Business Intelligence Developer
777 Third Avenue (Corner of 49th St.) NY, NY 10017 | Direct Hire
The Business Intelligence Developer will primarily be responsible for the development and deployment of data warehousing solutions and Business Intelligence applications. The ideal candidate will be passionate about the field of analytics and well versed in all aspects of an enterprise-wide analytics architecture including data integration, data modeling, and master data management.
- Design, build, and support all components of a data warehouse, such as ETL processes, databases and reporting environments
- Develop and maintain business intelligence applications including operational reports, dashboards, scorecards, and ad hoc reporting requests
- Develop and automate ETL processes that involve error and reconciliation handling, utilizing Microsoft SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS)
- Design dimensional models with conformed dimensions, following the business processes
- Utilize SAP Business Objects in designing and building the reporting environment
- Create processes for capturing and maintaining metadata
- Create system documentation and ensure it is continually sustained.
- BS/MS in Computer Science or related field
- 5+ years of professional experience, health care industry experience (preferred)
- 3+ years working with RDBMS (i.e. SQL Server)
- 2+ years of experience in data warehousing with designing multi-layered data warehouses and data marts using both relational and dimensional modeling techniques
- 2+ years of experience in integrating data both at logical & physical levels
- 2+ years of ETL (SSIS) experience
- 2+ years of Report/Dashboard Visualization experience (e.g. Tableau)
- Programing experience preferred (C#, Java)
- Expertise in query optimization techniques
- Proven experience consolidating disparate data sets into usable data
- Experience with SAP tools, WebI and Universe Designer
- Certification in one or more of the Clarity data models (Optime, Anesthesia, Inpatient)
- Certification in Epic applications an added plus
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills
Elements of a Successful Candidate
- Self-motivated, creative and innately curious about the world of technology and consistently introducing innovative solutions to problems.
- Ability to monitor and synthesize data, identify trends and insights and make recommendations based on rational thinking.
- Self-motivated people-oriented and energetic attitude; a positive team player who is analytical and focused on results.
- Demonstrated cultural competence and ability to interface with a diverse, multi-cultural population; diplomatic and discreet; socially, culturally and politically astute.
- Committed to improving quality and service and maintaining a spirit of cooperation and respect.
Recruiting Director, Information Technology
Vanda joined the team at The Connors Group in 2001. She believes that clients value the goal of delivering the best results in adding value to their growth strategies… Helping to connect them to a higher level of talent. Candidates value trust that she'll keep their best interests in mind when it comes to finding the right opportunity for their career. Identifying the “Je Ne Sais Quoi” helps in balancing the needs of clients with the needs of candidates!
Vanda embodies value in how she's always willing to go an extra step and be readily accessible. She knows it’s important to trust her gut instinct and has been described by others as intuitive. Vanda enjoys focusing her energy on building relationships with everyone she works with. She loves what she does and proud of the results provided in matching job seekers to opportunities with her clients.
Vanda is always striving to learn new things and improve her craft, despite an established reputation in successfully placing IT professionals for over a decade. Vanda prides herself on an established network of top talent that is unrivaled. Vanda's policy is to always treat people the way she wants to be treated and to always put her best foot forward. She likes to bring a high level of optimism, creativity, and energy to each situation. A charismatic personality and can-do attitude make her a highly sought-after Recruiter.