200 Talcott Avenue South Watertown, MA 02472
The purpose of the Business Intelligence (BI) Developer role is to build BI solutions that help our stakeholders by transforming data in to actionable insights. The BI Developer will be supporting our exciting new Enterprise Business Intelligence practice. The BI developer will design, build and maintain data visualizations on our cutting edge BI platform. The BI Developer will lead projects independently as well as troubleshoot system issues and assist end-users with application support.
What you will be doing in this role:
- Design, build and maintain data visualizations (reports and dashboards) as required to support user stories
- Build data models on the BI platform with a solid understanding of the BI Project requirements
- Build Business Intelligence/Analytics solutions with the understanding of business and data requirements, and iteratively designs visualizations for initial concepts and prototypes that can be presented to customers for feedback
- Perform detailed data analysis (i.e. determine the structure, content, and quality of the data through examination of source systems and data samples)
- Defines, executes and interpret complex/nested SQL queries
- Proficient in ETL development using tools such as SSIS, Informatica or SAP Data Services.
- Exposure with machine learning algorithms is a plus
- Create scripts and T-SQL procedures to analyze data
What we hope you bring to the role:
- Bachelor’ s degree in Computer Science, Business or related field or comparable experience required. Individual should have a minimum of 3+ years related work experience
- 3+ years of experience developing reports and dashboards using Qlik Sense
- 3+ years building data models, T-SQL routines and ETL scripts
- Prior experience working on diverse teams
Meet Your Recruiter
Recruiting Director, Information Technology
Vanda joined the team at The Connors Group in 2001. She believes that clients value the goal of delivering the best results in adding value to their growth strategies… Helping to connect them to a higher level of talent. Candidates value trust that she'll keep their best interests in mind when it comes to finding the right opportunity for their career. Identifying the “Je Ne Sais Quoi” helps in balancing the needs of clients with the needs of candidates!
Vanda embodies value in how she's always willing to go an extra step and be readily accessible. She knows it’s important to trust her gut instinct and has been described by others as intuitive. Vanda enjoys focusing her energy on building relationships with everyone she works with. She loves what she does and proud of the results provided in matching job seekers to opportunities with her clients.
Vanda is always striving to learn new things and improve her craft, despite an established reputation in successfully placing IT professionals for over a decade. Vanda prides herself on an established network of top talent that is unrivaled. Vanda's policy is to always treat people the way she wants to be treated and to always put her best foot forward. She likes to bring a high level of optimism, creativity, and energy to each situation. A charismatic personality and can-do attitude make her a highly sought-after Recruiter.