Business Intelligence Manager
1 Emerson Lane Secaucus, NJ 07094
POSITION TITLE: Business Intelligence Manager
REPORTS TO: Vice President Enterprise Applications, Development and BI
The BI manager delivers and maintains integrated business and information solutions for the management and operation. An energetic professional who will design and maintain company-wide analytics and business intelligence reporting solutions. Keen technical skills, business acumen and creativity; enabling the build of tools to automate reporting and empower the company with rapid insights into the business.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Develop business relationships and assist with BI project scoping and requirements gathering, understanding complex business questions and needs in wholesale and retail.
- Serve as lead architect on multiple concurrent projects and collaborate with Business Analysts and Project Managers to convert functional requirements into technical specifications.
- Assist with development of overall BI strategy and management of BI Center of Excellence.
- Design/enhance dimensional data models integrating with existing enterprises data warehouse.
- Design ETL processes for both batch and real-time applications.
- Architect COGNOS MicroStrategy reporting layer from metadata to reports to dashboards.
- Lead until and integration testing activities and participate in user acceptance testing as needed.
- Configure and support BI tools. Develop the semantic layer and metadata to support ETL, analysis and reporting. Create and test end user dashboards and reports.
Experience and Skills
- 6+ years of experience architecting and delivering BI solutions
- 3-5 yrs experience in the resource, delivery and career management of 4 or more individuals
- 6+ years hands on experience with standard ETL and front-end BI toolsets
- Demonstrated use of project management methodologies
- Experience working in Netezza is a plus.
- Design, development and testing of common Business Intelligence architectures
- Hands on use of core BI toolsets to include ETL, front-end and data modelling. (COGNOS and MicroStrategy)
- Excellent communication (oral and written) and interpersonal skills, is a proficient problem solver, ability to acquire new skills quickly and thrive in a collaborative team environment.
- Solid understanding of the retail business process
- Omni-channel exposure or strong conceptual understanding
Recruiting Director, Information Technology
Vanda joined the team at The Connors Group in 2001. She believes that clients value the goal of delivering the best results in adding value to their growth strategies… Helping to connect them to a higher level of talent. Candidates value trust that she'll keep their best interests in mind when it comes to finding the right opportunity for their career. Identifying the “Je Ne Sais Quoi” helps in balancing the needs of clients with the needs of candidates!
Vanda embodies value in how she's always willing to go an extra step and be readily accessible. She knows it’s important to trust her gut instinct and has been described by others as intuitive. Vanda enjoys focusing her energy on building relationships with everyone she works with. She loves what she does and proud of the results provided in matching job seekers to opportunities with her clients.
Vanda is always striving to learn new things and improve her craft, despite an established reputation in successfully placing IT professionals for over a decade. Vanda prides herself on an established network of top talent that is unrivaled. Vanda's policy is to always treat people the way she wants to be treated and to always put her best foot forward. She likes to bring a high level of optimism, creativity, and energy to each situation. A charismatic personality and can-do attitude make her a highly sought-after Recruiter.