East Hills, NY 11548
The Chief Financial Officer reports directly to the CEO and is responsible for directing the fiscal functions of The Company' s business operations and establishing a culture of financial accountability. The Company is an entrepreneurial, privately owned.
In this role you' ll be accountable for the administrative, financial, and risk management operations of the company, including the development of a financial and operational strategy, metrics tied to that strategy, and the ongoing development and monitoring of control systems designed to preserve company assets and report accurate financial results. You' ll be a member of The Company' s Leadership Team and work closely with the other Executive Team members on enhancing processes and practices and driving The Company' s strategy and culture.
The CFO is responsible for the direct supervision of the controller and oversight of all employees in the accounting and finance department (including Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable, Accounting, Payroll, Purchasing & Inventory Management, and Merchant Services).
• Develop credibility for the finance group by providing timely and accurate analysis of budgets, financial reports, and financial trends in order to assist the CEO and Leadership Team members in advancing the strategic and operational initiatives that meet or exceed financial objectives
• Provide vision and execution of business process improvements and system enhancements for greater control, operating efficiencies, and best practices across the organization.
• Optimize the handling of bank and deposit relationships and initiate appropriate strategies to enhance cash position
• Develop a reliable cash flow projection process and reporting mechanism that includes minimum cash threshold to meet operating needs
• Serve as an advisor and approver on any contracts into which the corporation may enter, partner closely with the Chief Customer Officer on client / partner contract negotiation, and serve as the internal lead on any Company litigation
• Negotiate with vendors, third-parties, and other partners to ensure a mutually beneficial and cost-effective business relationship with all those with whom we do business
• Provide strategic financial input and leadership on decision making issues affecting the organization; i.e., evaluation of potential partnerships and/or acquisitions
• Evaluate the finance division structure and team plan for continual improvement of the efficiency and effectiveness of the group as well as provide individuals with professional and personal growth with emphasis on opportunities (where possible) of individuals
• Serve as the Executive Sponsor of the selection and implementation of a new financial system implementation to drive improved business processes and automation of current manual work
• Other duties as assigned
Skills, Knowledge, Abilities:
• Deep care for the Company' s financial health, spending each dollar conservatively, like it was his/her own money and instilling that mentality company-wide
• Business acumen; ability to understand our clients, our products, and our industry to help drive financial and strategic direction
• Metrics-oriented, allowing data to drive smart business decisions
• Innate curiosity and insatiable hunger for learning
• Hands-on leadership; willingness to get hands dirty
• Root-cause mentality, always looking to understand the why and driving that mentality across the Finance team
• A mind toward automation and elimination of manual processes through the use of technology
• A tough, but respectful, negotiator who is always on the search for the most cost effective / profitable relationship with those with whom we do business
• Precision and discipline around adherence to process and standard operating procedures
• Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment
• Strong leadership skills; ability to lead and inspire a team of financial professionals of varying tenures and experience levels
• A full business owner; the ability to step outside of the Finance role and help run the overall business operations of The Company
• Bachelor' s degree (BS) from four-year accredited college or university or equivalent combination of education and experience
• Certified Public Accountant (CPA) strongly preferred
• 15+ years in a financial leadership role with progressive responsibility
• Experience working in an entrepreneurial, privately-owned organization a plus
• Strong knowledge of GAAP
• Knowledge of sales tax requirements for various states
• Knowledge of what is required to do business internationally
• Strong MS Excel skills
Managing Director, Digital & eCommerce Recruiting
Patti started working with The Connors Group in 2007. Her outgoing personality, energy, and positive attitude helped quickly develop a broad and loyal base of candidates and clients. Patti believes an ideal client relationship is a true “partner” with the shared goal of quickly and successfully recruiting the right talent... relationships that are built on trust, communication, and attention to all the right details. She believes that investing time to understand the big picture… the business and goals… are imperative when taking on a new search. Equally important to the “job order” is identifying the fit, and her goal is to add value and become that trusted, go-to resource companies seek to get their positions filled!
Candidates want to establish relationships with recruiters who understand the industry, skills, career goals, and personalities of the people they recruit. Listening to what is important to the individual- besides the skills match- to better align qualities with opportunities is the goal. Communication as well. Honest and open communication are paramount. As a recruiter working with both passive and active candidates; Patti strives to understand “who they are,” “what are their career goals,” “what do they think is their most valuable trait.” Listening, establishing rapport, and keeping the line of communication open… providing career guidance, suggestions, and honest feedback is what she believes differentiates our team from other recruiters!
Helping to build the digital practice for The Connors Group, even riding the waves of an up and down economy, and witnessing early stages of the digital, eCommerce era... is something Patti is tremendously proud of. To be part of successful and consistent growth… understanding the trends / translatable skills, cultivating relationships with early pioneers who were just starting out… and seeing their progression- it is very rewarding to be part of that change! Similarly, earlier in her technical sales career, witnessing the transition from Mainframe, Data Center technology… to Personal Computing, Microcomputing, and ultimately partnering with an innovative group to target small- to medium- sized businesses to offer affordable, powerful computer solutions- it was incredible to see that trend explode and have a part in it!
She would have to say… over the course of a 30-year career in technology, that Patti has found it satisfying to have contributed to both sides; from the evolution of computing and putting technology in the hands of the people… to now putting people with the right hands on the technology! Her goal is to continue to build a reputation as a Subject Matter Expert in the digital talent space, working with new companies and staying abreast of emergent technologies so that she may continue to service new and existing clients; and be positioned as a trustworthy and valuable partner. Outside of work, she loves to travel... mostly off the beaten path, has a knack for party hosting and loves to dance!