Business Systems Analyst- Retail (2)
250 Coromar Drive Goleta, CA 93117
Job Duties, Responsibilities and Requirements
• Designs and delivers system solutions (including coding) to support both new initiatives and continuous improvement efforts within the global retail space while ensuring they support overall company goals and IT strategies.
• Actively participates in projects, workshops and working parties, or carries out any other duties that may be outside the standard remit, that will benefit the individual, the Division or the Company as a whole.
• Drives the Delivery of projects, enhancements, and new systems by working with cross-functional product teams, business units, and other IT teams to define requirements, develop technical solutions, build test scripts/scenarios, training and develop any necessary technical supporting documentation.
• Acts as the Retail Technology expert in partnership with other IT teams and internal departments to deliver technology solutions that meet the system and process needs of the region and Global organization.
• Provides ongoing support of the retail systems including operations, use, optimization, and modifications.
• Understands and documents global, regional, and local business processes for a specific business area (e.g. Planning/Merchandising, Store Operations, etc).
• Identifies, designs, develops, modifies/configures, tests, and evaluates business processes and underlying systems for assigned functional areas including maintaining and expanding existing applications.
• Establishes self as a trusted advisor and thought leader to the business teams.
• Collaborate with business partners to identify new opportunities, gaps and additional needed functionality within existing and new technologies to increase revenue, maximize efficiency or decrease expenses.
• Gather requirements and develop systems designs resulting in the creation, definition (charter, scope and change controls) and delivery of new system capabilities, logical program designs, code modules and stable application systems (people/process/technology).
• Work with relevant business partners to develop and execute unit, integration and system level tests and create any necessary supporting documentation to ensure end work product is of high quality and transition to productive use is smooth.
• Works with users to develop any necessary user testing documentation and/or training material. Ensure business constituents are adequately trained in the usage of systems.
• Support assigned systems/modules through knowledge and use of specific tools and processes
• Proven knowledge and execution of Retail Coding platforms (PL/Sql, Pro*C, Oracle Forms, Java, Shell Scripts etc) to deliver quality code based on business needs
• Audits the performance of in-house data processing systems and business activities.
• Develops and maintains credible working knowledge of assigned Oracle modules, works with users to resolve problems, creates new solutions and serves as a technical consultant to business.
• Able to analyze problems and provide coherent solutions to both users and management.
• Work with third party resources to define solutions, create spec documents, test and implement solutions.
• Develops and maintains working knowledge of industry trends and business best practices
• Ability to automate repeatable processes using industry leading tools
Education & Experience
• Degree in Information Technology, Business or similar field of study, or equivalent experience.
• Minimum of 5 years of delivering results, supporting business expansion, process optimization and business strategy within the Oracle Retail suite.
• Progressive systems experience.
• International company and global process exposure.
• Basic understanding of robotic process automation and machine learning
• Solid experience in Retail Coding to deliver quality product at high speed
• Experience with the Oracle Retail suite of applications
• Experience in Oracle SQL queries preferred
• Proven solutions design and configuration skills
• Solid technical documentation and implementation methodology
• Understanding of various project and product management methodologies including waterfall and agile.
• Excellent time management skills
• Good organizational skills
• Able to guide solution development from design to completion to successful implementation
• Excellent team working and interpersonal skills
• Able to present ideas and plans to management in a credible manner
• Understanding of a wide range of retail-related functions
Recruiting Director, Information Technology
Tricia started working with The Connors Group in 2001, and focuses on recruiting for ERP positions. With an energy that's contagious, her relentless spirit has forged great relationships with clients, candidates, and colleagues. Tricia believes that clients value recruiters who can identify and deliver qualified candidates to them and add value to the process of on-boarding talent. Those who are truly matched to the organization are the type of employees they’ll be able to retain for a long time! Candidates value good communication, honesty, and the perception that their professional expertise is validated. Tricia tries to give each individual specialized attention to not only make them feel important, but to really understand their unique value proposition in what they do for their career. She always gives feedback – whether good or bad. Constant feedback helps to build strong rapport and establishes trust!
Once, Tricia had a candidate who was down and out because of the direction his life was going due to circumstances outside of his control. He wasn’t working, which impacted his confidence and hindered his ability to find new work. Because she recognized his potential, Tricia came up with a marketing plan and introduced him to companies he had not even considered. She was able to secure him an interview, and he not only landed at the company – he stayed there for 10 years and earned himself two promotions! Another time, she had a candidate who was out of work for two years. After spending a considerable amount of time introducing him to companies, he ended up landing a job with her help, which saved him from losing his home. At the end of the day, it’s really all about fit and finding that right opportunity. Tricia saw it through because she truly cared about seeing his success!
Her goal is to be the number one recruiter for finding the right talent to support ERP packages. Tricia wants to be positioned as someone who listens and truly understands the job market- a capable counsel for job seekers looking for new opportunity. Outside of the office, she loves hiking, especially in Acadia National Park in Bar Harbor, Maine. Tricia also enjoys reading and loves to cook (she's a pescatarian). Would also love to be on the show Survivor one day!