Union, NJ 07083
BA Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
o Lead/facilitate requirements workshops (JAD, CRP sessions, Interviews) with key business and IT stakeholders
o Resolve conflicts and ensure alignment among stakeholders
o Generate high quality BA deliverables in a timely manner across the project life cycle. Deliverables include BRD, FRD, User Stories, Test Scenarios, etc.
o Work closely with technical team ensure all business/functional requirements get transitioned into design specifications
o Take ownership for functional and integration testing including
???? Creating and reviewing test cases
???? Test data set up
???? Basic Triage skills (Interface file (XML) validation, Running queries, DB validation, etc.)
???? Hands-on application testing skills
o Establish good working relationship and rapport with internal and external business and IT partners
o Well versed in Waterfall and Agile delivery models
Internal Initiatives – Help establish and contribute to Business Analysis Center of Excellence:
o Define Requirements Gathering and Requirements Management framework
o Define BA team deliverables/templates including roles/responsibilities by phase
o Effectively utilize organizational tools
o Champion Knowledge Management Process and strive hard to be the in-house Functional Subject Matter Expert in one or more focus areas
o Create and Maintain functional artifacts such as:
Project specific deliverables (BRD, User stories, FRD, Traceability Matrix, Test Scenarios, Test cases, etc.)
Process guidelines/ BA framework
Weekly Status, metrics, dashboard
?? Weekly Status, metrics, dashboard
???? Knowledge Management
•???? Induction/Onboarding Kit
•???? Training Tutorials
• Trainig Tutorials
• User Manuals
• Business and System Process Mapping (L1, L2, L3)
• Thought Leadership, Domain/Industry Awareness
o Responsible for creation of intellectual properties such as white papers, point of view presentations, etc.
o Participate and present in conferences
o Establish industry wide connections
o Organize regular field trips to stores, DCs, and call centers of BBBY and other retailers in the local area
• 8-12 years of business system analysis, business consulting, functional consulting experience in the Retail Industry
• 4-5 years of experience in the Omni-Channel area with focus on Order Management and Fulfillment
• Must have led Requirements Gathering and Management for at least 3 large scale, complex, enterprise wide initiatives dealing with multiple business and IT teams
• Subject Matter Expert in Ecommerce Order Management, Fulfillment, Inventory Management, Logistics and Warehouse Management
• Must be a leader, proactive, problem solver, capable of deriving clarity from ambiguous situations, able to facilitate workshops with business and IT leaders (Directors and above)
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
• Highly Analytical, Expert with MS Office tools, Adept in creating and making executive presentations
• Hands on experience in Order Management solutions such as Manhattan, Sterling will be a plus
• Candidate must possess a techno-functional background and must be comfortable with SQL queries, studying/understanding DB table relation and structure, reading and interpreting XSD, XML, etc. and other forms of interfaces, data mapping, etc.
• Must be able to hit the ground sprinting and work with minimal guidance
• Exceptionally strong in preparing executive presentations
• Exceptionally strong in MS Office (Word, Excel, Power Point, Visio, MPP)
Ken Peters co-founded The Connors Group in June, 2001 and has been responsible for building the foundation of this premier IT staffing organization that serves clients in the areas of executive search, staff placements and consulting services. Ken has over 23 years experience in information technology and IT recruiting.
Ken’s IT background gives him a unique prospective to what an employer is looking for in an IT professional, as well as what’s important to a prospective candidate.
Handling the operations side of The Connors Group, Ken is always looking to leverage technology to create a world class infrastructure. Implementing this technology gives Connors a competitive edge, and adds tremendous value to our clients, and candidates.