Chief Accounting Officer
Uncasville, CT 06382
This position is responsible for the oversight and management of the Corporate Accounting and External Financial Reporting departments. Reports directly to CFO and interfaces directly with senior management team members, Management Board, and advisors.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities: includes but not limited to:
- Oversees and directs a comprehensive system of financial statement reporting and analysis for Client and its subsidiaries and affiliates globally
- Sets accounting policies worldwide and publishes accounting manual on an annual basis
- Oversees the corporate accounting department and interfaces with property controllers worldwide for owned and managed properties
- Optimizes core processes and systems throughout the accounting organization to drive efficiencies and conform with professional accounting standards and best practices in accordance with US GAAP and IFRS
- Chairs Accounting Steering Committee to lead implementation of new accounting pronouncements as required
- Chairs the Disclosure Committee meetings and reports back to the Audit Committee as to the effectiveness of internal controls over financial reporting on a quarterly basis
- Creates, evolves, and enforces internal controls over financial reporting
- Ensures compliance with laws, regulations, industry changes, and accounting practices
- Develops and maintains relationships that effectively represent the company’ s interests with external auditors, regulators and standard setting authorities
- Develops, motivates, and retains top talent by effectively applying performance management and talent development processes for team members
- Continually assesses and drives improvement in the operating effectiveness and efficiency of accounting and reporting operations, including organization structure and operating processes
- Manages and directs all external financial reporting, including all aspects of the Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) reporting requirements
Secondary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Works with Corporate Governance to ensure that our internal controls over financial reporting are working effectively
- Performs other duties as assigned
Minimum Education and Qualifications:
- Bachelors’ Degree in Finance or Accounting, CPA, CMA or international equivalent, or MBA preferred
- At least 15 years of experience in accounting and finance positions of increasing scope and responsibility in diverse, complex and global environments,, including at least 10 years of senior leadership experience; hospitality, gaming and entertainment, or Fortune 500 preferred
- Recent, solid experience overseeing SEC filings
- Successful experience implementing an ERP solution for a global organization
Meet Your Recruiter
Ken Peters co-founded The Connors Group in June, 2001 and has been responsible for building the foundation of this premier IT staffing organization that serves clients in the areas of executive search, staff placements and consulting services. Ken has over 23 years experience in information technology and IT recruiting.
Ken’s IT background gives him a unique prospective to what an employer is looking for in an IT professional, as well as what’s important to a prospective candidate.
Handling the operations side of The Connors Group, Ken is always looking to leverage technology to create a world class infrastructure. Implementing this technology gives Connors a competitive edge, and adds tremendous value to our clients, and candidates.