Business Analyst, Marketing Platforms
100 West 33rd Street New York, NY 10001
My client is seeking an innovative and insightful thinker who likes solving business problems leveraging technology. You will work as part of cross-functional team leveraging Agile/Scrum methodologies. You need to have functional expertise in Marketing Technology solutions like Email Campaign Platforms, CRM systems or Customer Data Platforms (CDPs)
As business analyst you will work closely with marketing teams across the organization translate business needs into functional requirements and work with engineering teams to deliver technical solutions aligned with business needs.
You will also partner closely with product managers as well as external vendors to drive project execution including User Acceptance Testing (UAT), training and rollout of technology solutions.
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES/ACCOUNTABILITIES OF THE JOB:
- Requirements & Product Roadmaps
- Act as a functional expert on Marketing and Customer Data related systems
- Lead requirement elicitation sessions with marketing business owners and translate business needs into functional requirements
- Create epics and user stories for engineering teams
- Partner with product managers to create and maintain product roadmaps and backlogs
- Functional & Business User Testing
- Review and provide feedback to engineering teams on functional test scripts/scenarios
- Actively collaborate with engineering teams to validate solution(s) throughout each sprint
- Lead end-of-sprint demos in partnership with product managers; facilitate and collate business feedback during the demos
- Coordinate with marketing business owners on user acceptance testing strategy, planning and tracking
- Partner with cross-functional teams to develop training strategies
- Liaison for systems related issues, requests, etc.
- Communicate and work with marketing, product and engineering on all issues and needs
- Coordinate new capability and feature prioritization with business owners and product managers
- Craft and deliver presentations on new capabilities and enhancements to assigned platforms
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE:
- 5+ years IT experience with minimum 3 years of experience working in a business analysis role
- 2 years of business analysis experience in Fashion, Retail or CPG industries is preferred
- Experience working in cross-functional teams delivering marketing technology solutions or digital products using agile methodologies
- Experience writing detailed user stories, and creating and maintaining a product backlog
- Experience with one of the major marketing automation platforms (Salesforce, Adobe Campaign, Marketo etc.)
- Previous experience implementing Salesforce Marketing Cloud or a Customer Data Platform (AgileOne, RedPoint, ActionIQ, SessionM etc.) is preferred
Education: Undergraduate Degree in Computer Science, Business Management, or a related field
Specific skills required for Business Analyst, Marketing Platforms include:
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Effective communication skills – communicates effectively and at the right level based on the audience
- Cross functional coordination – coordinates input and participation from diverse set of business stakeholders
- Business Relationships – grows and strengthens relationships with business partners
- Knowledge of Agile process and principles as well as Waterfall project management
- Goal oriented and self-motivated within a collaborative team environment
- Demonstrated ability to understand and discuss technical concepts
- Strong functional knowledge of products in MarTech or AdTech space. Experience with one or more of the following platforms is strongly preferred – Campaign Management platforms, CRM systems, Data Management Platforms (DMPs), or Loyalty platforms
Following skills are not required, but preferred:
- Salesforce marketing cloud certifications
- Agile methodology certifications
- Experience working with customer data and analytics platforms
INTERNAL & EXTERNAL CONTACTS:
Internal: Marketing teams across Corporate and Brands, various product, engineering and business process teams in the organization
External: Software product vendors, IT services and business consulting vendors
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES: N/A
BUDGETARY RESPONSIBILITIES: N/A
DECISION MAKING: Work with business teams to reach agreement on business requirements and project deliverable
- Self-starter that can work independently and as part of a team
- Must be able to work in a fast paced environment and adapt to shifting priorities while meeting project deadlines
- Must possess an understanding of technological trends in the industry and uses this knowledge to bring forward creative solutions in support of business needs
- Continuously seeks opportunities to expand area of expertise
- Dynamic business facing environment and you will be required to interact with diverse set of stakeholders and business functions
Managing Director, Digital & eCommerce Recruiting
Patti started working with The Connors Group in 2007. Her outgoing personality, energy, and positive attitude helped quickly develop a broad and loyal base of candidates and clients. Patti believes an ideal client relationship is a true “partner” with the shared goal of quickly and successfully recruiting the right talent... relationships that are built on trust, communication, and attention to all the right details. She believes that investing time to understand the big picture… the business and goals… are imperative when taking on a new search. Equally important to the “job order” is identifying the fit, and her goal is to add value and become that trusted, go-to resource companies seek to get their positions filled!
Candidates want to establish relationships with recruiters who understand the industry, skills, career goals, and personalities of the people they recruit. Listening to what is important to the individual- besides the skills match- to better align qualities with opportunities is the goal. Communication as well. Honest and open communication are paramount. As a recruiter working with both passive and active candidates; Patti strives to understand “who they are,” “what are their career goals,” “what do they think is their most valuable trait.” Listening, establishing rapport, and keeping the line of communication open… providing career guidance, suggestions, and honest feedback is what she believes differentiates our team from other recruiters!
Helping to build the digital practice for The Connors Group, even riding the waves of an up and down economy, and witnessing early stages of the digital, eCommerce era... is something Patti is tremendously proud of. To be part of successful and consistent growth… understanding the trends / translatable skills, cultivating relationships with early pioneers who were just starting out… and seeing their progression- it is very rewarding to be part of that change! Similarly, earlier in her technical sales career, witnessing the transition from Mainframe, Data Center technology… to Personal Computing, Microcomputing, and ultimately partnering with an innovative group to target small- to medium- sized businesses to offer affordable, powerful computer solutions- it was incredible to see that trend explode and have a part in it!
She would have to say… over the course of a 30-year career in technology, that Patti has found it satisfying to have contributed to both sides; from the evolution of computing and putting technology in the hands of the people… to now putting people with the right hands on the technology! Her goal is to continue to build a reputation as a Subject Matter Expert in the digital talent space, working with new companies and staying abreast of emergent technologies so that she may continue to service new and existing clients; and be positioned as a trustworthy and valuable partner. Outside of work, she loves to travel... mostly off the beaten path, has a knack for party hosting and loves to dance!