Union, NJ 07083 | Contract
As a Business Analyst you will possess a combination of application development and implementation skills as well as strong analysis and design skills. At Client you will utilize these skills as part of a team responsible for the development and/or implementation of enterprise wide supply-chain & custom retail solutions. During the project life cycle, you will be responsible for partnering with users, staff, contract developers, and QA analysts to ensure successful delivery of critical projects.
As a key contributor to the team you must have experience in the following:
• Collecting and analyzing the project’ s business requirements by coordinating interviews, requirement workshops, business and workflow analysis.
• Preparing accurate and detailed requirement specification documents, user interface guides, and functional specification documents.
• Documenting the acquired results of analysis and workflows as well as obtaining sign-off from the appropriate business units.
• Ability to communicate effectively with external business partners and internal teams to deliver the projects requirements.
• Successfully engage in multiple initiatives simultaneously.
• Strong knowledge of retail processes; including Supply Chain.
• Candidate will be involved in iSeries & Web Applications both desktop & mobile
Experience in JAD is a plus as well as experience in data and process modeling.
Experience as Business Analyst (8+ years)
Experience in agile methodologies, tools, standards and procedures
Experience writing user stories
Ability to apply technology in an appropriate way to meet business requirements
Ability to write and execute basic SQL queries
Ability to create prototype screens and process flows
Ability to gather and interpret relevant data and information
Ability to understand processes/problems and ability to share that understanding with developers and/or designers
Ability to analyze and document complex business processes
Excellent written and verbal communication skills and the ability to interact professionally with a diverse group of executives, managers and subject matter experts.
Fluent in Microsoft Office suite
Ability to multi-task
Excellent time management skills
Ability to facilitate meetings with Business stake holders
Process modeling, data modeling, JAD, RAD
Creativity with an eye to developing new and innovative solutions
iSeries DB2 Data analysis experience
Strong experience with Web based applications
Retail Application & Business Knowledge/ JDA
Major supply chain package experience
Ken Peters co-founded The Connors Group in June, 2001 and has been responsible for building the foundation of this premier IT staffing organization that serves clients in the areas of executive search, staff placements and consulting services. Ken has over 23 years experience in information technology and IT recruiting.
Ken’s IT background gives him a unique prospective to what an employer is looking for in an IT professional, as well as what’s important to a prospective candidate.
Handling the operations side of The Connors Group, Ken is always looking to leverage technology to create a world class infrastructure. Implementing this technology gives Connors a competitive edge, and adds tremendous value to our clients, and candidates.