Business Analyst, Financial & Admin Systems
One Meadowlands Plaza 9th Floor East Rutherford, NJ 07073 | Direct Hire
Our client is growing and investing in its people, technology, and industry-leading operations. We are looking for a dynamic, energetic and driven Business Analyst to join our fast-paced and rapidly expanding IT organization. You will play a critical role in implementing enhancements to and maintaining our financial systems to help us grow. You will help define our financial systems while working closely with the Finance team and key stakeholders across the company.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Help update financial systems and processes to meet the needs of a rapidly growing business
- Participate in major cross-functional efforts, such as software implementation and strategic planning, that pull together team members from departments including Finance, Legal, Human Resources, and Marketing
- Ensure SOX compliance for our internal business systems
- IT finance resource for the transition to SAP from existing ERP systems
- Ensure business requirements are properly configured in all financial systems
- Help to integrate financial systems with other business systems and our data warehouse
- Identify, evaluate, and recommend key technologies required to support and improve the business processes
- Drive the full life-cycle of financial systems including gathering business requirements, technical analysis and design, coding, testing, and implementation of customizations within the software environment (Procure-to-Pay, Order-To-Cash, and Corporate Accounting)
- Undergraduate degree in Accounting
- 5+ years experience designing and implementing solutions in ERP applications
- 3+ years experience working with SAP FICO deployment, administration, and projects
- Combined Accounting and IT background preferred
- Strong technical background, and hands-on experience with financial initiatives
- Experience customizing/developing ERP Systems and integrating them other business systems
- Prior experience with Service Now ticket system a plus
- Knowledge of GAAP accounting and experience with SOX compliance
- Ability to effectively gather and prioritize user requirements from disparate sources, going beyond user requests to get to key user needs
- Strong consensus and relationship-building skills, with experience leading resources across different functions of an organization
- Self-starter, positive attitude, zero ego, and ability to problem-solve
- Strong communication and organizational skills, and impeccable attention to detail
- Ability to manage multiple simultaneous tasks within an open and interactive environment
- Proactive, always seeking additional responsibility
- A strong customer-first service approach with end users
- Self-motivated and independent demonstrating initiative and a desire to achieve and learn
- An approach to work which is conscientious and methodical; a strong work ethic with the focus and drive to see tasks through to completion
- Manages self and team to meet commitments and project schedules.
- Operates with a sense of urgency, yet with a professional, delivery oriented approach
- Builds trust using effective communication and a customer service oriented approach.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills; able to lead presentations, requirements workshops and project related discussions with associates and senior leadership.
- Facilitates team relationships and teamwork across the organization and among a diverse workforce; emphasis on doing the “ right thing”, not necessarily the popular thing
- Innovates using strong and creative problem-solving skills.
- Confident, yet with an ego firmly in check
Recruiting Director, Information Technology
Tricia started working with The Connors Group in 2001, and focuses on recruiting for ERP positions. With an energy that's contagious, her relentless spirit has forged great relationships with clients, candidates, and colleagues. Tricia believes that clients value recruiters who can identify and deliver qualified candidates to them and add value to the process of on-boarding talent. Those who are truly matched to the organization are the type of employees they’ll be able to retain for a long time! Candidates value good communication, honesty, and the perception that their professional expertise is validated. Tricia tries to give each individual specialized attention to not only make them feel important, but to really understand their unique value proposition in what they do for their career. She always gives feedback – whether good or bad. Constant feedback helps to build strong rapport and establishes trust!
Once, Tricia had a candidate who was down and out because of the direction his life was going due to circumstances outside of his control. He wasn’t working, which impacted his confidence and hindered his ability to find new work. Because she recognized his potential, Tricia came up with a marketing plan and introduced him to companies he had not even considered. She was able to secure him an interview, and he not only landed at the company – he stayed there for 10 years and earned himself two promotions! Another time, she had a candidate who was out of work for two years. After spending a considerable amount of time introducing him to companies, he ended up landing a job with her help, which saved him from losing his home. At the end of the day, it’s really all about fit and finding that right opportunity. Tricia saw it through because she truly cared about seeing his success!
Her goal is to be the number one recruiter for finding the right talent to support ERP packages. Tricia wants to be positioned as someone who listens and truly understands the job market- a capable counsel for job seekers looking for new opportunity. Outside of the office, she loves hiking, especially in Acadia National Park in Bar Harbor, Maine. Tricia also enjoys reading and loves to cook (she's a pescatarian). Would also love to be on the show Survivor one day!