governance for digital transformation projects.
- Lead/guide internal resources and vendors, working on digital transformation projects, in the successful execution of solution/data architecture, strategies, standards and processes.
- Act as core team member on all digital transformation projects, especially in matters relative to solutions/data architecture and tasks.
- Act as a Project Lead/Delivery Lead on data governance and management projects.
- Act as a Champion for data management and governance across the organization and ensure the overall success of digital transformation projects.
- Partner with vendors to design and develop the The Company’ s overall digital architecture and ecosystem; and in the design, development and implementation of digital projects.
- Bring and leverage prior knowledge and experience building Enterprise Data Platforms including data lakes, data warehouses, data hubs, and data marts.
- Support the design of extensive and scalable data architecture, driven by business to facilitate the flow of data across the enterprise. Develop architecture frameworks to improve the quality of the data, defining standards that will allow integration of a mix of data to achieve business objectives.
- Define and articulate the data requirements for creating a Single View of the Customer to drive customer insights.
- Educate the greater enterprise on the importance of data quality, and foster a data-oriented culture throughout the business.
- Support the documentation and design of data flows from system to system, identifying data translations along the way.
- Develop conceptual arrangement of all business’ data into subject areas, the relationships among that data, and the logical grouping of the processes that use that data from a business perspective (defining and categorizing Critical Data Elements).
- Create architecture that supports and advocates self-serve business intelligence environments.
- Leverage experience with defining cloud-based data architectures to explore a tailored cloud solution.
- Drive the mapping, modelling, and migrating process of data for system implementation.
- Perform any other related duties as required or assigned.
- Undergraduate degree or higher in a technical or scientific field, such as Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics, or similar.
- 7+ years professional experience as a solutions/data architect, data engineer, or related role developing conceptual, logical, and preliminary physical models for an enterprise (e.g., Enterprise Data Architecture); working with structured and unstructured data sources.
- Proficient in Agile delivery models.
- Experience with programming languages like Python, SQL, SAS or R.
- Experience working in / leading project teams.
- Experience in cross-organizational collaboration and integration.
- Exceptional analytical and conceptual thinking skills.
- Advanced proficiency in Microsoft applications including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook.
- Excellent planning, organizational, and time management skills.
- Excellent Interpersonal skills and relationship management.
- Superior attention to detail.
- Strong Business Acumen.
- Strong leadership skills along with the ability to develop and execute on strategy.
- Advanced proficiency in QA methodologies and user acceptance best practices.
- Ability to interpret business needs and translate into solutions.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, professional demeanor and ability to interact comfortably with all levels of staff, vendors and third parties.
- Must be bondable.
- PMP and/or Scrum Master Certification.
- Experience leading project teams.
- Have exposure to key elements of retail and commercial The Companying.
- Experience with The Companying and/or finance environments preferred.
Meet Your Recruiter
Managing Director, Digital & eCommerce Recruiting
Patti started working with The Connors Group in 2007. Her outgoing personality, energy, and positive attitude helped quickly develop a broad and loyal base of candidates and clients. Patti believes an ideal client relationship is a true “partner” with the shared goal of quickly and successfully recruiting the right talent... relationships that are built on trust, communication, and attention to all the right details. She believes that investing time to understand the big picture… the business and goals… are imperative when taking on a new search. Equally important to the “job order” is identifying the fit, and her goal is to add value and become that trusted, go-to resource companies seek to get their positions filled!
Candidates want to establish relationships with recruiters who understand the industry, skills, career goals, and personalities of the people they recruit. Listening to what is important to the individual- besides the skills match- to better align qualities with opportunities is the goal. Communication as well. Honest and open communication are paramount. As a recruiter working with both passive and active candidates; Patti strives to understand “who they are,” “what are their career goals,” “what do they think is their most valuable trait.” Listening, establishing rapport, and keeping the line of communication open… providing career guidance, suggestions, and honest feedback is what she believes differentiates our team from other recruiters!
Helping to build the digital practice for The Connors Group, even riding the waves of an up and down economy, and witnessing early stages of the digital, eCommerce era... is something Patti is tremendously proud of. To be part of successful and consistent growth… understanding the trends / translatable skills, cultivating relationships with early pioneers who were just starting out… and seeing their progression- it is very rewarding to be part of that change! Similarly, earlier in her technical sales career, witnessing the transition from Mainframe, Data Center technology… to Personal Computing, Microcomputing, and ultimately partnering with an innovative group to target small- to medium- sized businesses to offer affordable, powerful computer solutions- it was incredible to see that trend explode and have a part in it!
She would have to say… over the course of a 30-year career in technology, that Patti has found it satisfying to have contributed to both sides; from the evolution of computing and putting technology in the hands of the people… to now putting people with the right hands on the technology! Her goal is to continue to build a reputation as a Subject Matter Expert in the digital talent space, working with new companies and staying abreast of emergent technologies so that she may continue to service new and existing clients; and be positioned as a trustworthy and valuable partner. Outside of work, she loves to travel... mostly off the beaten path, has a knack for party hosting and loves to dance!