Cyber Security Engineer
Ambest Rd Oldwick, NJ 08858
The Cyber Security Engineer is a hands-on role that requires a high level of technical expertise. Responsible for the security architecture, solution integration and on-going administration of information security systems, tools, and services across the enterprise.
- Support the overall vision and strategy of the Information Security department.
- Research, evaluate, design, test, recommend and implement of new or updated information security solutions.
- Provide technical expertise for the administration of all security tools.
- Consult with IT staff to ensure that security is factored into the evaluation, selection, installation and configuration of hardware, software, and business applications.
- Monitor and report on emerging risk and compliance with organizational security policies, including the enforcement of policies within the IT department.
- Recommend and coordinate the implementation of technical controls to support and enforce defined security policies.
- Enhance Data Protection and enterprise Data Loss Prevention technologies and procedures for on-premise and Cloud Services.
- Enhance controls to secure, manage and monitor Privileged Access.
- Work closely with a " 24x7" external cyber threat monitoring service. Maintain and support its on-premise detection technology and SIEM.
- Respond to, investigate, and where appropriate, resolve or escalate reported security incidents. Provide postmortem analysis to illuminate the issues and possible solutions.
- Administer the multi-factor authentication (MFA) and single sign-on (SSO) solutions and continue their integration across various business systems, including SaaS-based platforms.
- Support the Vulnerability Management Program by maintaining its infrastructure and conduct recurring scans of all systems and applications.
- Provide guidance to System Administrators and Application teams to remediate identified vulnerabilities.
- Provide technical guidance, training and documentation covering the usage and impact of security technology.
- Provide configuration management guidance to IT staff and ensure systems are hardened to prevent unauthorized access or misuse.
- Monitor internal control systems to ensure that appropriate information access levels and security clearances are maintained.
- Support third party audits and penetration tests.
- Prepare technical reports for IT senior management.
- Participate in IT problem and change management forums.
- Monitor security vulnerabilities and the threat landscape.
- Stay current on technology trends.
- Bachelor Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Cyber Security or equivalent related technical field.
- At least 5 years’ experience as a Cyber Security Engineer, or comparable role.
- Certifications in one or more areas or willingness to obtain: CISSP, a GIAC certification (GSEC, GCIH, or other), CEH, ECSA, CompTIA Security+, or comparable.
- Experience with NIST Cybersecurity Framework, NIST 800-53, ISO 27001/27002, CIS CSC Top 20. OWASP, Top 10 and CWE/SANS Top 25.
- Experience supporting regulatory compliance audits.
Skills • Network and cloud security architecture development and definition.
• Demonstrated experience within multiple security disciplines including Network Security, Privileged Access Management, Cloud Security/CASB, Endpoint Protection, Data Loss Prevention, Identify and Access Management, Incident Management and Vulnerability Management.
• Management of firewalls, web application firewalls (WAF), intrusion detection systems, and other network security devices a plus.
• Strong experience in securing Windows and Office 365 environments.
• Administration of SIEM (Security Information and Event Management) platforms, log collection, and tuning.
• Incident Management and Response Planning.
• Experience working with managed security service providers.
• Secure coding practices, ethical hacking and threat modeling.
• Familiarity with third-party audits and cloud risk assessment methodologies.
• Ability to work well under minimal supervision.
• Strong oral, written and interpersonal communication skills. Ability to effectively convey complex information.
• Strong business process knowledge and application of technology solutions.
• Strongly self-motivated and team oriented.
• Comfortable working with a variety of technologies supporting large scale deployments, troubleshooting solutions issues and proficient in monitoring and investigating security events.
• Strong customer/client focus, with the ability to manage expectations appropriately.
Meet Your Recruiter
Recruiting Director, Information Technology
Pattie joined the Connors Group team in 2017. Knowing how it’s important to always try and make the right impression with each interaction; Pattie personally feels that clients look for a Recruiter who demonstrates honesty, integrity, as well as trust. When proactively developing a strategic partnership, clients want to know that they can depend on you to deliver the most qualified candidates for their current openings. As a recruiter, she embodies that value in demonstrating passion in her work; evident as they encounter the level of excitement in describing past achievements or enthusiasm in approach to find the most qualified talent for their team!
Pattie strongly feels that candidates prefer that their career is centered around their quality of life. The chance to express preferences for a new job while feeling secure helps encourage them to do what they do best. Quality candidates like to be presented with long-term opportunities where they can see how their skills align with each company. Alternately, people who just feel comfortable tend to base any opportunity on what they currently need in order to make ends meet. Pattie embodies these values by matching the candidate to a position that provides an opportunity to learn, progress, and contribute to the company. Team work is always very key when it comes to empowering an individual to hone their expertise; allowing them the chance to grow within any organization.
Summoning the courage and strength to start her own business while also starting a family is something Pattie is very proud of. Obtaining that perfect balance is always a key challenge, but you need to totally embrace it in order to overcome it. A Director at her former company referred to her as “fearless” …and while she never thought of herself like that, hearing the complement did make her very proud! Her goal is to continue to have a stimulating career; providing open, supportive collaboration to inspire opportunity in the market. She would like to be positioned as someone who is focused on fostering strength in others! Outside of the office, Pattie loves skiing with her family… typically taking a trip out west every year. Going bike riding and taking family vacations are great. She loves summers at a Long Island beach home, going fishing with her boys and spending time at the pool and at the beach!