new york, NY 10065
New York based client, a startup in the Real Estate industry, is seeking a CFO to report directly to the CEO.
The position will be based primarily in New York, with quarterly travel to affiliates of the company in Orlando, Florida. The Company is comprised of two primary entities, Real Estate, and Group Management, an operating company which manages and markets the properties.
The position will entail responsibilities related to both entities.
Job Responsibilities will include:
• Daily cash management and reporting
• Maintaining books and records related both companies
• Liaising with lenders to ensure timely mortgage payments,
• Reporting and reviewing ongoing covenant compliance.
• Assisting in the creation of annual budgets and reviewing performance variances
• Produce timely and accurate internal financial statements and investment performance reports
• Calculating multi-layered investment waterfalls for limited partners
• Creating financial reports for GP and LP partners in the Real Estate portfolio
• Creating monthly investment reports for shareholders in the management company
• Refine and maintain effective controls through standardized processes and procedures
• Reviewing and auditing monthly property level management and expense reports
• Reviewing and auditing the books and records of portfolio companies within the Management company
• Assist with special projects as needed Qualifications:
• Minimum of 7-years experience in a real estate focused investment platform
• Strong credentials including a CPA
• Experience in the hospitality industry a strong preference
• Experience with investment and partnership accounting protocol, activity and review
• Experience with accounting IT systems, processes and databases
• Highly proficient in Microsoft Excel
• Highly motivated, independent and entrepreneurial
• Ability to work autonomously and be proactive
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Managing Director, Digital & eCommerce Recruiting
Patti started working with The Connors Group in 2007. Her outgoing personality, energy, and positive attitude helped quickly develop a broad and loyal base of candidates and clients. Patti believes an ideal client relationship is a true “partner” with the shared goal of quickly and successfully recruiting the right talent... relationships that are built on trust, communication, and attention to all the right details. She believes that investing time to understand the big picture… the business and goals… are imperative when taking on a new search. Equally important to the “job order” is identifying the fit, and her goal is to add value and become that trusted, go-to resource companies seek to get their positions filled!
Candidates want to establish relationships with recruiters who understand the industry, skills, career goals, and personalities of the people they recruit. Listening to what is important to the individual- besides the skills match- to better align qualities with opportunities is the goal. Communication as well. Honest and open communication are paramount. As a recruiter working with both passive and active candidates; Patti strives to understand “who they are,” “what are their career goals,” “what do they think is their most valuable trait.” Listening, establishing rapport, and keeping the line of communication open… providing career guidance, suggestions, and honest feedback is what she believes differentiates our team from other recruiters!
Helping to build the digital practice for The Connors Group, even riding the waves of an up and down economy, and witnessing early stages of the digital, eCommerce era... is something Patti is tremendously proud of. To be part of successful and consistent growth… understanding the trends / translatable skills, cultivating relationships with early pioneers who were just starting out… and seeing their progression- it is very rewarding to be part of that change! Similarly, earlier in her technical sales career, witnessing the transition from Mainframe, Data Center technology… to Personal Computing, Microcomputing, and ultimately partnering with an innovative group to target small- to medium- sized businesses to offer affordable, powerful computer solutions- it was incredible to see that trend explode and have a part in it!
She would have to say… over the course of a 30-year career in technology, that Patti has found it satisfying to have contributed to both sides; from the evolution of computing and putting technology in the hands of the people… to now putting people with the right hands on the technology! Her goal is to continue to build a reputation as a Subject Matter Expert in the digital talent space, working with new companies and staying abreast of emergent technologies so that she may continue to service new and existing clients; and be positioned as a trustworthy and valuable partner. Outside of work, she loves to travel... mostly off the beaten path, has a knack for party hosting and loves to dance!