Associate Director, Paid Media
30 Montgomery Street Jersey City, NJ 07032
Location: Jersey City, NJ or Remote
The Associate Director of Paid Media is responsible for the execution and optimization of user acquisition and performance marketing campaigns. The ideal candidate has a passion for the digital media landscape and understands the intricacies and unique attributes of every step in the marketing funnel. The successful candidate will bring a highly analytical, cross-channel, and seasoned planning skill set to the role, which will be critical to delivering breakthrough thinking for this channel.
- Partner with Account Managers on strategic paid media initiatives with a primary focus on acquisition based paid media marketing
- Work with teams on budget planning, forecasting, and campaign specific goals
- Help develop a team & oversee direct reports, mentor, and support on paid media strategy
- Connect business planning and media implications to unlock growth and new opportunities
- Develop innovative solutions by spotting client business growth opportunities and design presentations to articulate the story in an impactful manner
- Influence, collaborate and directly work with multiple team members across departments
- Ensure support of paid media strategy across existing channels (e.g. Paid Search, Paid Social, Programmatic Display, Audio, Video)
- Assist in developing ongoing client level planning, reporting and analysis of paid media performance
- Monitor goals and delivery from paid media efforts
- Develop & host regular cadence meetings with AdOps and Account Management leads to provide latest performance information & educate on paid media tactics & strategies
- Identify, prioritize, and articulate paid media campaigns and initiatives
- Contribute to strategy, campaign structure, paid media optimizations, and ad content (including strategic recommendations on creative content, audience targeting & messaging)
- Share expertise on campaign & bid management
- Articulate and educate on paid media optimizations for improved acquisition performance
- Recommend new paid media tactics, concepts, and approaches to inform broader marketing strategy
- 6 years cross-channel paid media experience including a combination of performance marketing budgeting and planning, and hands-on-keyboard execution
- Expertise with major search engines: Google Ads, Microsoft, Apple Search
- Expertise with Google Marketing Platform suite (e.g. CM360, DV360, SA360)
- Knowledge of programmatic ad buying within multiple DSPs
- Deep knowledge of established & emerging social platforms (e.g. Facebook, Twitter, Snapchat, Pinterest, Tik Tok, etc.)
- Experience with paid search tools (e.g. Search Monitor, SpyFU, etc)
- Experience with brand safety platforms (e.g. IAS)
- In-platform knowledge of programmatic buying, audience creation, campaign management and in-dash optimization techniques
- Must have experience with direct response campaigns
- Highly quantitative with the ability to make data driven decisions resulting in tangible improvements in performance
- Flexibility & ability to work in a fast paced and dynamic environment
- A strong communicator with a can-do, positive attitude and a strong desire to get things done
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced and dynamic working environment, supporting new products/businesses
- Sense of humor and desire to have fun!
Meet Your Recruiter
Managing Director, Digital & eCommerce Recruiting
Patti started working with The Connors Group in 2007. Her outgoing personality, energy, and positive attitude helped quickly develop a broad and loyal base of candidates and clients. Patti believes an ideal client relationship is a true “partner” with the shared goal of quickly and successfully recruiting the right talent... relationships that are built on trust, communication, and attention to all the right details. She believes that investing time to understand the big picture… the business and goals… are imperative when taking on a new search. Equally important to the “job order” is identifying the fit, and her goal is to add value and become that trusted, go-to resource companies seek to get their positions filled!
Candidates want to establish relationships with recruiters who understand the industry, skills, career goals, and personalities of the people they recruit. Listening to what is important to the individual- besides the skills match- to better align qualities with opportunities is the goal. Communication as well. Honest and open communication are paramount. As a recruiter working with both passive and active candidates; Patti strives to understand “who they are,” “what are their career goals,” “what do they think is their most valuable trait.” Listening, establishing rapport, and keeping the line of communication open… providing career guidance, suggestions, and honest feedback is what she believes differentiates our team from other recruiters!
Helping to build the digital practice for The Connors Group, even riding the waves of an up and down economy, and witnessing early stages of the digital, eCommerce era... is something Patti is tremendously proud of. To be part of successful and consistent growth… understanding the trends / translatable skills, cultivating relationships with early pioneers who were just starting out… and seeing their progression- it is very rewarding to be part of that change! Similarly, earlier in her technical sales career, witnessing the transition from Mainframe, Data Center technology… to Personal Computing, Microcomputing, and ultimately partnering with an innovative group to target small- to medium- sized businesses to offer affordable, powerful computer solutions- it was incredible to see that trend explode and have a part in it!
She would have to say… over the course of a 30-year career in technology, that Patti has found it satisfying to have contributed to both sides; from the evolution of computing and putting technology in the hands of the people… to now putting people with the right hands on the technology! Her goal is to continue to build a reputation as a Subject Matter Expert in the digital talent space, working with new companies and staying abreast of emergent technologies so that she may continue to service new and existing clients; and be positioned as a trustworthy and valuable partner. Outside of work, she loves to travel... mostly off the beaten path, has a knack for party hosting and loves to dance!