Business Analyst - Ecommerce
Union, NJ 07083 | Contract
Business Analyst - Ecommerce
Client is seeking a BA Analyst for the Business Analysis team in our eCommerce and Mobile Technologies IT division (specifically site search area). Under the direction of the Delivery Manager/Project Manager and workstream leadership, this role will be responsible for developing and documenting functional specifications from user-defined business requirements which support the strategic objectives of the Corporation. This role also provides an effective liaison between the business departments, various IT departments, as well as, external vendors providing IT related services. As a Business Analyst for the team you must be able to do following:
• Participate in Iterative/Agile development of solutions based on acceptance criteria and design.
• Understand critical business processes supporting business, interview internal and external customers to gather requirements.
• Elicit, capture and analyze the project’ s business requirements into user stories, detailed functional specifications, user interface specifications, and general system requirements.
• Participate in all aspects of IT Agile project development; including Scrum, Backlog Grooming and Sprint Planning & Demos to ensure projects are continuously moving forward.
• Participation in all cycles of project release, including Discovery, delivery and post release support.
• Lead/participate in proof of concept demonstrations to gain early feedback and inform product strategy and for ensuring smooth adoption.
• Trace user stories to business objectives and the product vision throughout the sprint to ensure it' s actually been delivered as imagined.
• Identify gaps in data requirements between as-is and to be states. Model the data requirements to ensure that the data will support the new solution. .
• Communicate continuously and effectively with external business partners and internal teams to articulate a project' s comprehensive requirements.
• Collaborate with UX designers, developers and subject matter experts to establish the technical vision and analyze tradeoffs between usability and performance needs while not impacting customer experience.
• Ability to work autonomously and in a collaborative team with participation with team members including the product owners, designers, and testers.
• Minimum 3- 5 years experience in business process analysis
• Minimum 3 years experience operating in an Agile environment, writing user stories and functional requirements documents.
• Minimum 3 years working on Mobile Web and Mobile App projects.- iOS and Android.
• Minimum 1- 3 years working on Responsive Design websites
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills and the ability to interact professionally with a diverse group of executives, managers and subject matter experts.
• Working knowledge of MS Word, Excel, Visio and Project.
• Working knowledge of common tools for managing Agile User Stories and Sprints such as JIRA and IBM Rational toolsets
• Working knowledge of Toad for Oracle or another SQL Client.
• Ability to engage in multiple initiatives simultaneously.
• Ability to analyze and document complex business processes.
• Ability to make effective decisions under pressure.
• Ability to think analytically and be a problem solver.
• Ability to gather and interpret relevant data and information.
• Working knowledge of HTML, Java, .NET, SQL, and XML is not required but is a plus.
• Working knowledge of Waterfall and Agile Project Methodologies.
EDUCATION AND QUALIFICATIONS:
• Bachelor’ s degree in Business Administration, Computer Science, or any related field from an accredited institution preferred.
• Master’ s degree in Business Administration is a plus.
• Retail and broad understanding of eCommerce Systems, including Mobile is required; Strong understanding of Responsive Design techniques and Marketing Experience is a plus.
• Experience and/or familiarity working in a Digital related field are a plus.
• Experience with ATG, Solr Web Commerce, is a plu
Ken Peters co-founded The Connors Group in June, 2001 and has been responsible for building the foundation of this premier IT staffing organization that serves clients in the areas of executive search, staff placements and consulting services. Ken has over 23 years experience in information technology and IT recruiting.
Ken’s IT background gives him a unique prospective to what an employer is looking for in an IT professional, as well as what’s important to a prospective candidate.
Handling the operations side of The Connors Group, Ken is always looking to leverage technology to create a world class infrastructure. Implementing this technology gives Connors a competitive edge, and adds tremendous value to our clients, and candidates.